The Sacto Pick

Go down

The Sacto Pick

Post by bobheckler on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
about 21 minutes ago
Since interest in #KingsPick seems to have picked up after the Duke game last night, current #KingsPick odds (based on 538 projection of finishing with 7th worst record): No. 1: 7.5% Nos. 2-5: 25.8% Nos. 2-10: 82.1% Lottery: 99.9%

bob
MY NOTE:  We do not want them to get the #1 pick since it is protected if #1.  I'm very fine with an 82% chance of top 10 and a early-season lock on the lottery. 26% of 2-5 might be the sweet spot. This is something we should keep an eye on.

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sacto Pick

Post by dboss on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:14 pm

2-5 would be a perfect for us.

We also have a shot at the LAC and Memphis picks plus our own That's 4 first rounders this year.

Seems unlikely that the Celtics would be able to absorb 4 rookies.

As the season progresses, it will be very interesting to see where these teams are in the overall standing.
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:31 pm

Memphis pick is almost a lock to me...but its a long season and they could have the injury bug again I guess.
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:37 pm

Just take one of the three Duke Freshmen; Williamson, Barrett or Reddish. We'll need to be a top 4 pick to do it.

Take this one to the bank... Williamson will be the best all-around player in the NBA 5 or 6 years from now. 2018-2019 NCAA men's hoops fearless prediction #1. For the record, I am saying that after he played just one college game. I'm consistent though. Said that after seeing a broadcast of one of his high school games too.
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:19 pm

When NYCelt talks college players, people listen! (Reading your post made me think of the EF Hutton commercials)
bobc33

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:26 am

NYCelt wrote:Just take one of the three Duke Freshmen; Williamson, Barrett or Reddish. We'll need to be a top 4 pick to do it.

Take this one to the bank... Williamson will be the best all-around player in the NBA 5 or 6 years from now. 2018-2019 NCAA men's hoops fearless prediction #1. For the record, I am saying that after he played just one college game. I'm consistent though. Said that after seeing a broadcast of one of his high school games too.

reminds me of Larry Johnson his first few years before injury's took their toll on him. I think some compare him to Barkley also. Both are comparisons because of his size and game of course.

one would always worry about a young guy with such weight who's game is about athletic ability in the long run though.

I doubt we'll have a high enough pick for either Barrett or Williamson..maybe Reddish.

though I'm looking to see what happens with Charles Bassey and Bol Bol..but I always have a thing for big men in the draft. Either way we have to hope the Kings start playing more like the Kings!

kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:45 am

NYCelt wrote:Just take one of the three Duke Freshmen; Williamson, Barrett or Reddish. We'll need to be a top 4 pick to do it.

The kid is an absolute beast!

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:03 am

I would not bet against either Williams or Barrett

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yIo8wqqmHk
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:17 am

Some are comparing Williamson to Charles Barkley. I think a better comparison would be Lebron James. Perhaps somewhere in between the two of them.

Barrett is a smooth effortless scorer. Very skilled.

I would take either one of them or Reddish as well.

dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:07 pm

bobc33 wrote:When NYCelt talks college players, people listen!  (Reading your post made me think of the EF Hutton commercials)

Bob,

Being in the business, I loved those old ads!

Regards
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down