Butler traded to Sixers

Go down

Butler traded to Sixers

Post by dboss on Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:13 pm

Done deal
avatar
dboss

Posts : 9195
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: Butler traded to Sixers

Post by dboss on Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:16 pm

The Timberwolves will receive a package that includes Robert Covington, Dario Saric, Jerryd Bayless and a second-round pick, sources said, and Minnesota will also send Justin Patton to Philadelphia.

Does not seem like much of a haul for T'Woves. Sixers win this deal..I think
avatar
dboss

Posts : 9195
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: Butler traded to Sixers

Post by beat on Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:19 pm

dboss wrote:The Timberwolves will receive a package that includes Robert Covington, Dario Saric, Jerryd Bayless and a second-round pick, sources said, and Minnesota will also send Justin Patton to Philadelphia.

Does not seem like much of a haul for T'Woves.  Sixers win this deal..I think

If he walks at the end of the year? Perhaps not.

beat
avatar
beat

Posts : 7004
Join date : 2009-10-13
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Butler traded to Sixers

Post by mrkleen09 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:34 pm



Quit on the Bulls - CHECK
Quit on the Wolves - CHECK
Quit on the Sixers - (Pending)
avatar
mrkleen09

Posts : 3276
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: Butler traded to Sixers

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:45 pm

well, Eastern conference just got a little more interesting. Celtics should be looking over their shoulders a bit.

Then again, let's see how Butler and Simmons gel.This could be a one and done season for Butler, you never know. On paper it makes them better, but that can be ripped up if it doesn't work out.

I like Saric, he is a good player, a terrific shooter, and Covington I believe has struggled a bit this year. He always played well against the Celtics but this season was incognito.

Let's just see how Butler makes out in Philly. Interesting, very interesting.
avatar
RosalieTCeltics

Posts : 18287
Join date : 2009-10-17
Age : 71

Back to top Go down

Re: Butler traded to Sixers

Post by swish on Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:54 pm

This move should determine whether the problems in Minny were all on Buttler.

swish

swish

Posts : 2683
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 86

Back to top Go down

Re: Butler traded to Sixers

Post by dboss on Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:47 pm

On paper this is a great move giving Philly 3 legit allstars.  Butler is a veteran and as long as he does not try to dominate the conversation in Philly, Embid and Simmons should enbrace him.

Losing a first team wing defender will hurt but Butler is also a solid defender.  Losing Saric will weaken the quality of their 4/5 deoth.  Can anne name a center or PF off the bench for this team without looking it up?  NO

Bay-leaves is nobody of significance, the 2nd rounder is a cheap roster spot or fill in for a trade.  I think Butler is very likely to stay there.  Where else would he go.  Philly has the $ and space to max him out.

I do not know much about the thrown in from Sota.

Sota gets a decent 2 way player in Covington and a Young developing big in Saric.

But the best player is Butler and he fills a very specific need.
avatar
dboss

Posts : 9195
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: Butler traded to Sixers

Post by kdp59 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:58 pm

Patton is a 7 footer drafted last year with the pick the Twolves got with Butler from Chicago.

he didn't play much last year (injury's or just Tibbs not playing young guys) and I think he has an injury this year.

link to one pre draft write up on him

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/justin-patton
avatar
kdp59

Posts : 3808
Join date : 2014-01-05
Age : 59

Back to top Go down

Re: Butler traded to Sixers

Post by swish on Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:40 pm

I expect that the 76ers threesome of Embiid, Butler and Simmons will be dominating the minutes played and scoring - their version of a potential big three.

swish

swish

Posts : 2683
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 86

Back to top Go down

Re: Butler traded to Sixers

Post by fierce on Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:17 pm

Now the Atlantic division is a 2-way race and it's Toronto and Philly.

Right now the Celts will just be the 3rd best team in the Atlantic.

When the season started, the Celts were the favorites to win the east.
Celts have suddenly become the underdogs.
avatar
fierce

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2017-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Butler traded to Sixers

Post by Phil Pressey on Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:30 pm

fierce wrote:Now the Atlantic division is a 2-way race and it's Toronto and Philly.

Right now the Celts will just be the 3rd best team in the Atlantic.

When the season started, the Celts were the favorites to win the east.
Celts have suddenly become the underdogs.
You don't think Milwaukee has a chance?
You don't think Hayward will improve enough?
Maybe the C's are holding back not caring about the playoff seedings and are already in option B to experiment.

But now there is Indiana to go with the three. The East is not looking so weak for top teams. Even Miami, Detroit and Brooklyn can win some games.

If I'm the C's, I want at least the fourth seed. I know it's early but now the team is vulnerable if anyone else gets hurt or Theis and Hayward can't get it together in time for this year. The trading deadline is going to be pure silly season for Danny if the struggles continue.

I am confident this will turn around. I am not very confident they can surge back up towards Toronto and Milwaukee. Those two are definitely going for wins. I'm still not afraid of Philly.

Houston and Philly are clearly on tilt. Toronto is on the edge. They have no guarantee Kawhi returns.

I'm glad Danny hasn't done anything yet. You try to steal a title but maybe next year after this one is the year to win it all after Durant or Thompson leave Golden State. That also gives Danny more time to figure out the roster crunch. Danny is not one to let big assets walk for nothing. He also doesn't seem to like big assets that aren't worth the money (Evan Turner, Bradley, Isaiah). Anything could happen. Kyrie could be the one traded. No one could be traded. I should have the right to my opinions without being attacked and getting my posts deleted. Same goes for Fierce and everyone else outside of the inner circle. Now they are deleting posts? How long has that been going on?
avatar
Phil Pressey

Posts : 2064
Join date : 2017-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Butler traded to Sixers

Post by 112288 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:38 pm

ADVANTAGE PHILLY!

NOT GOOD!

112288
avatar
112288

Posts : 6439
Join date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Butler traded to Sixers

Post by fierce on Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:44 pm

Phil

I was just talking about the Atlantic.
My point is the Celts are not even in the top 2 of the Atlantic.
Before we talk about Milwaukee and the east, let's deal with Toronto and Philly first.

Hayward's only chance of playing well is if Jaylen Brown is not there anymore.
Celts need to choose between Brown and Hayward.
There's just no way around that.
avatar
fierce

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2017-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Butler traded to Sixers

Post by fierce on Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:47 pm

Phil

I don't like our chances if the Celts are just a 4th seed.
Like dboss said, the last time the Celts won a championship was back in 69 when there were only 14 teams.

I don't like our chances if the Celts are just the 4th seed.
avatar
fierce

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2017-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Butler traded to Sixers

Post by Phil Pressey on Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:18 pm

fierce wrote:Phil

I was just talking about the Atlantic.
My point is the Celts are not even in the top 2 of the Atlantic.
Before we talk about Milwaukee and the east, let's deal with Toronto and Philly first.

Hayward's only chance of playing well is if Jaylen Brown is not there anymore.
Celts need to choose between Brown and Hayward.
There's just no way around that.
Okay, I'll let the omission of Milwaukee slide.

But I thought this was the era of switchability which might not be a real word?

Hayward looks as fast as older Paul Pierce. He's the one to move up in weight class. Tatum looks like he can handle power forward and small forward. Baynes needs to shoot threes while set, to study Amir Johnson. It's either a good shot with plenty of time or don't do it.

Marcus Smart is shooting less when he doesn't feel it. He is maturing getting lots of assists with no turnovers. He is built like a tank but vulnerable to injury due to style. Rozier looks perfect for a modern NBA guard. The C's have Hayward and Horford facilitating well. Tatum looks better then Brown at passing. This is a good team. Tatum could get back to a transcendent trajectory. Brown sometimes shows he mght become transcendent. He is clearly better than Jeff Green styled letdowns.

Bradley became a great player. Brad and the staff coach them into greatness. Ojeleye will never be Kawhi Leonard, but oh my, those who didn't give up on him are aging well for basketball analysts.
avatar
Phil Pressey

Posts : 2064
Join date : 2017-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Butler traded to Sixers

Post by fierce on Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:23 pm

Phil Pressey wrote:
fierce wrote:Phil

I was just talking about the Atlantic.
My point is the Celts are not even in the top 2 of the Atlantic.
Before we talk about Milwaukee and the east, let's deal with Toronto and Philly first.

Hayward's only chance of playing well is if Jaylen Brown is not there anymore.
Celts need to choose between Brown and Hayward.
There's just no way around that.
Okay, I'll let the omission of Milwaukee slide.

But I thought this was the era of switchability which might not be a real word?

Hayward looks as fast as older Paul Pierce. He's the one to move up in weight class. Tatum looks like he can handle power forward and small forward. Baynes needs to shoot threes while set, to study Amir Johnson. It's either a good shot with plenty of time or don't do it.

Marcus Smart is shooting less when he doesn't feel it. He is maturing getting lots of assists with no turnovers. He is built like a tank but vulnerable to injury due to style. Rozier looks perfect for a modern NBA guard. The C's have Hayward and Horford facilitating well. Tatum looks better then Brown at passing. This is a good team. Tatum could get back to a transcendent trajectory. Brown sometimes shows he mght become transcendent. He is clearly better than Jeff Green styled letdowns.

Bradley became a great player. Brad and the staff coach them into greatness. Ojeleye will never be Kawhi Leonard, but oh my, those who didn't give up on him are aging well for basketball analysts.

No doubt this is a good team, Phil.

But before the season started, this team was supposed to be great.
There's a big difference between good and great.

Right now you are correct in saying this is a good team.
But a good team will only exit the playoffs in the 1st or 2nd round.
I thought the goal was to be playing GSW in June?

Celts are just 24th in scoring right now.
In today's NBA, if you can't score with the best of them then you're not going far in the playoffs.

New rule changes heavily favor the player on offense in today's NBA.

Just look at the points per game of every team.
This could be the first season in NBA history where all 30 teams average 100 points per game or more.
avatar
fierce

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2017-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Butler traded to Sixers

Post by mrkleen09 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:36 pm

They better hope none of those guys gets hurt (Embid is due any minute now) as they have ZERO depth off the bench. Three good players does not hold up well over 82 games.

avatar
mrkleen09

Posts : 3276
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: Butler traded to Sixers

Post by fierce on Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:39 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:They better hope none of those guys gets hurt (Embid is due any minute now) as they have ZERO depth off the bench.  Three good players does not hold up well over 82 games.


Sixers still have Redick, McConell, and Wilson Chandler off the bench.
All 3 are very good players.
avatar
fierce

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2017-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Butler traded to Sixers

Post by kdp59 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:35 am

seasons over for some already...oh wait....we have 70 games to play in the season yet!!

who knew?
avatar
kdp59

Posts : 3808
Join date : 2014-01-05
Age : 59

Back to top Go down

Re: Butler traded to Sixers

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum