Green available......?????

4 posters

Go down

Green available......????? Empty Green available......?????

Post by beat Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:43 am

Marcus just sent me this

“According to sources, Draymond Green has become available and the Celtics, Lakers are main suitors. Celtics have offered their own 2019 first round pick, Terry Rozier, and Guershon Yabusele.”

Not sure that would be enough...

Nor am I sure I’d want him.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Green available......????? Empty Re: Green available......?????

Post by dboss Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:01 am

I do not see why the Celtics would look to add this type of player on the team.    If we were in need of a defensive minded player I could see that but his 6.9 PPG scoring average does not help a team like the Celtics that are still trying to compete on the offensive side of the ball.  He is a top defender rebounder and facilitator.  We already have several guys to facilitate for us.

He averages 30 MPG.  Where do you play him? Who losses their rotation minutes? How do you integrate him when you have yet to integrate Gordon Hayward.  Where will you get scoring off the bench from your PG position?

Loud mouth guys like him will not be embraced by Celtics fans.

The more i think about it the worse it sounds.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:19 am

Marcus seems to have a lot of info on stuff like this. Cannot find anything published yet but it will likely show up soon.

If the Celtics make this deal we will have 3 rather edgy players Marcus, Green and Marcus

We can call them MGM
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:26 am

dboss wrote:Marcus seems to have a lot of info on stuff like this.  Cannot find anything published yet but it will likely show up soon.

If the Celtics make this deal we will have 3 rather edgy players Marcus, Green and Marcus

We can call them MGM

He has s boatload of contacts on his tweeter feed and lord knows what else.

During the C’s game last night we were texting and he sent me this late in the game.

MOST MADE FIELD GOALS BY A CELTIC
     (Last 20 years)

Walker (2000)   17
Walker (2003)   17
Pierce (2006)     17
Irving (tonight)  17*

* 3:40 to go in OT

Of course a few moments later Irving made it 18.

Next week he and his SU women’s team head to Cancun Mexico.  They play 3 good teams and should they go 3-0 should be in the top 10.  Only blemish now is a 2 point loss to #3 Oregon in Oregon where the pac10 refs were to put it bluntly..... sucked.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:42 am

The numbers don't work.  Rozier and Yabby are on rookie contracts while Draymond makes $17.4M.

Makes the pecking order in GSW pretty clear, doesn't it?  There's Steph Curry, then there is Kevin Durant and then either Klay Thompson or Green.  Green is not as valuable as he thinks he is.

He is, however, very valuable.  He is a 6'7" Marcus Smart.  He's another player you cannot judge by his stats.  Would I want him?  Hmm.  Probably not, unless Danny is convinced he's going to lose Marcus Morris next year.  Green can play PF and he can guard Kawhi too.  In fact, he can guard at least 4 positions.  He can't guard speed demons like John Wall, but he can defend slower-but-crafty point guards.

On the other hand, he is under contract until summer 2020.  That's plenty of time for Danny to package him.  He has enormous trade value, in my opinion, this dustup with KD notwithstanding.  If Marcus Smart thinks he hates losing wait until he gets a load of Draymond Green.  He is the 2nd best defender in the league after Kawhi and the drop off between one and two isn't that much.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:13 pm

Not a fan of his, he’s obviously a dirty player, but no question he would help us.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:16 pm

I completely forgot about the numbers not working.

End of story unless Smart is the one to be traded. Doubt that. Smart + Morris works on paper. But sfter the 19-20 season do you or anyone maxout Green. I think not.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down