lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by sinus007 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:20 pm

Hi,
I don't think there'll be much movement before the trade dead-line - Danny needs all pieces he can spare to go after AD this summer.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Posts : 2187
Join date : 2009-10-22

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by bobheckler on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:44 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
I don't think there'll be much movement before the trade dead-line - Danny needs all pieces he can spare to go after AD this summer.

AK

Sinus,

Hypothetically speaking, suppose GM A wants a player on GM B's team but doesn't have enough players GM B wants, but he knows which players he does want.  Would it not make some sense for GM A to trade some of his players to GM C in order to obtain the player GM B would want included in a trade?


bob


.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Posts : 42358
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by sinus007 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:16 pm

bobheckler wrote:
sinus007 wrote:Hi,
I don't think there'll be much movement before the trade dead-line - Danny needs all pieces he can spare to go after AD this summer.

AK

Sinus,

Hypothetically speaking, suppose GM A wants a player on GM B's team but doesn't have enough players GM B wants, but he knows which players he does want.  Would it not make some sense for GM A to trade some of his players to GM C in order to obtain the player GM B would want included in a trade?


bob


.

Bobh,
True. But there's a huge IF - if GM A knows. Also, if GM C does have what GM A wants.
In other words, your supposition is too complicated. I'd rather go with KISS.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Posts : 2187
Join date : 2009-10-22

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by kdp59 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:50 pm

I think Davis ends up in LA with the King next summer.

he just signed on with klutch sports agency, which is LeBrons long time bud.

I think that seals it.
kdp59
kdp59

Posts : 4547
Join date : 2014-01-05
Age : 59

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:58 pm

You are probably right, bright lights, big city. I predict he will regret it if he does.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Posts : 21598
Join date : 2009-10-17
Age : 72

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by bobheckler on Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:10 pm

Who would have thought, at this point in the season, that Morris would probably be commanding a better payday this summer than Terry Rozier?


bob


.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Posts : 42358
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by worcester on Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:22 am

Mr. Kleen and Rosalie win the 2019 Prescience Award for not giving up too soon on Gordon Hayward!
worcester
worcester

Posts : 6917
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 72

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by kdp59 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:41 am

worcester wrote:Mr. Kleen and Rosalie win the 2019 Prescience Award for not giving up too soon on Gordon Hayward!

great game by Hayward last night and good for him to start looking like his old self. However that not negate the fact that any minutes he plays are basically taken away from Tatum and Brown. IN the end I feel those two are more important to the eventual success for the Celtic franchise.

also if he keeps [playing like his old self, maybe then Danny can get some trade interest!!!


Cool
kdp59
kdp59

Posts : 4547
Join date : 2014-01-05
Age : 59

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by mrkleen09 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:16 pm

kdp59 wrote:

great game by Hayward last night and good for him to start looking like his old self. However that not negate the fact that any minutes he plays are basically taken away from Tatum and Brown. IN the end I feel those two are more important to the eventual success for the Celtic franchise.

also if he keeps [playing like his old self, maybe then Danny can get some trade interest!!!


Cool

Now we are complaining about guys on good nights too?

Disagree 100%. You can NEVER have enough good players. There is no reason why you cannot play Jaylen, Gordon and Tatum at the same time on occasion and given Coach Stevens "hot hand" structure, if one gets hot they get more minutes that night, if not - next man up.

Next season, when Mook is likely gone - I think Gordon steps into the 4 most of the time, and that leaves room for both Jaylen and Jayson.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Posts : 3673
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by bobheckler on Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:23 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
kdp59 wrote:

great game by Hayward last night and good for him to start looking like his old self. However that not negate the fact that any minutes he plays are basically taken away from Tatum and Brown. IN the end I feel those two are more important to the eventual success for the Celtic franchise.

also if he keeps [playing like his old self, maybe then Danny can get some trade interest!!!


Cool

Now we are complaining about guys on good nights too?

Disagree 100%.  You can NEVER have enough good players.  There is no reason why you cannot play Jaylen, Gordon and Tatum at the same time on occasion and given Coach Stevens "hot hand" structure, if one gets hot they get more minutes that night, if not - next man up.

Next season, when Mook is likely gone - I think Gordon steps into the 4 most of the time, and that leaves room for both Jaylen and Jayson.  


Mrkleen,

You think Hayward has the body to play 4? I never thought of him as being that strong nor durable.


bob


.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Posts : 42358
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by mrkleen09 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:27 pm

bobheckler wrote:


Mrkleen,

You think Hayward has the body to play 4?  I never thought of him as being that strong nor durable.


bob


.

In the modern positionless NBA, with ball movement and spacing the floor becoming more the norm, Yes 100%.

Can he do it every night, on every possession, or against players of force like LaMarcus Aldridge or Blake Griffin - maybe not. But against most yes.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Posts : 3673
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by dboss on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:07 pm

I do not believe in positionless basketball. Brad Stevens has reduced 5 positions down to 3 but that is still a long way from positionless basketball.

That is one reason why everyone pretty much knows that the Celtics need a another big who can play center. It seems when Brad uses a small center in any 5 man combination the Celtics are at a disadvantage. That's because a center is in fact a center. Playing center does not make you a legit center. For example Yabusele is no center and neither is Theis. Sometimes in short stints you can go really small but those small lineups seem to backfire as well.

The Celtics talk about playing Tatum or Hayward at PF.

Unfortunately neither one of them are Power Forwards. They are not big enough or strong enough to play the PF spot over any extended period of time.

Can either one of them check a top end PF? Absolutely not.







dboss
dboss

Posts : 11223
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by dboss on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:33 pm

kdp59 wrote:I think Davis ends up in LA with the King next summer.

he just signed on with klutch sports agency, which is LeBrons long time bud.

I think that seals it.

NOLA is looking more and more like a lottery team.

They can probably get a top 10 draft pick and have enough money to sign a $20M per year guy. (after they renounce some free agents)

So lets say they are able to add a guy like Kris Middleton or Tobias Harris or Marcus Morris and they draft a good player would that convince him to stay?

You have to believe that NOLA will do everything possible to keep Davis. Let's say that is still not enough and Davis will not sign his extension. If they decide to pursue a trade they will ask him what teams would he be interested in going to. The Lakers will be on that list and so will the Celtics. NOLA can get more from Boston than they can from LAL. Plus they would prefer not to trade him to a Western Conference team.

So kpd59 I do not think any deal is sealed. Boston is a player if they choose to play and Danny has been dreaming about adding a player of this magnitude. It will take a ton of assets to pull off a deal for Anthony Davis. There will be some guys that you may not want to lose but that is the price you have to pay for the absolute best talent out there.

dboss
dboss

Posts : 11223
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by mrkleen09 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:47 pm

dboss wrote:I do not believe in positionless basketball.  Brad Stevens has reduced 5 positions down to 3 but that is still a long way from positionless basketball.

That is one reason why everyone pretty much knows that the Celtics need a another big who can play center.  It seems when Brad uses a small center in any 5 man combination the Celtics are at a disadvantage.  That's because a center is in fact a center.  Playing center does not make you a legit center.  For example Yabusele is no center and neither is Theis.  Sometimes in short stints you can go really small but those small lineups seem to backfire as well.  

The Celtics talk about playing Tatum or Hayward at PF.

Unfortunately neither one of them are Power Forwards.  They are not big enough or strong enough to play the PF spot over any extended period of time.  

Can either one of them check a top end PF?  Absolutely not.


To level set, the conversation - this was not about Gordon Hayward being able to check top PFs (which I clearly said above he cannot), it was about Hayward, Tatum and Brown being able to play on the same team - and often at the same time. I see no indication of this being a problem, particularly for spurts.

It makes no difference if you dont believe in positionless basketball - that is the way the league is going and something Brad Stevens has said on numerous occasions is his goal. He doesnt look at positions in the traditional sense. He said he sees 3 positions PG / Center / Wings.

I think Tatum can and will be the biggest of the 3 starting wings in the future. THAT was my point. The days of the lumbering PF are fading fast.

Not sure what "top end" PF means. But if you mean players like Lauri Markkanen, Tobias Harris, Aaron Gordon or Kyle Kuzma - Tatum or Hayward absolutely can cover them.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Posts : 3673
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by dboss on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:24 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
dboss wrote:I do not believe in positionless basketball.  Brad Stevens has reduced 5 positions down to 3 but that is still a long way from positionless basketball.

That is one reason why everyone pretty much knows that the Celtics need a another big who can play center.  It seems when Brad uses a small center in any 5 man combination the Celtics are at a disadvantage.  That's because a center is in fact a center.  Playing center does not make you a legit center.  For example Yabusele is no center and neither is Theis.  Sometimes in short stints you can go really small but those small lineups seem to backfire as well.  

The Celtics talk about playing Tatum or Hayward at PF.

Unfortunately neither one of them are Power Forwards.  They are not big enough or strong enough to play the PF spot over any extended period of time.  

Can either one of them check a top end PF?  Absolutely not.


To level set, the conversation - this was not about Gordon Hayward being able to check top PFs (which I clearly said above he cannot), it was about Hayward, Tatum and Brown being able to play on the same team - and often at the same time.  I see no indication of this being a problem, particularly for spurts.

It makes no difference if you dont believe in positionless basketball - that is the way the league is going and something Brad Stevens has said on numerous occasions is his goal.  He doesnt look at positions in the traditional sense.  He said he sees 3 positions PG / Center / Wings.  

I think Tatum can and will be the biggest of the 3 starting wings in the future.  THAT was my point.  The days of the lumbering PF are fading fast.

Not sure what "top end" PF means.  But if you mean players like Lauri Markkanen, Tobias Harris, Aaron Gordon or Kyle Kuzma - Tatum or Hayward absolutely can cover them.


Kleen I clearly acknowledge what Brad means when the term positionless basketball is used. He sees 3 positions but I do not recall him using the term Center.  He uses big to represent PF's and Centers.   I agree that Tatum, Brown and Hayward can all play together in spurts.  That is not an ideal configuration unless and until Tatum gets a hellava lot stronger.  He has the length and height but not the strength and body mass.

I did not mention any lumbering PF.  

But let me tell you who i was thinking about when I mentioned top end PF.

Anthony Davis, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Blake Griffin and LaMarcus Aldridge.  You could throw in guys like Serge Ibaka.  There are a lot of other PF that neither Tatum or Hayward are equipped to check.  We are taking about great length combined with fluidity and power.     Our Small forward cannot check those PF's.  Even Morris who is a PF cannot check those guys.

So the reason why I do not believe in positionless basketball is because it does not actually exist.  Otherwise why would Brad still see at least 3 positions?

The only difference that I see is that bigs (Centers and PF) play away from the paint.  They stretch the floor.  They face the basket and shoot more jump shots.  They handle the ball more.  These type of skills have always been associated with 1-3.  I think it is simply a change in how big men are being utilized.
dboss
dboss

Posts : 11223
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by mrkleen09 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:36 pm

dboss wrote:

So the reason why I do not believe in positionless basketball is because it does not actually exist.  Otherwise why would Brad still see at least 3 positions?

The only difference that I see is that bigs (Centers and PF) play away from the paint.  They stretch the floor.  They face the basket and shoot more jump shots.  They handle the ball more.  These type of skills have always been associated with 1-3.  I think it is simply a change in how big men are being utilized.  

This is one of those kind of circular debates I am going to try and not have in 2019. You claim positionless basketball doesn't exist, then clearly show you dont understand the concept.

I guess we are watching different sports, as from youth ranks to the NBA - basketball is undergoing a “positionless” revolution. The old labels of “point guard”, “small forward”, “center”, and “shooting guard” are outdated in a game where your big man shoots 3’s, players space the floor, and teams regularly have three or four players more than capable of bringing the ball up into half court early offense. Instead of the traditional positions (center, forward, and guard) there are player roles and a framework of concepts that govern spacing, ball movement, motion and sharing the ball.

If watching the modern NBA, the only notable change you see is in the way big men are utilized - I attest, we are not watching the same game.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Posts : 3673
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:21 pm

As he matures, I see Tatum being the 4, he has those huge shoulders that will still fill in and gain more muscle. That will be the position for him, with Gordon at the 3, although at times we will see him switch around to 2, 3, or 4. Tatum still has so much to learn that, with that body, he will be one big player out there.

I really think Davis has made up his mind, will turn down the $240 million NO could offer him and head to the west coast. My only question is: how long is LB going to keep this up? And, in my opinion, as I said before, Davis will regret not coming up to Boston to play with young, strong, excellent players
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Posts : 21598
Join date : 2009-10-17
Age : 72

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by cowens/oldschool on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:15 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:As he matures, I see Tatum being the 4, he has those huge shoulders that will still fill in and gain more muscle.  That will be the position for him, with Gordon at the 3, although at times we will see him switch around to 2, 3, or 4.  Tatum still has so much to learn that, with that body, he will be one big player out there.  

I really think Davis has made up his mind, will turn down the $240 million NO could offer him and head to the west coast.  My only question is:  how long is LB going to keep this up? And, in my opinion, as I said before, Davis will regret not coming up to Boston to play with young, strong, excellent players

LA also has a very good young core that was good enough for Lebron wanting to play with....
cowens/oldschool
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 16439
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by mrkleen09 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:40 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:As he matures, I see Tatum being the 4, he has those huge shoulders that will still fill in and gain more muscle.  That will be the position for him, with Gordon at the 3, although at times we will see him switch around to 2, 3, or 4.  Tatum still has so much to learn that, with that body, he will be one big player out there.  

I really think Davis has made up his mind, will turn down the $240 million NO could offer him and head to the west coast.  My only question is:  how long is LB going to keep this up? And, in my opinion, as I said before, Davis will regret not coming up to Boston to play with young, strong, excellent players

LA also has a very good young core that was good enough for Lebron wanting to play with....

Cow - you think Lebron went to LA because of their young core?
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Posts : 3673
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by dboss on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:55 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
dboss wrote:

So the reason why I do not believe in positionless basketball is because it does not actually exist.  Otherwise why would Brad still see at least 3 positions?

The only difference that I see is that bigs (Centers and PF) play away from the paint.  They stretch the floor.  They face the basket and shoot more jump shots.  They handle the ball more.  These type of skills have always been associated with 1-3.  I think it is simply a change in how big men are being utilized.  

This is one of those kind of circular debates I am going to try and not have in 2019.  You claim positionless basketball doesn't exist, then clearly show you dont understand the concept.  

I guess we are watching different sports, as from youth ranks to the NBA -  basketball is undergoing a “positionless” revolution. The old labels of “point guard”, “small forward”, “center”, and “shooting guard” are outdated in a game where your big man shoots 3’s, players space the floor, and teams regularly have three or four players more than capable of bringing the ball up into half court early offense.  Instead of the traditional positions (center, forward, and guard) there are player roles and a framework of concepts that govern spacing, ball movement, motion and sharing the ball.

If watching the modern NBA, the only notable change you see is in the way big men are utilized - I attest, we are not watching the same game.  


Kleen

We are watching the same game. We just happen to see things differently. But a closer look tells me we are in fact seeing the same things. The biggest single difference is one that we should agree on. Centers and Power Forwards stretch the floor with more regularity. PG's that distribute but also score a lot of points is not new. Forwards that handle the ball, create and score is not new. 40 years ago Don Nelson coined point forward to describe the way Paul Pressey played. You have heard of Bob McAdoo. He was a stretch 4 back in 72. He was a killer shooting the deep ball. Michael Jordan played PG for almost an entire season. He was a shooting guard. 1, 2 and 3 are doing the same things they have always been doing. Some that have multi positional flexibility can interchange what they do and who they play on defense but that is not a new concept.

The single most significant change to functionality of players and what they do is at the center position. Every other position is doing the same things they have always done. Larry Bird Was a point forward with his ball handling and passing skills. He was also a wing as well as a big.

I never looked at what they did as positionless basketball. I always looked at it as players with a multi-skill set.

Point Guards, shooting guards and small forwards are not outdated. PF and centers are not outdated. They are still doing the same things except centers are stretching the floor. Go pull any stat. I have yet to see any stats for positionless basketball. I can find stats for all 5 positions that show productivity in a lot of areas. A 6' 2" PG can never be a 7' center and 7' center cannot check most PG's on the perimeter. Why because they would be out of position.

Basketball is not under going a positionless revolution. Basketball has transitioned into a 3 point shooting contest and the only position that has changed in terms of functionality is the center position.



dboss
dboss

Posts : 11223
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by mrkleen09 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:24 pm

dboss wrote:
Kleen

We are watching the same game.  We just happen to see things differently.  But a closer look tells me we are in fact seeing the same things.  The biggest single difference is one that we should agree on.  Centers and Power Forwards stretch the floor with more regularity.  PG's that distribute but also score a lot of points is not new.  Forwards that handle the ball, create and score is not new.  40 years ago Don Nelson coined point forward to describe the way Paul Pressey played.  You have heard of Bob McAdoo.  He was a stretch 4  back in 72.  He was a killer shooting the deep ball.  Michael Jordan played PG for almost an entire season.  He was a shooting guard.   1, 2 and 3 are doing the same things they have always been doing.  Some that have multi positional flexibility can interchange what they do and who they play on defense but that is not a new concept.  

The single most significant change to functionality of players and what they do is at the center position.  Every other position is doing the same things they have always done.  Larry Bird Was a point forward with his ball handling and passing skills.  He was also a wing as well as a big.  

I never looked at what they did as positionless basketball.  I always looked at it as players with a multi-skill set.

Point Guards, shooting guards and small forwards are not outdated.  PF and centers are not outdated.  They are still doing the same things except centers are stretching the floor.  Go pull any stat.  I have yet to see any stats for positionless basketball.  I can find stats for all 5 positions that show productivity in a lot of areas.  A 6' 2" PG can never be a 7' center and 7' center cannot check most PG's on the perimeter.  Why because they would be out of position.

Basketball is not under going a positionless revolution. Basketball has transitioned into a 3 point shooting contest and the only position that has changed in terms of functionality is the center position.  


Picking out a few transcendent NBA players over the course of the last 40 years...does not prove anything.  In fact, the key word there is FEW.  This was not the norm before the last 15 or so years.  Now EVERY team is stacked with players who are interchangable.  

The fact that you dont see this change doesnt mean it isnt happening.  It is happening with or without your approval or acknowledgment.

Here are some quotes from Brad Stevens himself:

“We’re not playing in the day and age where we’re numbering all of the guys, what position they are. We’re gonna have all those guys out there at once, and hopefully be very versatile.”

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/24/brad-stevens-and-boston-celtics-focused-on-shift-towards-positionless-basketball/

The new era of the NBA requires versatility to win, and the Boston Celtics are adjusting.

"I don’t have the five positions anymore," Celtics coach Brad Stevens said, "It may be as simple as three positions now, where you’re either a ball-handler, a wing or a big.  "It's really important. We've become more versatile as the years have gone on."

The idea of positionless basketball has come to the forefront with the Golden State Warriors, who have dominated teams with their ability to play small ball. While Stephen Curry is considered the point guard, he can also easily play off the ball with his scoring ability just like Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, Andre Iguodala and Draymond Green do.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2720250-brad-stevens-says-celtics-have-3-not-5-positions-now

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2018/05/02/the-celtics-are-using-positionless-basketball-to-slow-the-process

What Day and Age do you think they are talking about?
What New Era of the NBA do you think he is talking about?
What does he mean by "...as the years have gone on"?

Again, if hearing it from the horses mouth isnt enough, nothing I can do to persuade you.


Last edited by mrkleen09 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Posts : 3673
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by cowens/oldschool on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:27 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:As he matures, I see Tatum being the 4, he has those huge shoulders that will still fill in and gain more muscle.  That will be the position for him, with Gordon at the 3, although at times we will see him switch around to 2, 3, or 4.  Tatum still has so much to learn that, with that body, he will be one big player out there.  

I really think Davis has made up his mind, will turn down the $240 million NO could offer him and head to the west coast.  My only question is:  how long is LB going to keep this up? And, in my opinion, as I said before, Davis will regret not coming up to Boston to play with young, strong, excellent players

LA also has a very good young core that was good enough for Lebron wanting to play with....

Cow - you think Lebron went to LA because of their young core?

He’s playing there isn’t he? I’m sure he went there for other media/film opportunities too, but he’s playing with better young talent than Cleveland. Speaking of bigs, I was pissed when they got Tyson Chandler, we could use a player like that....
cowens/oldschool
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 16439
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by cowens/oldschool on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:44 pm

Kleen dboss

Very valid points by both of you, I can find a lot in common in your posts, both in fact have many valid points. The Warriors force you to alter traditional line ups to cover them and keep up with them and they have had enough defense to pull it off, we will see about this year, they also had Bogut and McGee. Don’t laugh McGee actually helped them. No matter whatever you want to call it, you still need to defend the paint and rebound at a good enough level to win, but the game has changed, but a lot of other teams have not been able to make that full transition either, nothing in life is easy....


Last edited by cowens/oldschool on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
cowens/oldschool
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 16439
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by mrkleen09 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:44 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:

He’s playing there isn’t he? I’m sure he went there for other media/film opportunities too, but he’s playing with better young talent than Cleveland. Speaking of bigs, I was pissed when they got Tyson Chandler, we could use a player like that....

Better young talent than Cleveland is a pretty low bar.

Young talent in LA isnt bad, probably top 10 in the NBA - may even be Top 5. But if THAT was the basis for him moving, then he picked the wrong team. There are lots of teams with better young talent than LA.

He picked LA because he is planning his career after basketball - and because they have cap space to bring in a big name or two. He has no interest in building a long term talent base in LA. He would demand it all be burned down in a heartbeat to get AD. Lets at least be honest about his MO.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Posts : 3673
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by tardust on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:47 pm

One good thing is everytime Lebron leaves a team he leaves it in shambles. I guess we got that to look forward to.
tardust
tardust

Posts : 1386
Join date : 2012-05-03

Back to top Go down

lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night - Page 2 Empty Re: lots of talk about a Celtic trade coming soon on NBA TV last night

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum