Where is Tommy?

Go down

Where is Tommy?

Post by Ktronic1 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:59 pm

Haven’t seen him on set or doing home games. Anyone know?
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Tommy?

Post by bobc33 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:15 pm

Tonight they mentioned he would join the broadcast Friday night via a phone call. I’m not certain but thought they said his back was bothering him.
bobc33

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:30 pm

bobc33 wrote:Tonight they mentioned he would join the broadcast Friday night via a phone call. I’m not certain but thought they said his back was bothering him.
Thanks. Just going through withdrawals. :>)
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:39 am

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/01/boston-celtics-broadcasting-legend-tommy-heinsohn-discusses-his-health-scare.html

Boston Celtics broadcasting legend Tommy Heinsohn discusses his health scare

Updated 6:30 AM; Posted 6:30 AM

By John Karalis | JKaralis@masslive.com JKaralis@masslive.com

Tommy Heinsohn is a color commentator for Celtics broadcasts, but his particularly green tint over the years has turned him into one of the most beloved broadcasters in Boston sports history. This season has mostly been missing Heinsohn’s trademark explosive declarations of bogus calls from the officials. Heinsohn no longer does road games for NBC Sports Boston, but he’s missed most of this season’s home games as well, leading a lot of fans to fans around Boston to wonder why.

Today, Heinsohn provided an update to NBCSN, telling them seems to be a case of sleep apnea.

“They’ve ruled out all [big concerns]” Heinsohn told them. "My heart is real strong, the lungs are clear, nothing wrong with my stomach, and we’re down to, perhaps, sleep apnea. I gotta go through the tests. They’ve put a mask on me here at the rehab.”

The best news for Celtics fans is that Heinsohn is feeling well enough to call into the Friday night broadcast of the Celtics game against the Dallas Mavericks. There’s no timetable set for his return alongside his longtime broadcast partner Mike Gorman, but he’s on the mend, and he hopes to be back on TV soon.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down