Celtics, How Good are they Really?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Celtics, How Good are they Really?

Post by tardust on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:07 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:I’d give Williams 12-15 minutes every game, 20 or more against teams with an Embid/Davis type.

I agree as long as he is working hard and learning. Just his presence around the rim on both ends improves our team. So easy to throw the ball up and let him go get it for a dunk. I am sure he already has a reputation of someone that will throw it back in your face. The speed he adds to our team is a asset as well. This is the type of center teams are using now, we have a good one and need speed up his development. (just like Brown, Tatum, and Rozier) Only so many can play so I don't know how we can't make some kind of move.
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:10 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:I’d give Williams 12-15 minutes every game, 20 or more against teams with an Embid/Davis type.

It's tough to get adequate minutes for players. Horford, Theis, Baines, Williams, all deserve minutes but are basically all competing over the same 48. Stevens hasn't used Horford or Theis much at PF this year where there's also a logjam of minutes. I'd like them to take some physical pressure off of Horford and Theis.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:42 pm

After another disappointing loss the question remains unanswered.

The Celtics continue to search for some measure of consistency.

Next game at Brooklyn is another trap game.
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:55 am

I love the way we played against the Mavs and Pacers, then this. Right now this team has a lot of issues on the road, Hayward just when you think he’s turning the corner reverts back to ineffective GH, Rozier has so many terrible games, Tatum been more off then on lately...just never know who’s going to show up and which team is gonna show up.
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:02 am

KyleCleric wrote:

It's tough to get adequate minutes for players. Horford, Theis, Baines, Williams, all deserve minutes but are basically all competing over the same 48. Stevens hasn't used Horford or Theis much at PF this year where there's also a logjam of minutes. I'd like them to take some physical pressure off of Horford and Theis.

I agree would like to see more minutes at PF for Al and Theis, that’s why I don’t see Morris coming back, less offense and more rebounding and defense is a better direction IMHO.
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:51 am

Last night the Celtics were who we hoped they would be.  A team that played together all night and a team with an elite player that can win a game against the best that the NBA has to offer.

Can they build on last night's win?   Let's hope so.  However even if they play up to their potential it will be very difficult to close the gap in the East.  They are a better team than Philly and Indiana but I do not expect to see the Bucks or the Raptors take a swan dive.

Right now Boston is fighting for home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs.  That means they have to finish 3rd or 4th.

If they plan to go deep into the playoffs they will have to do it on the road at some point unless the Bucks or Raptors get knocked off early.  I think they can catch both Philly and Indiana but that will only happen if Boston keeps winning and those teams falter
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:02 pm

Well put dboss. I've said in another thread this team has more than enough talent (Terry Rozier's thread) to go 16-0 in the playoffs for at least 2 seasons. If they play like last night, they will. No question.

db
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:13 pm

DB

One big factor in all of this is how so many teams have improved relative to Boston.  No one is sitting still and most teams are now trying to play the same style as GSW.  Celts could separate themselves from the hoard at the defensive end of the floor.

I have a high level of confidence 1-3 but I remain somewhat skeptical on our frontcourt.  

The season is flying by.
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2