jrleftfoot
gyso
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

RJ Hunter Re-Signs With The Celtics Empty RJ Hunter Re-Signs With The Celtics

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:37 pm

ON A TWO-WAY CONTRACT.

https://985thesportshub.com/2019/01/09/rj-hunter-is-back-with-the-boston-celtics/

RJ Hunter Re-Signs With The Celtics GettyImages-498637658

RJ Hunter is back with the Boston Celtics

It's been 26 months and a bunch of different organizations -- both NBA and G-League, shout out to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers -- since sharpshooter RJ Hunter last donned a Celtics jersey.

But the 25-year-old is officially back in the Boston fold thanks to a two-way contract signed early Wednesday afternoon.

First confirmed by his agency, Hunter also took to his personal Instagram to confirm the news.

hunter_games31
Back to the bean
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

RJ Hunter Re-Signs With The Celtics Empty Re: RJ Hunter Re-Signs With The Celtics

Post by gyso Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:18 pm

BobC, you can dust off your old avatar!

Back to top Go down

RJ Hunter Re-Signs With The Celtics Empty Re: RJ Hunter Re-Signs With The Celtics

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:37 pm

Just curious. We had another 2 way guy besides Dozier. Where did he go?
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:38 pm

gyso wrote:BobC, you can dust off your old avatar!

Old avatar will make an appearance! Just not sure when.

I like RJ, but he was oversold as a great outside shooter. When he was first with us I was impressed with many facets of his game and his court awareness. Buying the “he’s a great shooter” I figured his poor shooting was temporary and when it improved his overall game would be good enough to stick. But his poor shooting continued, and when I went back to his college stats he was not a good shooterthere either. Just saw his current G-League stats and he still is not shooting well.

Regardless, I will be rooting for him! Unfortunately I’m sure Draper already called him “my guy.”

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:05 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:Just curious. We had another 2 way guy besides Dozier. Where did he go?

JR,

I think Dozier is still with us, it's the other 2-way I don't know about. Walter Lemon Jr. He seems to be gone.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:00 am

bobheckler wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:Just curious. We had another 2 way guy besides Dozier. Where did he go?

JR,

I think Dozier is still with us, it's the other 2-way I don't know about.  Walter Lemon Jr.  He seems to be gone.

bob

I think they released Lemon at the end of November. I thought I’d seen earlier this week that there was a 1/15 deadline for the spot so good to see them make a move. I’m glad to have Hunter back. Looks like he’s gotten to be a more efficient player, at least in the G-League.

Last edited by KyleCleric on Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:20 am

I missed the Lemon release . Thanks. Couldn't remember his name
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:17 am

Hunter may fill a role in practices, but unless there a ton of injuries I doubt he plays much at all.

I guess that he fills Lemon's spot with at least a live body.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:51 am

jrleftfoot wrote:I missed the Lemon release . Thanks.  Couldn't remember his name

Meadowlark.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:27 am

NYCelt wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:I missed the Lemon release . Thanks.  Couldn't remember his name

Meadowlark.
               lol, what happened to the confetti?
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down