Anthony Davis denies that he asked to be traded to the Lakers

2 posters

Go down

Anthony Davis denies that he asked to be traded to the Lakers Empty Anthony Davis denies that he asked to be traded to the Lakers

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:24 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/anthony-davis-denies-asked-traded-212624520.html

Anthony Davis denies that he asked to be traded to the Lakers

NBC Sports Boston Report,NBC Sports Boston
19 hours ago

The Anthony Davis sweepstakes have been at the center of all NBA discussion since Davis requested to be traded earlier this week.

The Celtics are prepared to pursue Davis heavily, but cannot do so until the offseason. As it stands, the Lakers are the biggest threat to deal for Davis before Boston has a chance to get its offer on the table.

Lately, the rumors have pointed towards Davis landing in Los Angeles, whether it be via trade or free agency in 2020. In Davis's first public appearance since his request, he denied any rumors that he specifically asked to be traded to the Lakers.

"So, I'm not sure where that's coming from. Maybe a connection with my representation", said Davis, whose agent, Rich Paul, also represents LeBron James.

Davis went on to reiterate that he's doing what's best for his legacy and for him, and he made his request as early as he could out of respect for the organization.

"I gave the city, organization, fans everything I feel like I could. I don't know how long I'm gonna play this game. People's careers are short. And I feel like it's my time to move on... I feel like I'm in my prime right now, I'm playing at an elite level. And I want to make sure I take advantage of that."

For now, the rumors that Davis won't sign with anyone outside of Los Angeles are just that -- rumors.

If Davis remains on the Pelicans after the trade deadline, the Celtics seem to have as good a chance as anybody to land the superstar big man. They have some issues to sort out beforehand, like Kyrie Irving's future with the franchise.

For now, though, it seems like Davis is open to playing for a winner anywhere outside of New Orleans, whether it's in Boston or Los Angeles.

bob
MY NOTE:  Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.  There are agents and GMs playing games, for their own purposes and self-interests.  Remember how Danny bamboozled Colangelo into thinking he was going to take Fultz #1 when he never planned on doing anything of the sort?  The NBA at the trade deadline is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.  Ok, so maybe it isn't Russia and I'm not Churchill, but don't get spooked by the smoke-making machinery.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Anthony Davis denies that he asked to be traded to the Lakers Empty Re: Anthony Davis denies that he asked to be traded to the Lakers

Post by atcross Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:20 pm

It's ironic that reports are that LA is offering a menu of available players to NO that includes Rondo. IF Davis actually did want to go to LA there are four good reasons: A potential contender, James, the big stage, and Rondo. Davis had a taste of what a playoff team was with Rondo at point. He was clearly disappointed that NO did not resign him. Bigs love playing with Rondo. If Rondo were traded back to NO for him it would be a real kick in the head.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Anthony Davis denies that he asked to be traded to the Lakers Empty Re: Anthony Davis denies that he asked to be traded to the Lakers

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:43 pm

Shams Charania: Anthony Davis’ representatives have informed the Pelicans that he would sign long-term with the Lakers, Knicks, Bucks and Clippers if he is traded, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA. 5 mins ago – via Twitter ShamsCharania

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down