Next Up - Celtics @ Cavaliers, Tuesday February 5th at 7:00 PM

+2
RosalieTCeltics
dboss
6 posters

Go down

Next Up - Celtics @ Cavaliers, Tuesday February 5th at 7:00 PM Empty Next Up - Celtics @ Cavaliers, Tuesday February 5th at 7:00 PM

Post by dboss Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:33 pm

The Celtics play on the road tonight against the Cavs.

Did you know that 25 players have played for the Cavs this year? I see that they have traded Rodney Hood. Cleveland is the worst team in the NBA in terms of point differential.

I do not particularly like games against bad teams. They make me nervous. They are trap games.

Boston is tied with the Sixers for 3rd place. Going from 5th to 3rd is a real nice jump. Boston's next target is The Raptors who are 3 games ahead in the loss column. 2nd place is not entirely out of the question . We play them on the 26th.

The Celtics need to continue to feast on the weak and vulnerable as each game has a higher degree of urgency.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Next Up - Celtics @ Cavaliers, Tuesday February 5th at 7:00 PM Empty Re: Next Up - Celtics @ Cavaliers, Tuesday February 5th at 7:00 PM

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:12 pm

No Kyrie, No Baynes, No Morris

This could be a trap game for sure. Time for Jaylen and Jason to score and play good games, Rozier will get his shot of being PG.

Nothing was said about Williams, would be nice if he was on the bench and could get some minutes''

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Next Up - Celtics @ Cavaliers, Tuesday February 5th at 7:00 PM Empty Re: Next Up - Celtics @ Cavaliers, Tuesday February 5th at 7:00 PM

Post by tjmakz Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:16 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:No Kyrie, No Baynes, No Morris

This could be a trap game for sure.  Time for Jaylen and Jason to score and play good games, Rozier will get his shot of being PG.  

Nothing was said about Williams, would be nice if he was on the bench and could get some minutes''

Rosalie

I am going to the Maine/Lakeland Magic game tonight.
Maine has listed Williams as out due to back issues.
It would have been nice to see him up close as we have front row seats.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:32 pm

tjmakz wrote:

This could be a trap game for sure.  Time for Jaylen and Jason to score and play good games, Rozier will get his shot of being PG.  

Rosalie

I am going to the Maine/Lakeland Magic game tonight.
Maine has listed Williams as out due to back issues.
It would have been nice to see him up close as we have front row seats.

TJ,

Keep an eye out for #50 with the Maine Red Claws. That's PJ Dozier. I'm interested in how he looks.

Thanks,

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:49 pm

I think he looks pretty good in the games that I have seen on tv. Alot of times on a Saturday late afternoon, Comcast puts Red Claws games on. He is very active, shooting, rebounding, He scored 30 one night when I watched him. He was playing against that big kid who was on Philly? Allen was his last name, I cannot remember his first name. He was a big guy.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:56 pm

Rosalie

I guess if there is a game to miss this would be a good one.

Jaylen, Gordon and Terry should all play extended minutes and that is a good thing. The more they get a chance to play together the better they should be.

Theis had a great game Sunday i thought.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:15 pm

I started to say something about Theis the other day and then the game ended and I never finished. He has gotten some DNP's recently that just baffle me. How can this guy continue to improve if he is not getting minutes I really like him alot, he is a unique player. Wonder what will happen in July, he is a free agent, right?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:23 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I started to say something about Theis the other day and then the game ended and I never finished. He has gotten some DNP's recently that just baffle me. How can this guy continue to improve if he is not getting minutes  I really like him alot, he is a unique player. Wonder what will happen in July, he is a free agent, right?

He has not played much lately but came in the game on Sunday and was really good.

The Celtics should be able to resign him using their Tax Payer MLE.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:50 pm

Does look like a trap, but Brad does this all the time against the really lesser teams. It helps the Cavs fill the seats. I think we will be just fine. Rozier will be hungry again. JB will go bananas. We're cool. Getting ready for Lebron Lakers Thursday.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:18 pm

We got 10 blocks against the Cavs. Ten. That is amazing and boosts our equally amazing 6+ blocks per game. Glad Gordon delivered...3rd good game in th he last 4.

Jayson and Smart very efficient scoring tonight. Glad Jaylen got 4 offensive rebounds. Impressed by Theis's six points on 3-3 shooting and his two blocks. How could AD want to go to
LA which would be s shell of a team when the Celts are as hell of a team? Actually I would prefer to keep our team pretty much intact and sign Vucevic as a free agent July 1.
That way we keep Jayson, etc. Just have to get Vuc to accept a back end loaded contract (Heckler's idea).
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down