Gasol Traded to Raptors Empty Gasol Traded to Raptors

Post by dboss Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:20 pm

and the beat goes on.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Gasol Traded to Raptors Empty Re: Gasol Traded to Raptors

Post by international Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:38 pm

Is not only Gasol ,but 2 open roster spots because the Raptors gave 3 players a nd got only 1.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:41 pm

Smart move for Toronto.

You want depth as you make the turn toward the playoffs, and quality bigs are at a premium.

Gasol's got enough left in the tank to help the Raptors out in an attempt to catch Milwaukee.

They traded Valanciunas, Wright and Miles to get him, so they may sign another player or two.

Last edited by NYCelt on Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NESportsfan12 Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:45 pm

NYCelt wrote:Smart move for Toronto.

You want depth as you make the turn toward the playoffs, and bigs are at a premium.

Gasol's got enough left in the tank to help the Raptors out in an attempt to catch Milwaukee.

I'm not sure, man.

Jonas is really good, and in his prime. True, he's out for a while longer, and it might be tough for TOR to hit their stride with him coming back. But it seems like they pretty seriously overpaid for a 34 year old Gasol. (Even if I think this is the better of the Gasol's.)
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:45 pm

NYCelt wrote:Smart move for Toronto.

You want depth as you make the turn toward the playoffs, and bigs are at a premium.

NYCelt,

One of the players the Raptors is sending south is Valaniunas. They swapped centers, essentially.

Other players included in the deal are CJ Miles and Delon Wright and a 2nd round pick so far off you can't see it without a telescope.

Adrian Wojnarowski
✔️
@wojespn
Toronto is planning to send Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, CJ Milles and a 2024 second-round pick to the the Grizzlies for Gasol, league sources tell ESPN.

10:56 AM - Feb 7, 2019

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:48 pm

I don't think Valanciunas can give you what Gasol can. Not when you're talking about the need for some experienced veteran play in the stretch run and into the playoffs. I think they may have also had concerns about Valanciunas' thumb being a longer term issue. You need your paws to board. Looks like a win now statement to me.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down