dbrown4
worcester
NYCelt
dboss
cowens/oldschool
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

POST GAME TORONTO - AWAY - BOS 95, TOR 118 Final - Page 2 Empty Re: POST GAME TORONTO - AWAY - BOS 95, TOR 118 Final

Post by tardust Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:25 pm

I went back and watched the second quarter when things got away from us. I looked at some plays several times.
Rozier was absolutely terrible his stretch in the second quarter. His defense was bad and his offense was offensive.
Kyrie wasn't much better. I can live with missing shots but there were times he barely made it back to half court before they scored. He was shot over for points and they drove around him like he was a statue. Morris stood under the goal on several of their layups withing 2 feet of the Raptor and didn't make any effort at all to stop the shot. Brown while being aggressive picked up 3 quick fouls and his defense wasn't what it usually is.

When all of the starters got back in with about 7 minutes to go we had gone from 4 up to about 18 down and it got worse from there. Smart didn't do much but he hustles. His behind the back pass gave Leonard a layup with Williams the only one that got back past half court. Tatum got called for a charge and the end of the half. I think he put up 1 shot the second quarter, possibly two. He caught some flack because Siakum beat him down court one time when in reality there were 3 Celtics right next to him and Tatum was the only one that attempted to block the shot. Smart and Hayward pretty much gave up on the play. Siakum outplayed every Celtic on the court last night.
Kyrie doesn't do much if his shot is off, and it was. I think the league is getting too fast for Big Al. He still gets some numbers and at times plays well but lack of speed kills our starting unit.

At times I could see every player not giving effort during this game. If we don't get this fixed it will be 5 games and out in the first round. Sad that we need Baynes as our savior.

tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2