RosalieTCeltics
sinus007
Matty
7 posters

Go down

Stephen "ahole" Smith Empty Stephen "ahole" Smith

Post by Matty Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:40 pm

Just saw this article based on Smith's comments about Boston

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-gordon-hayward-celtics-players-182429210.html

I could not post the article but basically Hayward is supposedly the preferred player in Boson because of his skin color according to Smith.

While I am sure that as with any sports team (except for the hawks-i think I know the only two hawks fans and will personally vouch they have not a racist bone in their bodies) there are a few racists (likely representing multiple races) who would prefer the entire team to look a particular way.

As far as that goes, I'll admit it myself, I'd prefer our team looked like Victoria Secret models so long as it didt hurt our chances to win a title and I dare say that of any pro sports fans out there Celtics fans care more about winning titles than just about anything else.

People like Smith are the reason race is an issue in this country.

P.s. this post is not intended to begin a political discussion, rather to point out an insult against our team and us as fans, I'm confident no one on this board, one made up of multiple races and a long standing comaradery fits the picture painted by this piece of trash.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Stephen "ahole" Smith Empty Re: Stephen "ahole" Smith

Post by sinus007 Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:17 pm

Hi,
He is a racist.
Or, perhaps, he found that very few fans listen to his idiotic comments or read his full of BS articles and, decided to attract attention by this crap. What a dirt-bag.
Sorry, have to go - need to wash my hands

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:35 pm

I posted on the other site about this. It really, really disturbs me. The one thing the Celtics are not is racist. Somebody should have the guts to fire that ass and stop his racist rants. He has demeaned the Boston Celtics by even insinuating this bs. God, when will it stop.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:07 pm

As I said on the other thread, Dan Feldman wrote it. It contained a quote attributed to Smith, but Feldman wrote it.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:44 pm

But let’s face it, Smith picks it up and runs with it, this is what he does that is so disgusting. I don’t know how he has lasted this long without someone punching him in the face.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:49 pm

Matty,

You're OK here on this one. The article by Feldman and garbage spewed by Smith have no place in sports, or society in general.

One of the things that's always made me most proud of the group we have here is that this type of nonsense is completely alien to us. As it damn well should be. Especially given some of the unease we see around us today, journalists should be trying to help to unite, not divide.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:22 pm

Surprised, this is definitely wrong, we signed Hayward because he had a history with BS and was the top or one of the top FA’s available that year. Seeing how good this team is, if he was at his previous all star level last year, we easily could have went to the Finals. So it was a good signing, otherwise on a lot of other topics I find SA entertaining and insightful, strange he would play the race card and go there....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:20 pm

Anyone who even remotely insinuates that the Celtics are racist simply has not done they’re homework. The teams track record since the Auerbach era should tell you enough. As a matter of fact this team is quite the opposite. Red was a pioneer and the team has held up the That tradition.
During the mid 80’s when the team had lot of white players it was on the heels of all of the busing issues so people outside of a Boston associated that with the C’s having a lot of white players. It was certainly a perception problem more than anything else. I’ve argued this many times. Yes, in the mid 80’s the team
Had an unusual amount of white players but these white players were good players they weren’t hardly window dressing. Red didn’t play that shit. Ken Hudson was a friend of mine and we used to always answer that kind of criticism with- “They played who they had and they won”!
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down