Terry Rozier burns 76ers after loss: 'I thought the confetti was going to drop tonight'

2 posters

Go down

Terry Rozier burns 76ers after loss: 'I thought the confetti was going to drop tonight' Empty Terry Rozier burns 76ers after loss: 'I thought the confetti was going to drop tonight'

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:09 am

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/celtics-terry-rozier-burns-76ers-after-loss-i-thought-confetti-was-going-drop-tonight?cid=Yahoo&partner=ya4nbcs

Celtics' Terry Rozier burns 76ers after loss: 'I thought the confetti was going to drop tonight'

By Justin Leger
March 20, 2019 10:43 PM

Terry Rozier continues to burn the 76ers.

The Celtics lost in Philadelphia on Wednesday night for the first time since Game 2 of last year's Eastern Conference Semifinals. That's the game in which the 76ers dropped confetti from the rafters in what ultimately would be their only victory of the series.

Rozier, who already has trolled the 76ers for the confetti celebration, did so again after Wednesday's game.

"I thought the confetti was going to drop tonight," Rozier quipped. "I did. It was a big win, not trying to take nothing away from them, but I thought the confetti was dropping tonight."

Rozier took shots at the Sixers before Wednesday night's matchup too. The Celtics guard dissed them while firing back at a trash-talking Philly fan, then called Joel Embiid "lame" during an interview.

Marcus Morris joined Rozier in trolling the 76ers following the 118-115 loss, saying Philadelphia "sounded like the Super Bowl" after earning one win in the season series.

gary washburn
✔️
@GwashburnGlobe
Marcus Morris: "What's season series?"

3-1 #Celtics

"It's about time. It's about time they got a win. I'm happy they can get a win and be as happy as possible. It's one game and we still won the season series." #76ers

7:34 PM - Mar 20, 2019

gary washburn
✔️
@GwashburnGlobe
Morris continued on the #76ers: "They got one. It sounded like the Super Bowl when they won. I'm happy they can get a win and be as happy as possible for one game but we still won the season series." #76ers #Celtics

7:37 PM - Mar 20, 2019

During the game, of course, Marcus Smart was ejected after shoving Embiid to the floor. Moral of the story? These two teams aren't all that fond of one another.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Terry Rozier burns 76ers after loss: 'I thought the confetti was going to drop tonight' Empty Re: Terry Rozier burns 76ers after loss: 'I thought the confetti was going to drop tonight'

Post by wideclyde Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:40 am

I guess I am not too impressed by with any such comments after a loss. Just shower up, get to the bus and then to the plane. Philly now may think that they can beat Boston in the playoffs after this win so there is no use further assisting their confidence.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down