Why ex-Celtic Kendrick Perkins has 'lost all respect' for Kyrie Irving

3 posters

Go down

Why ex-Celtic Kendrick Perkins has 'lost all respect' for Kyrie Irving Empty Why ex-Celtic Kendrick Perkins has 'lost all respect' for Kyrie Irving

Post by 112288 Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:25 am

Why ex-Celtic Kendrick Perkins has 'lost all respect' for Kyrie Irving

CSNNE By Darren Hartwell June 06, 2019 3:20 PM

Some Celtics fans are fretting over whether Kyrie Irving decides to stay in Boston this summer or sign elsewhere in free agency.

But Kendrick Perkins is over it.

The former Celtics big man-turned-NBA commentator joined FS1's Kristine Leahy for a recent interview and was asked to guess where Irving signs this offseason.

Here's his response:

"I really don't care who Kyrie signs with," Perkins said. "He really disappointed me the way he represented the Celtics this year, so I'd rather not even speak on it. I don't care who he signs with."

Perkins' story about KG's unselfishness is awesome

In case you were unclear how Perkins feels, he quote-tweeted the video with this:

This isn't a new slant for Perkins, who said early last month he thought Irving was being "disrespectful" to Boston. Perkins was particularly critical of the All-Star guard for his inconsistent play in the second round of the Milwaukee Bucks, which came after Irving insisted the C's would be fine in the playoffs "because I'm here."

Perkins probably isn't the only one who's grown tired of the rumors tying Irving to the Brooklyn Nets, New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers (among others) after he "promised" to re-sign with the Celtics prior to the 2018-19 season.

The C's still have until June 30 to convince Kyrie to stick around, though, and you can expect president of basketball operations Danny Ainge to at least make that attempt.

Back to top Go down

Why ex-Celtic Kendrick Perkins has 'lost all respect' for Kyrie Irving Empty Re: Why ex-Celtic Kendrick Perkins has 'lost all respect' for Kyrie Irving

Post by Ktronic1 Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:46 pm

112288 wrote:Why ex-Celtic Kendrick Perkins has 'lost all respect' for Kyrie Irving

CSNNE By Darren Hartwell June 06, 2019 3:20 PM

Some Celtics fans are fretting over whether Kyrie Irving decides to stay in Boston this summer or sign elsewhere in free agency.

But Kendrick Perkins is over it.

The former Celtics big man-turned-NBA commentator joined FS1's Kristine Leahy for a recent interview and was asked to guess where Irving signs this offseason.

Here's his response:

"I really don't care who Kyrie signs with," Perkins said. "He really disappointed me the way he represented the Celtics this year, so I'd rather not even speak on it. I don't care who he signs with."

Perkins' story about KG's unselfishness is awesome

In case you were unclear how Perkins feels, he quote-tweeted the video with this:

This isn't a new slant for Perkins, who said early last month he thought Irving was being "disrespectful" to Boston. Perkins was particularly critical of the All-Star guard for his inconsistent play in the second round of the Milwaukee Bucks, which came after Irving insisted the C's would be fine in the playoffs "because I'm here."

Perkins probably isn't the only one who's grown tired of the rumors tying Irving to the Brooklyn Nets, New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers (among others) after he "promised" to re-sign with the Celtics prior to the 2018-19 season.

The C's still have until June 30 to convince Kyrie to stick around, though, and you can expect president of basketball operations Danny Ainge to at least make that attempt.

I’m 100% with Perk. i have zero for Punk Irving. Goodbye u fake.
On another note, Maybe a so called “rental” is not a bad idea after all. Right Kawhi?
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Why ex-Celtic Kendrick Perkins has 'lost all respect' for Kyrie Irving Empty Re: Why ex-Celtic Kendrick Perkins has 'lost all respect' for Kyrie Irving

Post by wideclyde Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:18 am

Perkins is 100% right.  Time for Irving to play for some other team, and Mr Ainge can help himself and the Cs sooner by just saying that Irving will no longer be back in Boston if he exercises his opt out rights.

How bad was the decision not to trade Irving at the trade deadline? Clearly, the Cs could have lost to the Bucks without him.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down