Why was KD not on the Warriors bench rooting on his team?

+3
RosalieTCeltics
kdp59
tjmakz
7 posters

Go down

Why was KD not on the Warriors bench rooting on his team? Empty Why was KD not on the Warriors bench rooting on his team?

Post by worcester Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:33 am

Did I miss something? I didn't see KD anywhere in Toronto or Oakland these past few games. Was he there and the camera just did not go to him? I can't imagine any wounded Celtic not being there for his teammates except, oh yes, Kyire - who had to miss our ECF games last year with important sinus surgery? Was that it? KD and KI may wind up on the same team come July. Both great players but birds of a feather.

Kudos to the Raptors. I was amazed that they took 2 games in Oakland. Steph was awesome in Game 3. Not his usual self in Game 4.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Why was KD not on the Warriors bench rooting on his team? Empty Re: Why was KD not on the Warriors bench rooting on his team?

Post by tjmakz Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:36 am

worcester wrote:Did I miss something? I didn't see KD anywhere in Toronto or Oakland these past few games. Was he there and the camera just did not go to him? I can't imagine any wounded Celtic not being there for his teammates except, oh yes, Kyire - who had to miss our ECF games last year with important sinus surgery? Was that it? KD and KI may wind up on the same team come July. Both great players but birds of a feather.

Kudos to the Raptors. I was amazed that they took 2 games in Oakland. Steph was awesome in Game 3. Not his usual self in Game 4.

This question about Durant’s absence has been addressed and I believe he is staying inside because he doesn’t want to jump up during the excitement of the game and hurt his calf further. They have showed videos of Durant being very supportive of his teammates right through the tunnel leading to the floor.

Kyrie is a different story. His missing game 7 of the ECF last season was inexcusable.
He also didn’t show up for most of the Milwaukee series this year, but just in a figurative way.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Why was KD not on the Warriors bench rooting on his team? Empty Re: Why was KD not on the Warriors bench rooting on his team?

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:59 am

Kyrie who?

doesn't he play for the Nets now?

Twisted Evil
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:44 am

This Warrior's team reminded me so much of the Celtics this year. Talent galore, yet they would get down by 17 or more points during a game and fight to win a game. Of course, for the most part, the Celtics lost their games, Warriors lost their share.

This just comes from the "kyrie" theory, you only play for the playoffs. Flip a switch. Granted, the Warriors have had their share of injuries, losing Durant has been a killer, whether they want to admit it or not. Watching them last night was awful. No continuity in their game at all so, as I
felt from the beginning, Toronto will be World Champions this year. If not, then the Warriors will deserve it because they have a huge mountain to climb. To me, this series is over.

This is a good thing for the league I think. Now it will be interesting to see just what Durant does.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:18 am

At some point all of the Kyrie bashing becomes over played.

What are you going to do if he resigns with Boston? That remains a possibility if you rule out all the conspiracy theories.

There are like 27,000 Kyrie related threads running together here.

I could start a new one and make up some shit and everyone would be like that's why he has to go.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:21 am

Game 7 ECF was on a discernible schedule last year. Sinus surgery is elective and something one can postpone. His choice was reflective of his character and dedication to the team. He may remain a Celtic. If so, I hope he makes his team better. He failed to do so this year.

Last edited by worcester on Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:51 am

this is not just Kyrie bashing. Sure, I made the statement about him flipping the switch, but my post really was about how these two teams took winning for granted and did not play up to their ability.
If Irving comes back, it is a smart move on his part. He should want to right what was wrong with the team this year and work hard to do it. All of them should. But....then again....all of them will not be here if Davis comes. It makes me sick to think that Marcus Smart will not be a Celtic next year, he has worked so hard to improve his game and is truly playing with Celtic pride. I hate losing Brown too. This is just MY opinion, DA will do what he thinks is right. I just do not want to be in this position again in a year when Davis can opt out and go wherever he wants. Ending up with nothing is sickening
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:32 am

Rosalie I actually was not pointing any fingers at you.  It was a just a general statement about all the negative and multiple Kyrie threads.

I think Celtics fans are on edge because they really do not know what the future holds.  Glad we are not the one who have to make the decisions.

Fans are rightfully concerned that a trade for AD could blow up in our faces next year like an IED.  That's a big one.  Fans are conflicted that pairing Kyrie and AD is not good because of the cost.  Kyrie has done little to defuse the situation.  His wishy washy countenance seems to overide his talent.  Now we are trying to psychoanalyze what makes him tick.  We have a draft coming up in 12 days and that is always stressful because it is so unpredictable.  We have free agents in play and what has developed into a love/hate relationship with Terry Rozier.  We have the elephant sitting in the middle of the room named Gordon Hayward and all the uncertainty about how he will play next season.

I think all of these things along with other things has created a lot of angst.

In the end our over riding consideration must be centered in that singular love for the Celtics, come what may.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:41 am

Gordon's salary makes him immovable. I am rooting for him to reemerge as an all star next season.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:31 pm

This has to be a stressful time for Ainge. Other than the year that Matty wanted to fire doc!! This is the worst! Trading IT has not proven to be a disaster, with his last two years having been a nightmare for him. So, if Celtic fans found out that Kyrie could have been had and no trade was made, what would have happened. Danny would have been hanging by a string. Now, look what we have. Who can imagine these things happening. As far as Hayward is concerned, no doubt that contract him impossible to move. One play, Five minutes, and his entire life changed. I can imagine the thoughts that go through his head. Why? Why did I ever leave Utah? I wonder sometimes if things had gone okay for him, how he and Irving would have played together. Irving certainly did not go out of his way to ease his transition back onto the floor. That night that he flipped out on Hayward for throwing the pass to Tatum instead of him sticks in my head. Hayward handled himself just fine, Irving yelled at him and Hayward turned and walked away. Gotta wonder.

The 20th can't come soon enough, I think a Davis trade could go down that early, New Orleans just wants to move on from him and I can't say I blame them. I just don't want to sell the farm for a one year contract. Remember, we already had one guy who said he is staying and is now waving his finger at the Celtics and flaunting himself all over the place. Got to wonder.........
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:59 pm

I am wondering Rosalie. I am wondering.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:12 pm

dboss wrote:At some point all of the Kyrie bashing becomes over played.

What are you going to do if he resigns with Boston?  That remains a possibility if you rule out all the conspiracy theories.

I could start a new one and make up some shit and everyone would be like that's why he has to go.

Just think, after his conceited little ass is gone we wont have to concern ourselves with anymore overplayed Kyrie bashing. Bye boy!
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:44 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:This has to be a stressful time for Ainge. Other than the year that Matty wanted to fire doc!! This is the worst!  Trading IT has not proven to be a disaster, with his last two years having been a nightmare for him. So, if Celtic fans found out that Kyrie could have been had and no trade was made, what would have happened. Danny would have been hanging by a string.  Now, look what we have.  Who can imagine these things happening.  As far as Hayward is concerned, no doubt that contract him impossible to move.  One play, Five minutes, and his entire life changed. I can imagine the thoughts that go through his head. Why? Why did I ever leave Utah? I wonder sometimes if things had gone okay for him, how he and Irving would have played together. Irving certainly did not go out of his way to ease his transition back onto the floor. That night that he flipped out on Hayward for throwing the pass to Tatum instead of him sticks in my head. Hayward handled himself just fine, Irving yelled at him and Hayward turned and walked away. Gotta wonder.

The 20th can't come soon enough, I think a Davis trade could go down that early, New Orleans just wants to move on from him and I can't say I blame them. I just don't want to sell the farm for a one year contract. Remember, we already had one guy who said he is staying and is now waving his finger at the Celtics and flaunting himself all over the place. Got to wonder.........

Agree. One never knows what would’ve been. Hayward staying in Utah wouldn’t have necessarily meant that he wouldn’t have experienced the same horrific injury or worse. For the most part his teammates appeared to be supportive (sans Rozier?) so I don’t think Gordon regrets making that move. Kyrie yelling at him was not about the pass going to Kyrie. It was about the pass that was supposed to go to Al. That’s probably one of the few things that I didn’t get angry at Kyrie over. Probably because I was so pissed that they lost to that team the way that they did.
I would love to see Davis in Green and I think we can win with him but I’m with you, I don’t want to see Smart as part of this deal. Verrrry Interesting Summer we are about to have.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:45 pm

Ktronic1 wrote:

What are you going to do if he resigns with Boston?  That remains a possibility if you rule out all the conspiracy theories.

Just think, after his conceited little ass is gone we wont have to concern ourselves with anymore overplayed Kyrie bashing. Bye boy!

ktronic

He may well be gone but there remains a possibility that he will stay if Boston pulls the trigger on the AD trade. I remain unconvinced that he is to blame for what happened to Boston this year. I think Danny Ainge set the record straight on this from his perspective. Over the years I have agreed and disagreed with some of Danny's evaluation of a particular situation. In this case I think he was fair minded.

I can live with whatever happens. I do think that the level of vitriolic evaluations aimed at Kyrie Irving has masked all the issues associated with a season that went sideways.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:50 pm

True, very true. We spent so much time giving Kyrie the business that we lost sight of what really happened. Every single player on this team is responsible for what happened this year. But, the future is in the hands of Danny Ainge now. How would you like to be him????? I could never do that job as I lead with my heart alot of times and not my head. We have all become fans of certain players on this team, some more than one. I have referred in another post to the KG trade. In my eyes all we really lost then was Al Jefferson, who was just starting to come into his prime. The rest were all throw ins. If we make a trade for AD, we are not just losing one future All Star (hopefully), but possible three valuable members of our team. I love Smart, he is the core of this team, and I feel that Jaylen Brown is just hitting the tip of the iceberg when it comes to his talent. Williams, I don't care about because I wonder if he will ever really get the minutes to show what he can do. Draft picks, take them. Tatum, there is no doubt, he is at the head of this trade, I hate to see him go because who nos?????

I think I will take a moratorium on this topic until it all blows up. The cap money blows my mind. So, what happens, happens. as I said before, I have no say whatsoever, it is what it is
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:57 pm

Rosalie,

We are just spectators, with no input on the outcome.

Go Celtics!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:38 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktronic1 wrote:

ktronic

He may well be gone but there remains a possibility that he will stay if Boston pulls the trigger on the AD trade.  I remain unconvinced that he is to blame for what happened to Boston this year.  I think Danny Ainge set the record straight on this from his perspective.  Over the years I have agreed and disagreed with some of Danny's evaluation of a particular situation.  In this case I think he was fair minded.

I can live with whatever happens.    I do think that the level of vitriolic evaluations aimed at Kyrie Irving has masked all the issues associated with a season that went sideways.

Dboss, You are right Kyrie was not the only problem but I feel he was one of the main problems. With him being the best player on the team his attitude and lack of leadership told me enough about him. He cant be my best player or leader and he’s very unCeltic like. I think he’s a cancer. Outside of Mark Blount, Kyrie is one the only other Celtic that I cant stand. He may stay and he may show me something that he hasn’t shown yet but I doubt it. I hope he goes.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down