Guerschon Yabusele was not named in France's 15 man preliminary squad for the world cup.

5 posters

Go down

Guerschon Yabusele was not named in France's 15 man preliminary squad for the world cup. Empty Guerschon Yabusele was not named in France's 15 man preliminary squad for the world cup.

Post by international Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:03 am

http://www.fiba.basketball/basketballworldcup/2019/news/batum-gobert-de-colo-and-fournier-named-in-frances-15-man-preliminary-squad-ahead-of-world-cup

international

Back to top Go down

Guerschon Yabusele was not named in France's 15 man preliminary squad for the world cup. Empty Re: Guerschon Yabusele was not named in France's 15 man preliminary squad for the world cup.

Post by international Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:06 am

Posible member of the Celtics, 6'11'' center and power forward, Vincent Poirier is a key member on the team

international

Back to top Go down

Guerschon Yabusele was not named in France's 15 man preliminary squad for the world cup. Empty Re: Guerschon Yabusele was not named in France's 15 man preliminary squad for the world cup.

Post by dboss Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:53 pm

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleague/858246/boston-celtics-reportedly-approach-vincent-poirier/
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:15 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQbWqbw3bzo
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:20 am

I am not anywhere near familiar with the leagues in France and so few players from France seem to end up in the NBA so I have no idea of the competition Yabusele had to earn a spot on the French national team.

I can say that he has not showed me very much while with the Celtics outside of somehow gather tons of bench time and his cool nickname.

At this point, I would prefer to see a rookie big man take his place on the Boston roster for next season. Although moving him for much of anything may not be possible, just replacing him will suffice.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:15 pm

Yabusele is another perfect example of Danny's inability to evaluate frontline players. What a waste at #16 in the 2016 draft. When this pick was made NBA analysts suggested that it was a reach. They were being kind.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:05 pm

dboss,

I really like your point about Mr. Ainge's poor selections of big men, especially in the first round. Williams still has to time to either shine or fade as he has only been around for one year, but many others have failed miserably almost to a man after getting two or so years to prove themselves.

Perhaps the Cs should invest in a big man evaluator who may even double as a big man coach during the season since the Cs also do not have such a specialized coach on their staff.

I do, however, think that it is odd that you knock Yabusele now after supporting him last winter when I was criticizing him as a wasted spot on the roster.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:29 pm

No surprise.

As a matter of fact, the real surprise is that Yabusele is still on an NBA roster.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:02 pm

wideclyde wrote:dboss,

I really like your point about Mr. Ainge's poor selections of big men, especially in the first round.  Williams still has to time to either shine or fade as he has only been around for one year, but many others have failed miserably almost to a man after getting two or so years to prove themselves.

Perhaps the Cs should invest in a big man evaluator who may even double as a big man coach during the season since the Cs also do not have such a specialized coach on their staff.

I do, however, think that it is odd that you knock Yabusele now after supporting him last winter when I was criticizing him as a wasted spot on the roster.

Wyde

I do not know of a coach on the staff that is the bigman coach and the scouting including by Ainge son for bigs has been very defficient.

RW has a physical profile similar to Capela. I never saw any plays run for him other than an alleyopp. No flashes into the paint where he could score close to the basket limited pick and role opportunities. I saw him get those opportunities in college. I had hoped that a consistent 10-12 mpg would have been beneficial.

Baynes messed up the ankle in the playoffs and we had no viable option after that.

I truly believe that the Celtics need to at least hire a consultant to work with frontcourt guys like Williams.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:37 pm

This regime has no clue how to draft or develop a big, seems we could at least develop Perk and Big Al under Doc. RW is not Yabusele, as soon as you see him play you know he has the right attributes for the position, but Brad did nothing that I saw to ever develop/improve his game, what a shame.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down