Former Warriors big Jonas Jerebko signs contract with EuroLeague club

4 posters

Go down

Former Warriors big Jonas Jerebko signs contract with EuroLeague club Empty Former Warriors big Jonas Jerebko signs contract with EuroLeague club

Post by bobheckler Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:35 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/former-warriors-big-jonas-jerebko-180300294.html

Former Warriors big Jonas Jerebko signs contract with EuroLeague club

Jon Williams, NBC Sports BayArea

20 hours ago

Jonas Jerebko is heading to Europe.

The former Warriors forward signed a two-year deal with EuroLeague club Khimki Moscow Region on Wednesday

"I'm just excited about this great opportunity to play for one of the best teams in Europe," Jerebko said via the team's press release. "I'm looking forward to playing in the top level in Europe after 10 years in the NBA. Playing against the best teams in the EuroLeague was obviously on my bucket list. I'm super excited about the opportunity of joining my teammates."

Jerebko also posted about the move on social media.

Jonas Jerebko
✔
@JonasJerebko
Next chapter 🇸🇪🇷🇺🙏 @ Gothenburg https://www.instagram.com/p/B1JbpIii6cN/?igshid=31htsox0p90x …

7:15 AM - Aug 14, 2019

Jerebko, who hails from Sweden, played last season with the Warriors, where he averaged 6.3 points and 3.9 rebounds across 73 regular-season games (including six starts). But he largely fell out of coach Steve Kerr's rotation in the playoffs. After averaging 16.7 minutes per game in the regular season, the veteran forward only saw the floor for 7.6 minutes per game in the postseason.

Despite sporadic playing time, Jerebko cemented himself to Warriors fans at the start of the season when he beat the buzzer with a game-winning tip-in in the Dubs' second game against the Utah Jazz back on Oct. 19.

https://twitter.com/NBCSWarriors/status/1053513356810678272

But after the Warriors' offseason of change, Jerebko never was a fit to stay in Golden State as the team is dedicated to getting younger. Expect Alfonzo McKinnie, Omari Spellman and rookie Eric Paschall to soak up Jerebko's minutes for the 2019-20 season.

bob
MY NOTE: Always liked Jonas. He knew his limitations, never strayed too far away from his strengths. A good teammate and defender. Best of luck to him.

There was some talk that Jonas might get the Celtics' 15th spot, especially since we could use a 4. That door has now swung close. That's significant for Tacko, the slot is still open, but he still has to earn his spot on the final roster.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Former Warriors big Jonas Jerebko signs contract with EuroLeague club Empty Re: Former Warriors big Jonas Jerebko signs contract with EuroLeague club

Post by gyso Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:48 am

I believe it was Swede in Estonia that first brought Jonas to our attention. He said that we would be pleasantly surprised by his game. He was right.

Fun fact:

On February 19, 2015, Jerebko was traded, along with Luigi Datome, to the Boston Celtics in exchange for Tayshaun Prince.

Gigi was also a fan favorite. He left the NBA for Europe the next season, when he signed a two-year contract with the Turkish club Fenerbahçe. He's been there ever since.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Former Warriors big Jonas Jerebko signs contract with EuroLeague club Empty Re: Former Warriors big Jonas Jerebko signs contract with EuroLeague club

Post by bobc33 Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:51 am

I still follow Luigi on Facebook!

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:35 pm

Bob, he was a favorite here in Boston. Everyone in the North End knew him and who he was. It was like he was the Prince Spaghetti kid, everyone yelling to him out of windows!! I bet he never paid for a mean there!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down