Hall of Fame

4 posters

Go down

Hall of Fame Empty Hall of Fame

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:56 pm

I wonder if any of you could tell me if Walter Brown is in the Hall of Fame? I watched tonights enshrinements and saw that they put Jerry Buss in the Hall for creating the Lakers, showtime, laker girls, etc.

Walter Brown was one of the main reasons why the league was kept afloat back when they first started. He used his own money many times to pay the salary of his men, and many times the players had to wait for their salary because the team was out of money. Any story you read about Red Auerbach will attest to the importance of Brown to the league. I was just wondering if he had ever been honored.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Hall of Fame Empty Re: Hall of Fame

Post by swish Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:35 pm

Rosalie T Celtics

Walter entered the Hall Of Fame in 1965.

swish.

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:20 am

What a touching ceremony/enshrinement for Dennis Johnson.
For those of you that didn't see it, DJ's brother came to the podium for his brother. After talking about Dennis and thanking many people, the last person that he wanted to personally thank was Charles Barkley. Apparentely Barkley kept fighting for DJ to get into the HOF and as DJ's brother said "thank you for keeping my brother's name alive".
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:27 am

Walter Brown also hosted the first two all-star games (starting in Cousy's first season of 1950-51) and 3 of the first 7 and 4 of the first 14. He will always be a massive factor in what held the league together by a shoestring during the first two decades—and, of course, an integral element of the unparalleled Celtics' storied tradition.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:51 am

He was one hell of a guy. If it weren't for him, the NBA would have shut down with many clubs running out of money early. I just couldn't remember if he was there or not. One of those mental blocks. I've been to the HOF many times, I
guess it just didn't register with me.

Yes, the ceremony was extremely touching. I am so glad to see DJ finally get the recognition he so rightfully deserves. From the day he became eligible, I have wished for this day. It is just a mortal sin he is not here to enjoy it.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down