NBA Finals Repeat? The "Experts" Think So. If LA Makes It, Look Out For Boston:

+3
Sam
bobheckler
tjmakz
7 posters

Go down

NBA Finals Repeat? The "Experts" Think So. If LA Makes It, Look Out For Boston: Empty NBA Finals Repeat? The "Experts" Think So. If LA Makes It, Look Out For Boston:

Post by tjmakz Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:22 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/10365/experts-panel-which-eastern-conference-team-is-the-lakers-strongest-challenger
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

NBA Finals Repeat? The "Experts" Think So. If LA Makes It, Look Out For Boston: Empty Re: NBA Finals Repeat? The "Experts" Think So. If LA Makes It, Look Out For Boston:

Post by bobheckler Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:29 pm

tjmakz wrote:http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/10365/experts-panel-which-eastern-conference-team-is-the-lakers-strongest-challenger

TJ,

Pretty surprising, and impressive, coming from LA "experts".

Why both playing the season? Let's just get on with it...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

NBA Finals Repeat? The "Experts" Think So. If LA Makes It, Look Out For Boston: Empty Re: NBA Finals Repeat? The "Experts" Think So. If LA Makes It, Look Out For Boston:

Post by tjmakz Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:39 pm

bob,

My prediction is that Miami wins the East and Boston finishes 2nd or 3rd and Boston beats Miami in the Eastern Conf. Finals.
I think LA will beat OKC in WCF.
A little too early for a Finals prediction...

Hopefully Boston and LA are healthy this year...
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:21 pm

Second that emotion, TJ. Health should never decide a championship. Looking forward to the possibility of another Celtics-Lakers finals matchup, although I can also feel for fans in other cities who have such high hopes.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:08 pm

Let's hope that all teams are healthy so that their fans can really enjoy this season. Thunder-Celtics
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:30 am

2011 finals;
Lakers-Heat

Upset special;
Thunder-Heat

I'm rooting for;
Celtics-Lakers (as always)

...but I suppose we should actually play the season first and see what happens.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:05 pm

I think it would be a lot easier and much less expensive if they would let us on this forum decide the next ten championships. Any one who does not pick the Celtics has no vote! Fair enuf?
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:31 am

With all the deserved hype coming out of Miami, the actual delivery is almost always disappointing.

Miami is still looked at in a bubble or "on paper" as most of us say. No one has addressed the fact that with three superstars on this team and an 82 game season, one of those three or more every night will be in foul trouble. With more than half the team dubbed superstars and the average number of fouls will still hold, the remaining 4 and 5 guys can't take all of them. I'm betting Bosh draws the short straw. You won't be able to contain the conspiracy theorists if the balance isn't shown and maintained right out fo the gate. Just watch the fouls right away.

Injuries - granted this Big 3 are in there primes so injuries aren't on the radar so much, but when opposing teams "bring their best games" every night to Miami, the fouls will be harder, the lanes will be tighter, no lay-up rule in effect and subsequently injuries will be more prevalent. This season may resemble more hockey than basketball for all the Heat games. Ever notice in hockey how the #1 seeds almost never make it to the finals? It's always the 7 vs. 8 seed like this past season.

Spoelstra - while I like this guy, he's way in over his head. In my business, this is like a young, 22 year old guy right out of college starting off in the bullpen cold calling 20 hours a day for 2 days and then the top producer in the office retires and gives his whole million dollar book of business to him. Recipe for disaster. Now granted the short leash rule is in effect, but my prediction will be he'll coach for two seasons. This upcoming season the Heat will get so painstakingly close to a title via a 7-game series with Boston in the ECF that ends in defeat that Spoelstra will back his way into Season 2. Yeah, we all could coach this team to a championship remotely from the internet, but he's due for some colossal, under the micorscope blunders that will cost them in Season 1.

Now, how is this different from the Celtics in 2008? Well, we've addressed that ad nauseum from all sides. I just want the above scenario repeated 6 consecutive seasons with the Celtics being the giant killers. We did it to CLE for 2 of 3 seasons, Miami coming up for 6.

dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:36 am

Dbrown,
One correction, if I may, there're only 2 superstars and 1 star in Mia. Agree about Bosh, though, getting rap for the other 2.
I bet that everybody outside South Florida hopes for chemistry fiasco. If it works, Miami 3 click, that is, then I don't think anybody can stop them.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:15 am

Sinus,

Granted. I didn't even mention the chemistry issues. The Celtics left their egos at the door in 2008. That may have been the biggest key to them winning in '08. Good luck checking those egos at the door, Pat. But LeBron may surprise us. He needed to get out of CLE. That was a circus. Dwade's got nothing to lose (he has a ring) , or CB, whose just along for the ride. The title was never coming through Tornonto. Sorry Canada. LeBron has everything to lose. But we have seen nothing to date to indicate any different result than pure, unmitigated disaster for 7 years to date, topped by the "I quit" in several playoff games at CLE's bitter end. If this fails, though, it will be devastating to LeBron, the league (maybe). LeBron will learn what we have seen and argued to this point, that he is the problem. It will take two season just for the Miami brain trusts to figure that part out. Kobe figured it out and has earned most if not all of our respect as a great basketball player and teammate. The golden bone has been laid at your feet, LeBron. You either really do suck or you will figure it out and be a champion. Granted, I think you have been given 10X more than Kobe had to work with, but that's just me. Just remember you are in the conference where since inception the Celtics have played dragon slayer better than anyone, not to mention what's waiting on the other side with the Lakers if you are so fortunate to ever make it out of the EC.

But this is the new NBA. Take it or leave it. The promise and demise of the next six years has me locked up on League Pass much to my wife's chagrin until then at which time I will reassess my $1,000+ purchase! Marketing genuises! (Actually, not a bad idea for LP. A 6-yr package guaranteed at a huge discount. I'd pay $700 for that today.) I'm hooked!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down