Kudos to Mustang Gator for this BDC post... RIGHTEOUS brother!

+3
Sam
RosalieTCeltics
gacracker
7 posters

Go down

Kudos to Mustang Gator for this BDC post... RIGHTEOUS brother! Empty Kudos to Mustang Gator for this BDC post... RIGHTEOUS brother!

Post by gacracker Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Hijacked without permission from BDC this morning unedited. This post speaks for itself.

We are honored by MG's presence here at Sams Forum.

Schlep,

I remember that dude SDLaker. You are right. Pretty cool for a Lakers Fan. Nice guy and very articulate with his posts. Wait a minute. I am that guy, LOL. Thanks for the shout out and remembering my posts. I was SDLaker and then changed my name to MustangGator about 6-8 weeks ago just guessing. Long story, but I changed it for what I thought was a couple of very good reasons.

Before I go on I want to clear up one thing that Lakers Fans have tried accuse me of being. I am not a Celtics fan disguised as a Lakers Fan. I have been a Lakers Fan since the West/Chamberlain days, although I was a bit young to remember a whole lot back then. I do not claim to know everything. I try to stick to the facts, be reasonable and understanding when debating with my sports adversaries.

A few things I do know is that I started posting on BDC at the beginning of the 2008 finals. No, not the 2009 finals, but the 2008 finals. This fact is significant. There was more than me posting as a Lakers Fan back then. I ran into both some Celtics Fans and Lakers Fans that were mean spirited, and no matter what, refused to extend a cyber hand to me. Most were Lakers Fans because they thought I was a Celtics Fan posing as a Lakers Fan. I also ran into several Celtics Fans posting on here that I have been posting with ever since. That group remains today as the primary reason why I still post. However, these days I spend most of my time on the other site. I started out like anyone else from another team with some friendly jabs back and forth about our teams. Had I taken it personal from the first hint of disrespect, or being attacked, I would have lost out on some friendships that I subsequently gained.

After the finals, 2008 version, there were very few Lakers Fans that stuck around to talk Basketball. They all seemed to quit posting once the Lakers were blown out in the 2008 Finals. I took my medicine and stuck around. Then there was a lull with few Lakers Fans. At least until it became clear that the Lakers were going to make a strong run for the titled. Then, after the Lakers clinched the title, the flood gates from the west opened up. That in a nutshell is why I believe that allot of Celtics fans do not respect most Lakers Fans. Look at the Lakers Fans posting in just this thread. When did you start posting on BDC. Only after KG went down? After the Celtics were eliminated? After the Lakers won the 2009 title? That is why most Lakers Fans are tagged with the name of being a troll. They only come out when the gett’in is good.

I stuck around and took my punishment and offered congratulations. Congratulations on this board, and in one case by a phone call back to Boston. I am in San Diego. I really believe that is how I gained some level of respect from most of the Celtics Fans that turned out to be pretty cool by me. Some were still too stubborn to accept me as a friendly sports rival. Those that did accept my congratulations in turn congratulated me this year when the Lakers won the title.

I have tried to figure out what I did differently to be more welcomed on this site than most Lakers Fans. I believe that the biggest difference is that I came on here before anything had been decided, and both sides were bragging about their teams, including me. Sometimes you just have to offer respect in defeat. Lets have a good year. I think both teams, barring major injuries, have outstanding chance of showing up in the 2010 finals. I just hope they meet each other once again. May the best team win.

MG
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Kudos to Mustang Gator for this BDC post... RIGHTEOUS brother! Empty Re: Kudos to Mustang Gator for this BDC post... RIGHTEOUS brother!

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:11 pm

It really is one word, respect. You respected us and we in turn, respected you. Let's face it these are two great teams. Naturally you are still going to support the team you have followed all these years. I wouldn't respect you if you didn't. In turn, you have respected all of us who so faithfully have supported the Celtics and root for them to win another title. I, myself, love the Celtics and I go back to West, Chamberlain, Russell, et al. My Mom, who is a huge Celtic fan, loved Jerry West. So, as the year goes on, we will each support the team we care about. Good luck to you but, I really hope we do meet each other again in the playoffs!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Kudos to Mustang Gator for this BDC post... RIGHTEOUS brother! Empty Re: Kudos to Mustang Gator for this BDC post... RIGHTEOUS brother!

Post by Sam Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:37 pm

And neither of the two teams would have much of a history without the other.
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:18 pm

MG for president.

jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:03 pm

jeb65 wrote:MG for president.

jeb
This is a setup. Who in his right mind would want that job?

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:23 pm

GC for president
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:18 am

Rosalie
I too loved Jerry West as did my father,guy was just such a purist and honerable man,he had alot of the personal qualities in him that I saw in Hondo as a kid,the competitive spirit and class made me root for him.I was so happy for him when they finally won in 72.Loved reading any quotes on the game from him since he retired and created the Lakers dynasty twice.Loved reading the praise he used to give Larry Legend back in the day.Man knew it all and did it all.The respect and quotes he used to give to Russell and Hondo were equally great too. cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:26 pm

Hello all.

I had not planned on posting over at BDC. I just check back from time to time to see what is being said. However, I was mentioned by name (old name) and had to respond in defense of the poster (Schleprechaum) who so graciously defended the few good Lakers Fans that post by using me as an example. Although it was not my intent, I also appreciate gacracker acknowledging my efforts by reposting it on Sam’s Site.

Rosalie thanks for the nice words. Jeb, appreciate the vote of confidence, but no thanks on the shout out for president. I wouldn’t want that job, LOL.

Lets start the season already! Good luck once again for 80 of the 82 regular season games, LOL.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:31 pm

Sam, you are 100% right. Every rivalry has to have a good team and a villain to be a true rivalry IMO. Just depends on someone's team loyalty on which team is the good one and which one is the villian. I am sure the Celtics' history would still be notable if they had won all those championships against an assortment of challengers. However, IMO just not as historic as it was beating the Lakers all those years.

The Bulls team in the 90’s was a great team. However, really who was their rival during their 6 championship run? Every year it seemed like someone else was challenging the Bulls. Like wise with the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. There was not really a strong challenger and they beat someone different during those two titles. I still feel that they would have played the Pistons tougher and may have won that 4th championship if it had not been for the bickering going on between Shaq and Kobe. Pretty selfish stuff. That’s another story for another place and time. Take care and good luck starting out next week with the C’s.

MG.
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by Schlep2010 Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Then we will finally have something new to talk about (on all Forums) besides predictions.....

One more night.
Schlep2010
Schlep2010

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:28 pm

schlep

Soooonnnnn.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down