PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO JEB'S EPIC SUPPORT FUND NOW!!!!!

+2
sinus007
Sam
6 posters

Go down

PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO JEB'S EPIC SUPPORT FUND NOW!!!!! Empty PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO JEB'S EPIC SUPPORT FUND NOW!!!!!

Post by Sam Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Important Message to the Board:

We've been promising a major announcement concerning this forum. While the announcement is all ready to go, we're deferring it a couple of days in order to focus on something of more immediate importance.

We've been doing our best, in another thread, to keep people apprised of Jeb's situation as he faces major struggles with his liver and pancreas. The most recent update is that he's gone through some tests that reveal a tumor in his pancreas. He'll soon know for certain whether or not it's malignant, but early indications unfortunately suggest that a malignancy is present. And what's most pressing is that something about that situation is apparently causing his liver to cease production of an essential element—bile.

But there is good news. Sometimes, a tumor like this is in an inoperable location. But this one is well situated so as to be accessible. Moreover, it does not appear at this time that, if cancer does exist, it has spread to adjoining tissue; in other words, they seem to have caught this very early.

But, whatever the ultimate prognosis, one thing seems certain. Jeb needs procedures done that will open up the flow of liver bile. And these procedures, alone, will cost a load of money. Unfortunately, Jeb's insurance situation is not a good one. When he has worked, he has worked like a dog for as many as 28 days in a row. But his work has been sporadic and not conducive to accumulating more than a modest savings reserve at best.

Right now, Jeb's morale is understandably down. Yet he is highly motivated to take every measure he can to attack this thing aggressively and with the help of experts. This board is already providing a healthy share of his moral support, and he can't stop talking about how much that support is helping him fuel every second of his life.

We're now hoping the board can extend this wonderful support into the area of essential financial help for Jeb. Consistent with one of Jeb's favorite expressions, we're announcing the founding of Jeb's Epic Support Fund. Please contribute whatever you can by sending a check or PayPal contribution in to Sam's Celtics Forum. For PayPal, use the email address SlipSamCelt@aol.com. Mail checks to Sam's Celtics Forum; P.O. Box 758; Wellfleet, MA 02667. VERY IMPORTANT: PUT A NOTE ON THE PAYPAL MESSAGE OR ON YOUR CHECK THAT IDENTIFIES JEB'S EPIC SUPPORT FUND AS THE BENEFICIARY OF YOUR DONATION. This will ensure that every penny of your contribution will go only to that very worthy cause. If you have a message you'd like to include for Jeb, just include it with your contribution, and we'll make certain Jeb receives it.

For anyone who owes dues money and has not yet sent it, if you'd also like to contribute to Jeb's Epic Support Fund, and if you do so by December 31st, we'll credit your entire donation to Jeb's fund and will give you a free pass for this year in terms of your board dues. We'd like to forward all the proceeds in this fund to Jeb on New Year's Day, so please try to have your donations in to us before that time.

Jeb has not asked for any of this, and we're quite sure it will shock him into a few folksy utterances. But he and Dawn will be ever grateful to know that you cared enough to support them in this very tangible way.

Thanks a lot. God bless all of you, and God bless Jeb.

All the best,

Your Administrators: Sam, NYCelt, gyso, Pete, dboss, 112288

Last edited by Sam on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO JEB'S EPIC SUPPORT FUND NOW!!!!! Empty Re: PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO JEB'S EPIC SUPPORT FUND NOW!!!!!

Post by sinus007 Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Sam et al,
Thank you very much.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO JEB'S EPIC SUPPORT FUND NOW!!!!! Empty Re: PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO JEB'S EPIC SUPPORT FUND NOW!!!!!

Post by jeb Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:35 am

speechless
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:35 am

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:13 am

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:30 am

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:12 pm

Sam, The liver must still be producing bile, but the bile duct is probably being impinged upon by the tumor.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:55 pm

That what I figure too, Worcester. I assume the stent will be positioned at the point where the impingment is occurring. Stents work well. I have seven myself, but for the heart rather than the liver.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:06 pm

Sam wrote:That what I figure too, Worcester. I assume the stent will be positioned at the point where the impingment is occurring. Stents work well. I have seven myself, but for the heart rather than the liver.

Sam

damn sam, you're a bagpipe! When Mrs Sam squeezes you, do you play Amazing Grace?
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:33 pm

Bob,

I can't disclose in public what happens when Mrs. Sam squeezes me, and besides it depends where. But there are certain times when SHE sings Amazing Grace much as Madelaine Kahn sang Ah Sweet Mystery of Life in Young Frankenstein. No time for details now.

Sam

Last edited by Sam on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Way too much information!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:45 am

Sam,

Did you say URRRRRRRRRRRR?

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:06 am

Just one day before Jeb's procedures begin. Very expensive, and not covered by any medical insurance. I hope everyone will dig down and send what you can to Jeb's Epic Support Fund.

Once again, donations may be made by two methods:

1. PayPal (use the email address SlipSamCelt@aol.com and include your board name and the fact that the money is for Jeb's fund)

2. Check and snail mail (check should be payable to Sam's Celtics Forum, and you need to include your board name and the fact that the money is for Jeb's fund)

Thanks to everyone for your generosity. Every penny (including dues collected between now and December 31)will go to Jeb.

All the best,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:56 pm

Jeb, I just bumped into my old, old friend Lou Zant at the market with his wife Sonja who is a ten year cancer survivor, in large part thanks to a nutritional protocol similar to the one I just suggested for you. She had cancer from age 8-30 and between herbs and modern medical advances finally beat it. Now she's 40 and one of the most beautiful spirits on the planet. So Sam's advice is really true - buy time till the cure is found. That worked for Sonja. Time will work for you. In your case I think you'll be cured by 2011, so keep your chin up.

Now about the finances. Lou was inspired by Sonja's experience and a provision in the new Obama health plan to start a new insurance company that won't exclude people with pre-existing conditions and pays for alternative therapies. His business partner is Mike Mahaffey whose wife Tea (pronounced Tee-ah) played championship level NCCA volleyball for four years in college with her best friend, John Havlicek's daughter. Small world Celtics fans!

Anyways, if you go to http://www.nexhealth.org/join-now/ you can sign up for free to be part of this non-profit foundation which will then gain you access to an insurance policy that is very inexpensive and will meet many of your financial needs. When you talk with Lou, do NOT tell him you've got pancreatic cancer. He does not need or want to know that because that may force him to put you into a category you don't want to be in, insurance wise. I'm not saying to be dishonest, but in some ways it's now a Don't Ask Don't Tell insurance world. If you are not asked directly about it, don't tell.

Lou says that there are policies that with no restrictions can get you $25,000 worth of hospital coverage almost immediately. And then some. Please call him today at 941-228-7088, tell him you're my friend and that you very much need a health care policy ASAP, and he will hook you up. Please try to get this done before tomorrow's procedure, and it may wind up paying a good chunk of your expenses. Christmas miracles do happen.
W
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:34 pm

Also, check out this webpage - http://www.nexhealth.org/
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:27 pm

worcester

got it, just got to eddy out and see what happens, all the love and respect in the world to you.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:16 am

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down