Sam Jones Night at the Garden

2 posters

Go down

Sam Jones Night at the Garden Empty Sam Jones Night at the Garden

Post by worcester Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:06 pm

Sam Jones' birthday is June 24th, so we couldn't hold a Sam Jones night at the Garden then, but how about some other date? If we got most of us from this site, a few hundred from BDC and others from Red's Army to join in, maybe we could together petition the Celts to stage a special event. Also, as many of us as possible
could buy tickets for that game wearing Number 24 and ask Sam to join us. Of course, we should only invite Sam if there'll be enough of a turnout and some acknowledgment from the Celtics brass. One of my friends owns the Applebee's adjacent to the Garden, and maybe we could do a tie-in meal there as well.

Feedback?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Sam Jones Night at the Garden Empty Re: Sam Jones Night at the Garden

Post by Sam Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:09 pm

It's a great idea, but the cooperation of the Celtics would be needed, and I can just hear Wyc saying, "Why Sam? And why now? You do it for one, you'll have to do it for all of them." I bet they wouldn't even pay for Sam to fly to Boston.

And I have a funny feeling there wouldn't be more than three to six from BDC who would bother to attend.

Besides, Sam knows his fans still love him. It's the Celtics who are the issue.

I don't mean to throw water on a great idea. If there were any realistic hope of getting something like that to work, I'd be ecstatic. Maybe I'm just more dispirited about the whole thing than I should be.

Thanks for caring,

The Phony Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:16 pm

Sam, The way to do it is first to ask how many in our cyber world would want to participate, then poseour numbers to Wyc. The answer to Why Now is Why Not Before? We're here. We care. What are you going to do about it?

If there's no groundswell, we won't bring it up to Sam to avoid embarrassing him. I'm still going to go ahead and talk with my friend who owns teh Applebee's.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down