Post Game Philly

+3
sinus007
LACELTFAN
7 posters

Go down

Post Game Philly Empty Post Game Philly

Post by 112288 Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:07 pm

What a horrible game called by the ref's tonight against the Celtics. It was like the league told them to start calling fouls early and often! A real joke! But it did set up a great night to listen to Tommy hammer the ref's..."Give Me A Break."

A classic Tommy-Mike interaction......Late 3rd or early 4th.........

After Philly started missing their free throws which they were making all night
(Mike) "Philly now starting to miss their free throws"....
(Tommy) " Ya....their getting tired....they have been shooting all night"......!

Ya Got To Love Those Two!!!!

A win is a win, now off to Orlando X'Mas Day...2:30pm, ABC

LET ME WISH EACH AND EVERYONE A MERRY CHRISTMAS...BE SAFE.....DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE......CATCH EVERYONE AT POST GAME ORLANDO SATURDAY!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post Game Philly Empty Re: Post Game Philly

Post by LACELTFAN Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:43 pm

Yes merry x-mas back at you... and I can't believe I'm going to say this but : GO LAKERS...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:51 am

Hi,
Yes, W is W. But the game was kind of strange.
Now, can anybody explain to me what rule did KG break to get a T? What did he do?
Another good thing I saw during the game is that Celtics can play defense even in their sleep.
Poor Shaq. He just steps into the lane, an attacker runs into him, gets smashed as if he ran into a brick wall, and everybody on his side crying for a flagrant foul.
OK, now they're taking their talents to Central Florida. I hope they're fully awake. Also, I hope D12 won't KO anybody.
Happy Holidays, everybody!

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:49 pm

Man, was that an ugly game offensively. Yuck.

1. KG and Pierce were both called for fouls for complaining about fouls. KG was in the middle of making a pass when he "complained". The refs were unbelievable last night. Pierce was lucky he didn't get T'd up a second time for standing up, at the bench, and joining the crowd who were sarcastically applauding the refs for finally making an obvious call. 31 fta for Philly vs 21 for us and a bunch of our fts came in the last minute or so as Philly tried to stop the clock and put Shaq on the line, so it really wasn't even that close.

2. Pierce couldn't throw the ball in the ocean most of the night. Then again, neither could Iggy. Good D by the captain, even if his offense reeked, and his intensity level in the last few minutes was contagious. He knew we could lose this and he was not going to let that happen by sheer will. When he embraced KG emotionally at halfcourt after KG picked up the loose ball from Iggy (when he and Pierce both stumbled, resulting in two clinching Ray Allen fts) showed just how much Pierce had emotionally invested in this game. So did his fastbreak dunk. He wasn't playing for the foul, he was playing for the statement. Lord knows we needed it because emotion was our biggest deficit for most of the game.

3. Our old friend, Tony Battie, did well for himself. Six boards and 10 points on 5-8 shooting (Philly as a team shot 43%, so Battie improved that) and 4 blocks is a nice way of "coming back" after injury for him.

4. Bradley got a nice 5 minute stretch (2 minutes left in the 1st through 3+ minutes gone in the second). A little shaky on the first possession but really stepped up his defense after that. I'm glad the kid's gaining a little confidence and Doc's giving him a chance, because we're still a week or two away from Rondo's return and more than that for West's return. A nice 5 minutes by Bradley. Let's hope he can now give us a nice 8-10 minutes next game.

5. Von Wafer also came in and did well. He didn't shoot particularly well, but nobody else did either. His job, as well as Bradley's, was to "hold the fort". He did it. We were +1 when he left.

6. KG's defense was stellar throughout the game. That, IMO, is what kept the game within striking distance at the half. Ray Allen started off slow offensively but then got into a shooting groove, but KG's defense was good from the get go. His block on Iggy's layup at the end was huge.

7. Great shot management by Doc at the end. 32.4 seconds left with only 6 left on the shot clock and Doc calls a timeout. Out of the timeout we go to a quick 3ptr from Ray (which missed) but Philly got possession with about 29+ seconds left, which meant we'd get at least 5+ seconds for a last shot. It would have been sweet if Ray had hit it (we'd have gone up by 5 then) but that play call gave us another shot with enough time, even if Philly scored (which they didn't, Iggy stumbled and KG picked it up), to make something work.

8. Shaq had a good game shooting 5-8 and grabbing 9 boards in 27 minutes (more than usual and more than I'd like). It's amazing how everybody is whining like little girls everytime Shaq fouls them. Flagrant foul! Flagrant foul! This is happening because coaching staffs watched the refs in the earlier games this season call them on Shaq and everybody's playing to the refs, instead of playing the game. Yuck. This league is turning into soccer, where every player screams and goes down like they've been shot, after even the most incidental contact.

9. Thank God for Ray Allen. On a night where nothing was working, he was working. He was responsible for AT LEAST 40% of the Celtic offense last night (22 points of his own on 8-17 shooting and 6 assists. Even if the assists were all for 2s and no 3s, that's still 34 points accounted for out of 84 points total).

10. 19 assists on 31 fgm for 61%. Even in what was, arguably, our worst offensive game this season, we're still doing it "as a team".

Doc said that this season makes for more losses due to the distractions players face (shopping, family, blah blah), like the rest of us don't have to deal with that too and still have to show up for work. Phil Jackson hates Christmas games. Phil Jackson complains about everything.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:00 pm

"I hope D12 won't KO anybody."

If he does Shaq will bring the ten ton shithammer down on his dirty, high elbow slingin head but my guess is Howard will be on his best behavior.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:05 pm

@ Bobheck

When the Capn stole that ball and went surface to surface for that dunk i knew there was no way we were goin to lose. PP was not going to LET us lose.

Man PP and KG are both elevating so much higher than last year.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:28 pm

jeb wrote:
@ Bobheck

When the Capn stole that ball and went surface to surface for that dunk i knew there was no way we were goin to lose. PP was not going to LET us lose.

Man PP and KG are both elevating so much higher than last year.

jeb,

Yeah, it's obvious they're both having fun. That's understandable for KG, considering the way players were taunting him last year, to be able to get some payback. Come to think of it, it's understandable for Pierce too, since he's getting to play with KG who's BACK.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:50 pm

We are going to see a few games like this during the season.

But a league best 14 straight is not chopped liver!

The fiber of a championshiop team is measured when you play the Philly's of the world and keep beating the Phillys of the world. The depth and perseverance on this team is remarkable. This ugly game ended up with a pretty face and another W.

On XMAS the Celtics play the new look Magic. Early in the season this game was circled to be a must see matchup...Now it is even more important for Orlando having dropped 4 in a row and slipping further down the eastern conference ladder.

The Magic are in full panic mode. Could it be that the pending 2012 opt out option for Superman has Lois Lane (Van Gundy) worried sick?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:16 pm

You are right. In my mind, these are the most important games and a test of a real champion. Any good team can get up for a big game against a top team, its the Phillies, the Nets, Cleveland etc that are the most scary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:32 pm

I wonder what the rest of the league is think about the Celtics right now. For more than a season, Rondo has been touted as the new leader of the team. Then our center went down, so they got some big to fill in, and now those bigs are playing peek-a-boo every game in terms of their availability. Then they got West to help give Ray a rest, and he has played very little this season.

And yet this team has played through big games and trap games and has gone on a very solid 14-game winning streak without any particular fanfare. At some point, even a dunce like Hollinger must be wondering what the heck is going on here. Maybe even a turd like he is being forced to fathom what value interchangeable parts, chemistry,and joie de vivre have in comparison to "me-ball."

I would never argue that the Celtics have played the iron of the league night in and night out. Far from it. But, like every team in the league, they've played the cards they've been dealt. i don't like to go overboard in either a positive or a negative way about the Celts—never have—but I have to say they're approaching this season with resolve that has to be making an impression.

And the irony is that, the more other teams panic and start playing the trading game, the more those other teams are deviating from the kind of chemistry that is the hallmark of this team. It's not just about getting good players. It's all about how well they play together. And these guys, even on their worst nights, are playing together well enough to keep winning under adversity.

I'm also not one to single out players a lot. But, if there's one player who I think is the poster boy for the essence of the "whatever it takes" approach of this club, it's Glen Davis.

Pretty cool.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down