Next Up Orlando

5 posters

Go down

Next Up Orlando Empty Next Up Orlando

Post by dboss Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:06 pm

On XMAS the Celtics play the new look Magic. Early in the season this game was circled to be a must see matchup...Now it is even more important for Orlando having dropped 4 in a row and slipping further down the eastern conference ladder.

The Magic are in full panic mode. Could it be that the pending 2012 opt out option for Superman has Lois Lane (Van Gundy) worried sick?

I keep scratching my head trying to understand why they traded multiple players when all they needed to do was sure up one or two spots at the most.

Howard just needs a thug power forward who can board, play a little defense and post up to open up the perimeter. I have heard reports that the Magic were worried about their offense and needed to become more explosive.

Orlando Sentinel

"The Orlando Magic will start Jameer Nelson at point guard, Jason Richardson at shooting guard, Hedo Turkoglu at small forward, Brandon Bass at power forward and Dwight Howard at center against the San Antonio Spurs tonight at Amway Center."

Not a bad starting lineup but who BU's Howard. And is Anderson a viable BU for Bass?

I think I know why they are called the Orlando Magic. They have found a way to make their team disappear and it ain't an illusion.

Smart teams will pound the Magic inside and close out the perimeter on them. They will go at howard and get him in foul trouble. It will take 20-25 games before they find chemistry and by that time they will be clinging to a playoff berth.

Just my opinion but I think the trades were horrible but not for the Celtics.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Next Up Orlando Empty Re: Next Up Orlando

Post by Matty Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:20 pm

personally, im wary of this game, more so than before the trade. Im still on the This IS Better For Orlando opionion of the trade, just give them fella's some time to figgure themselves out and their gonna be a tough team to beat.

Like Miami, it'll take a bit to gell, but then when they do their going to win themselves some games. Unlike Miami, these guys wont be playign their ego's and i think they will end up playign more of a team game than the Heat..

I still think more trades are going to happen with them to get a B/U for Howard and depending on those, i think its still possible that we could be seeing Orlando and not Miami in the ECF's.

I just hope its not saterday that Orlando begins to turn things around..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:52 pm

wacthing orlando vs san antony

Orlando is whuppin antony, they be playing the game I am hoping they dont have in them on saterday..

meanwhile Boston is already in Orlando awaiting our game.. will we finely see both O'neils in the game?
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:26 am

Game on at 2:30ish, I just may be able to tune in.

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:46 am

Hi,
I watched 1st quarter of that game, SA@Orl. SA looked flat. Orl does have offensive punch. But as everybody pointed out, take D12 out and their offense falls to almost exclusive jump-shooting and defense becomes very porous. I hope Celtics will take advantage of it.
Hopefully, JON will play. Even with all the rust he can give some presence inside and extra fouls on D12.
Main problem, IMO, will be at 1 and 2: too much load on Nate and RA.
Another negative factor is a lot of confidence on Orl side after spanking SA.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:55 pm

BOTH O'Neal's will be playing today.

For a change, D12 is going to have his hands full, I think.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down