Game-on Thread: Celtics @ Hornets, 3/19/11

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game-on Thread: Celtics @ Hornets, 3/19/11

Post by Sam on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:30 pm

I have to go back to see about the contest, unless someone else knows how it went.
Sam
Admin

http://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:34 pm

Another pathetic blowout. Aw gee, somebody make another boo boo?

Have to consider the source.
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:38 pm

good win and erase the feeling we had last night

- now let's go beat the Knicks ---night everyone have a good Sunday

rosalie
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:39 pm

A nice example of our depth. Some starters come up cold but the bench is ready.
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:43 pm

Only 3 Celtic bench players played tonight, and all three did well.

Chris Paul without a field goal?
bobc33

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:45 pm

To those who stuck in there with this team and rooted them home, you did a great job. Got home late and will now get the pleasure of watching the game.

Sounds as though some really good things happened, especially in the third quarter.

I'm watching a replay right now, on which Davis's face looks like a hardened criminal. He's exuding determination. I like it.

Good night,

Sam

Last edited by sam on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Sam

Baby had his "drool" game last year, tonight was his "determination" game.
bobc33

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:04 pm

Sure seems that way, Bob.

No contest tonight.
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:22 am

Watched it on replay and gotta hand it to our bench tonight. Only three got minutes - Glen, Green and Delonte - but they shot a torrid 74% (17 for 23). Glen loved showing his hometown buddies how much he's improved this year. Kudos to all three reserves and of course to Ray too.

Second straight game Krstic's been in SERIOUS foul trouble and has basically been a no-show. That shouldn't last tho. He's shown too much so far. Good comeback from 15 down although I see there's one poster on this thread who didn't think they'd have it in them to battle back and called it a "pathetic blowout" barely halfway through the game. That doom and gloom on absolutely every Game On thread is getting tiresome. Being a fan of a team as terrific as Boston should instill some confidence in their ability to play with anyone in the league and giving up on them prematurely in any game or for the season shows no belief in them. Can't imagine having that outlook. Sure, you know when certain games are over, when they absolutely have no chance to win. But 15 down early in the third quarter is not that time. Nuff said on that subject.

On to the next victim.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:56 am

Yes it certainly is tiresome, to say nothing of boring, Steve. I've been receiving a number of off-board comments that people are avoiding the game-on threads because the gratuitous doom and gloom in the guise of objectivity is actually compromising the conviviality of the board.

I'm going to start a thread on the topic because, as moderator, I feel responsible to the best interests of the membership even though there are no rules being broken. Although I'm sure we all believe strongly in free speech, I'm being reminded by many of these comments that that right can be abused.

It's a difficult situation, and one I'm attempting to deal with as equitably as possible in fairness to everyone.

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:58 am

sam wrote:Yes it certainly is tiresome, to say nothing of boring, Steve. I've been receiving a number of off-board comments that people are avoiding the game-on threads because the gratuitous doom and gloom in the guise of objectivity is actually compromising the conviviality of the board.

I'm going to start a thread on the topic because, as moderator, I feel responsible to the best interests of the membership even though there are no rules being broken. Although I'm sure we all believe strongly in free speech, I'm being reminded by many of these comments that that right can be abused.

It's a difficult situation, and one I'm attempting to deal with as equitably as possible in fairness to everyone.

Sam

I can't imagine avoiding the Game On threads because of our little doom-spreader. It's much too good a group of extremely knowledgeable fans, a few I've been fortunate to get to know personally. I don't put Mr. Gloom in the same category as Greenkiller or a couple other imbeciles that used to pollute the BDC board who like to stick the knife in you and twist it every chance they get and without any intelligence or wit. I usually just read his posts quickly, shake my head and move on.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top