Matty
MDCelticFan
Sam
bobheckler
beat
LACELTFAN
12 posters

Go down

HOW WILL THE C'S FARE TONITE? Empty HOW WILL THE C'S FARE TONITE?

Post by LACELTFAN Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:04 pm

Will the C's have a problem tonight, playing a back to back? Have they been so focused on winning in Cleveland that they will come out flat tonight and lay an egg?...or is it enough that they are playing their home opener in front of a mob of loud, crazy C fans? Any thoughts?
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

HOW WILL THE C'S FARE TONITE? Empty Re: HOW WILL THE C'S FARE TONITE?

Post by beat Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:19 pm

LA

No way KG will let this team come out flat. If it was a mid January game maybe but not the home opener.

And if not KG no way the crowd lets them out of there with anything other than a win.

I think most fans will sort of feel like they are citizens of Rome going to the Coliseum. And will expect a rout. No prisoners ect.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:24 pm

Last year? Maybe. A combination of "it's all about me" by some players and the fact that they were the reigning champions and had a bulls-eye on their backs every night, maybe.

This year? With KG foaming at the mouth he's so happy he's back AND Sheed bringing a comparable intensity to the second unit? Not likely...

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:32 pm

Just listening to some sports talk shows this morning, I note that we're not the only ones who are pumped about the Celtics, especially after what turns out to be a pretty inspiring win last night. I'll be shocked if this crowd lacks explosiveness. Moreover, this is really a new team in many ways; and I believe they still have a lot to prove to themselves. So I think the players will be pretty jazzed.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticFan Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:36 pm

The fact that it is the Home Opener is in our favor. We'll need an extra shot of adrenalin against young Charlotte Bobcats tonight. We are in some danger of a let down since last night's game made such a statement to the Cavs & the league. I hope we wait 'til about 11pm before we exhale. Then we have the youung Bulls on Friday night. Such is NBA life!-MD.

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:51 pm

my prediction...

right now Doc rivers is trying to settle down kevin garnet.. he's totaly pumped, we just beat the cavs and now about to open the season at home..

in about 5 minutes Doc, concerned KG may be too pumped up comes up with a brilliant idea- he'll make KG watch the Princess Bride instead of practicing with the team for another 90 minutes...

during the movie KG, seeing Andre the Giant in his oscar worthy portrayal of Fezzik will be inspired and will steal and paraphrase one of Fezzik's lines from the movie as he adresses the bobcats right before tipoff:

"I AM KEVIN GARNET! THERE WILL BE NO SURVIVERS! MY MEN ARE HERE AND I AN HERE, BUT SOON YOU WILL NOT BE HERE! THE BOSTON CELTICS TAKE NO SURVIVERS! ALL YOUR WORST NIGHTMARES ARE ABOUT TO COME TRUE!!"

48 minutes later Gino will dance on the jumbo tron and underneath him will be a scene more devestating than a chuck norris clone army numbering into the millions could do..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:55 pm

The Bobcats have been a tough match up for the Celtics over the past couple of seasons. Felton is quick and strong, and Gerald Wallace always gives Pierce and Allen fits.

This season they added Tyson Chandler (a deal which I don’t get, as I think Okafor is a much better player) and have solid returners in DJ Augustin, Raja Bell and Boris Diaw.

But, the Celtics, with the addition of Marquis Daniels (who is MADE for guarding a guy like Wallace), and Rasheed stretching the floor – makes this match up less worrisome than in years past IMO.

I look for the Celtics to get a comfortable win – in the 12 to 15 point range. I will be in the Club Seats rooting them on.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

HOW WILL THE C'S FARE TONITE? Empty a more

Post by gacracker Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:13 pm

I thought that TommyH hit it right on the head in the post game that KG was missing some lift, working himself into condition and was a step slow on defense. Agreed. Not the KG of two years ago and understandably. Injury more so than age.

I didn't see the wild eyed foaming at the mouth KG at either end of the floor, particularly on defense. He looked awfully subdued to me emotionally, even the chest thumping seemed a bit less convincing, a bit less crazed... even "mellow" by KG's own standards.

Maybe that is the new KG, learning to pace himself and to pick his spots.

I can live with uttering the terms "KG" and "controlled fury" in the same breath.

It was a sight for sore eyes to see him out on the floor again... even at 75-80%. I'll take it gladly. He's got more help now than in the past and really doesn't have to ignite the team with emotional fireworks as he did before.

Sheed and others can take over responsibility for some of the pyrotechnics needed to get team and crowd involved... and us all rolling to #18.

Easy does it, KG! It's a long season and we will need you healthy and kicking ass in June.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:37 pm

GC

An injury humbles you and levels you out. An injury makes you live in gratitude when you get well.

Doc has got to protect Kg from Kg and Doc has got to unleash him on the rest of the nba.

Blake's tiger is wearin green. And he's pacing the cage.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:25 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:The Bobcats have been a tough match up for the Celtics over the past couple of seasons. Felton is quick and strong, and Gerald Wallace always gives Pierce and Allen fits.

This season they added Tyson Chandler (a deal which I don’t get, as I think Okafor is a much better player) and have solid returners in DJ Augustin, Raja Bell and Boris Diaw.

But, the Celtics, with the addition of Marquis Daniels (who is MADE for guarding a guy like Wallace), and Rasheed stretching the floor – makes this match up less worrisome than in years past IMO.

I look for the Celtics to get a comfortable win – in the 12 to 15 point range. I will be in the Club Seats rooting them on.

Raja Bell is out for awhile. Torn wrist ligament.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by House for 3 Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:42 pm

The Bobcats have given the Cs problems in recent years, as others have already pointed out. They've given the Lakers problems, too, actually. They have had another year of the Larry Brown program under their belt, so they might be surprising this year. I'm going with an easy win tonight. Marquis goes for 20.

Hf3

House for 3

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:38 pm

LAC, there may have been a let down later in the season, however tonight is; KG's return to Boston, and Sheed's, "Quis's", and Shelden's first home game. My bet is KG, PP, and Sheed will have filled the players ears with enough "get er done" stuff (sayin just for our own Jeb), and the bench guys will step up and push the starters to another level.

As KG said last night, "there's nothing like opening night". Therefore, I think we will be okay.

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down