Game-On Thread: Celtics @ Knicks in Game 4, 4/24/11

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game-On Thread: Celtics @ Knicks in Game 4, 4/24/11

Post by swedeinestonia on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:11 am

Indeed I never have and I very much want to go. Seems to be sort of the New York of Europe which would be taking away from both New York and Berlin but it was the closest I could come up with.
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Re: Game-On Thread: Celtics @ Knicks in Game 4, 4/24/11

Post by Berlin-T on Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:01 am

Hi Swede,

Many people make the comparison. Having lived in both cities myself (albeit only 3 months in NYC when I was 19 years old - I did however have a job and wasn't living there like a tourist) the only similarity that I can see is the energy in the cultural and night life. Otherwise they are completely different.

Whereas in NY life is brutish if one is poor and the noise which never stops is intolerable in Berlin one can live quite well on little money and the city itself is with few exceptions very relaxing. Almost all streets are lined with trees, about 25% of Berlin's territory consists of forests, lakes and rivers (we have more bridges than Venice - mind you they are not as beautiful). There are many street-side cafés in the summer (although if the sun is shinning and the site is protected from the wind you will see Berliners sitting outside in their overcoats drinking coffee in February) and they are well frequented.

In short Berlin is for me the most livable city that I have experienced. In two weeks I'll have lived here for 32 years.
If you decide to visit Berlin, let me know and we can get together for some Käsekuchen!

Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top