Congratulations To the Dallas Mavericks

Go down

Congratulations To the Dallas Mavericks Empty Congratulations To the Dallas Mavericks

Post by LACELTFAN on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:09 pm

World Champions this year...there is something fitting in this as they took out the last champions and also took out Miami, which I certainly enjoyed.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Congratulations To the Dallas Mavericks Empty Re: Congratulations To the Dallas Mavericks

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:05 am

I couldn't believe that I could root as hard for another team other than the Celtics, but hoorah for Dallas! I would guess it has something to do with their opponent and my extreme dislike of them!!

Dirk has paid his dues, as has Kidd, I am glad for the both of them, they deserve the ring.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Congratulations To the Dallas Mavericks Empty Re: Congratulations To the Dallas Mavericks

Post by celtic fan on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:09 am

Agreed, one of a few teams I'd have like to see win the title if it wasn't meant to be for the Celtics.

Mostly just glad it wasn't the Lakers or the Heat though.

LeBron is just clueless. He doesn't handle adversity well and money hasn't bought him a clue or class.

celtic fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:47 am

I can't recall being as happy as this about a non-Celtics championship outcomoe. The Mavs hung around near the top, never got a load of recognition, and played as a team. My in-laws lived in Dallas when the Mavs franchise began, and I went to a Mavs game (woeful team) that first year with my father-in-law. I wish he had lived to see this day.

Congratulations Mavs!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

http://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:17 am

Nice for ONE Rick Carlisle, he grew up north of here in tiny Lisbon NY, drafted by the C's with the 23rd pick of the third round after leading his U/O Virginia to an NCAA final 4 apperance in 1984. Bird said he was a smart player back then. Carlisle seemed to make the right moves at the right times. Glad he won and Pat Riley got to sit there and watch this one fall apart.

Hiring him might well be Mark Cuban's best move.

And it was pretty classy letting the original owner Don Carter have a moment with the trophy too!

Nice seeing Russ on hand to hand out a little hardwear too, that now rightfully bears his name. Although not playing the C's were well represented.

beat

Last edited by beat on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:02 am

Mavs = great players who have worked hard and paid their dues. They won as they have all year, with class.

Heat = bunch of spoiled, over hyped, coddled jerks. Eddie House and maybe Mike Miller aside, they are one of the most unlikable bunch of buffoons every assembled.

LeBron James has no class, no heart, and no ring.

The Heat celebrated before the season began like champs.
The Heat celebrated after the beating the Celtics like champs.
They never got to the REAL celebration.

Great Job Mavs!!!
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:21 am

Hi,
Congratulations, Dallas Mavericks! Well deserved trophies and rings.
Speaking about "most unlikable bunch of buffoons ever assembled" - I heard DWade's got sick and tired and wants out and one of the possible destinations for his talents is Cleveland....

...just kidding. But wouldn't it be the ultimate irony.

On the other side of the "big 3" equation is a clueless moron:
“All the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.
“They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point.”

One more thing that proves that this fiasco in Miami couldn't happened to a "nicer" guy.

Once again, job well done, Mavs.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:11 pm

I'll add my congratulations to The Mavs as well.

The most enjoyable non-Celtic win I can remember and a great series with some close games.

I'm especially happy to see Nowitski and Kidd finally get there, as well as a guy like Terry who works his tail off. This was a win for the league's "old guys" too. The Mav's championship probably cements Dirk's legacy among the greats of the game.

As a bonus, it was a pleasant surprise throughout the playoffs and after the Mav's clinched it to see Cuban show some quiet style.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:38 pm

Hi,
Just wanted to add the following. It's just great. (sorry, couldn't help it)

Congratulations To the Dallas Mavericks 595bn12
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by pete on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:08 pm

All I can say is Wow! Great game, great team.....I agree with Sam, I have never celebrated another teams win, but this one is extremely satisfying.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by beat on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Watching the futile last 2 minutes was enjoyable. Wade bouncing the ball of his foot and both he and Bron throwing up bricks.

I always like to believe things happen for a reason.

Bron did not deserve to win this....no way no how.

If his press conference is just a snipit of what he'll say this summer he needs to spend it in the mountains.....ALONE and keep his friggin big mouth shut.

We could still be in for months of intertainment, just stick a mike in front of him and ask any question.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Congratulations To the Dallas Mavericks Mistakead

Today's Miami Herald ran this add today....guess no one took the time to realize, win or lose - they could not sell these shirts today - sounds like their paper is as clueless as their basketball team.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by beat on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:37 pm

Congratulations To the Dallas Mavericks Bron_210

•Why didn't LeBron James go to college? He didn't want to show up for finals.

•Maybe LeBron should try hockey. The NHL only has three periods.

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by beat on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:57 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Congratulations To the Dallas Mavericks Mistakead

Today's Miami Herald ran this add today....guess no one took the time to realize, win or lose - they could not sell these shirts today - sounds like their paper is as clueless as their basketball team.

mrkleen...............sort of reminds me of this, from my history days

Congratulations To the Dallas Mavericks Dewey_10

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:03 pm

MrKleen,

Now that is a classic!

For those who have never seen what happens to the losers "Championship" gear, it's generally donated to poverty stricken areas in other nations. Somewhere, most likely in South America or the Carribean, there will be kids wearing "Miami Heat 2011 NBA Champions" t-shirts!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:17 pm

LOL...thanks for the laugh, beat...it couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy. Maybe one day he'll grow up and win a championship.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:29 pm

It gets even better - guy also has an online cartoon - talking about how hard it is to be Lebron

Congratulations To the Dallas Mavericks Brons2
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:00 am

beat wrote:Congratulations To the Dallas Mavericks Bron_210

•Why didn't LeBron James go to college? He didn't want to show up for finals.

•Maybe LeBron should try hockey. The NHL only has three periods.

I heard they had "Celebrate Lebron Day" in Dallas today. Everyone got to quit 12 minutes early.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:04 am

NYCelt wrote:

MrKleen,

Now that is a classic!

For those who have never seen what happens to the losers "Championship" gear, it's generally donated to poverty stricken areas in other nations. Somewhere, most likely in South America or the Carribean, there will be kids wearing "Miami Heat 2011 NBA Champions" t-shirts!

Regards

I especially like the "raise another banner" line in that ad. Now they'll say they meant if and when they add another one to the one from 2006. Because they couldn't have meant this year!

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down