beat
bobheckler
NYCelt
Sam
20 posters

Go down

Visitors Log Empty Visitors Log

Post by Sam Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:53 pm

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is the area where visitors to Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame can leave their own personal messages.

Please feel free to post your thoughts about the inductees or write a note to them.

We ask that you leave all Hall of Fame posts as replies in this area and do not start new topics. Click "Post Reply" above.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To the Board:

With the Forum well on its way toward a third year, the Administrators have decided it’s time to take a major step. We’re officially announcing the formation of Sam’s Celtics Forum Hall of Fame. Each September, Forum members who are deemed by the membership to have made significant contributions to the Forum will be inducted. The procedure, which is still evolving as we write this, will tentatively be as follows:

• Around mid-August of each year, a thread will be started, asking for nominations for that year’s candidates.

• In late August, a poll will be conducted to select the five finalists for that year.

• In September, the five top vote-getters (more in case of ties) will be declared finalists, and a poll will be run to select a
winner for that year. Each member may vote for only one candidate.

• This year, the top three vote-getters will be inducted into Sam’s Celtics Forum Hall of Fame.

• In ensuing years, the top two vote-getters will be inducted.

A separate sub-forum will be dedicated to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame. NYCelt is working on that sub-forum now.

Of particular Importance

In the inaugural year of our Hall of Fame, we have decided to induct, by acclimation, the only person who will ever be a Charter Member of the Sam’s Celtics Forum Hall of Fame. The administrators have taken the liberty of selecting our resident folk hero, good humor man, the best friend and husband a person could have, and the most prolific contributing member to the Forum (6,165 posts and counting). You all know we’re talking about John “Jeb” Johnson.

Jeb gives us so much in that unique manner of his. For one thing, we've discovered he could eat 50 eggs. To those of us who thought we knew a lot about competitive spirit and perseverance, Jeb has raised the bar to new heights. Jeb, with Dawn at his side, has been instrumental in transforming this Forum into a community of camaraderie which is defined by the kind of love that Jeb embodies.

Every Hall of Fame induction, from this day forth, will make special note of the fact that the honoree has contributed in the finest tradition of John "Jeb" Johnson . In this respect, Jeb will always be the standard of excellence...Jeb’s enduring imprint on the hearts of us, his board buddies.

Congratulations, Jeb. God bless you and Dawn, from your legion of friends at Sam’s Celtics Forum.

Proclaimed this 18th day of July, 2011

Sam, NYCelt, Gyso, Pete, 112288 and dboss on behalf of the entire membership of Sam's Celtics Board
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Visitors Log Empty Re: Visitors Log

Post by NYCelt Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:12 pm

Congratulations Jeb!

You are the perfect selection as charter member of Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame.

Just consider two simple facts...

Number of posts; only Sam himself has more.

Discussions in the Game On! forum; you are there regularly, through the season and postseason, ready to follow the game and share your thoughts with whoever drops by.

You're a great example of a board member who can give his opinion yet welcome and calmly discuss alternative ideas and opinions of others. That was the very concept of this board.

Regards,

NYCelt
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:26 pm

The annual winner is the recipient of "The Jeb" Award.

Perfect. Indescribably perfect.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:15 pm

Makes me proud to be a small part of this place.

And to Jeb, whom is the inspiration to many of us, as he continues to fight the ultimate fight, my congrants.

Not sure whom had the original idea but that guy needs a big ATTABOY too.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Awesome Jeb congrats well deserved!

Thank you Sam and the other administrators for all you doing making this such a great forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:50 pm

Congrats Jeb. As others have said, there are so many things you have brought to this place, but I decided to focus on one, "Elbow Gate"

You made that series so much fun with your take on it, and something I will always remember.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:10 am

First year charter members of the Baseball Hall Of Fame: Ty Cobb, Walter Johnson, Christy Mathewson, Babe Ruth & Honus Wagner.

First year charter members of the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame: Chuck Berry, James Brown, Ray Charles, Sam Cooke, Fats Domino, The Everly Brothers, Buddy Holly, Robert Johnson, Little Richard, Elvis Presley, Jimmy Rodgers, Alan Freed, John Hammond, Sam Phillips, & Jimmy Yancey.

First year charter member of Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame: Jeb.

Seems only fitting compared to the others.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:03 am

I think I was in the second sentence of Sam's post when I thought, "well, hell, this has got to be Jeb."

Thanks guys for making the obvious choice, and thanks Jeb for being Jeb.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:39 am

Hi,
Great choice. Great job, Jeb. Congrats!

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:45 am

awesome idea fellas!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:59 am

Jeb, you are one hellofa inspiration.

Keep pitching them high and inside!!!

Go Jeb!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:23 pm

Jeb is richly deserving of this award. Tip the cap, raise the glass & raise the roof: couldn't happen to a better fella'!

MD

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by NESportsfan12 Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:19 pm

I read more than I post here, and I've really enjoyed your often amusing, but always insightful commentary.

The obvious choice!

Congratulations,
Jeb!
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:19 pm

It will be an honor for anyone to follow Jeb. He's always makes me feel at home here, no matter how whacky my ideas get. He's the kind of board member that makes me want to be a part of the board.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:24 pm

JEB

GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOUR POSTINGS COMING!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:34 pm

Well done Sam and Congrats to Jeb.

Love and prayers to you and your family my friend.

Paul
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:06 pm

What a wonderful idea! There is no one more deserving of this award than my
friend Jeb. The posts back and forth during the course of games has been so inspiring and sometimes funny, that there were times when I would go back and read them again and again! "Did he really say that????"

The forum board has outdone themselves this time. GREAT, GREAT, GREAT.
That is all that I can say.

My heart goes out to you my friend, what a way to be remembered!!!
Bring on the season, I need some JEB quotes to make me laugh. You are
my true friend.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:25 pm

The news on this subject is not over.

Stay tuned into next week.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:29 pm

I received a message from Jeb that should be shared with the board. It deals with his Hall of Fame induction.

Sam

Here's the message:

What a beautiful, thing to do. it brought tears to my eyes. I have so enjoyed the forum and getting to know everyone. I am so honored to be the first recipient of such a lovely award.

Last edited by sam on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:47 pm

No one deserves it more Jeb, there have been times when you kept all of us laughing with your posts. Love to you and your wonderful wife, Dawn. The Celtics should be proud to have such a wonderful, devoted fan as you.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic fan Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:11 am

Great idea to start a HOF for contributing members and the selection of Jeb being the charter member of the HOF is fitting beyond words.

It's like Larry Bird receiving the ball behind the 3pt line with the shot clock running down, automatic.

celtic fan

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:18 pm

Congrats Jeb! First Ballot HOFer has a nice ring to it. A perfect fit, and well-deserved, as you are the embodiment of "convivial discussion".

Keep chugging along buddy. Hope you're digging into some good Austin food right about now. I was thinking of our day drinking/ BBQ for breakfast in Austin not long ago. Great times.

Well done with the HOF Sam. Great idea. And a great way to start it.

babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Just to be clear, NYCelt and Pete deserve a huge share of the credit for this idea and its implementation.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:06 am

Outstanding idea! I could not think of a more deserving selection as the charter member for Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame.

Everytime I checked into a game on thread a couple things were always present. The Celtics were normally winning, Jeb was always on the thread, he was giving the refs hell, and always supporting the Celtics. He would always tell me to say hello to my son and ask how I was doing. Jeb was one of the primary reasons why I kept coming back to the board last year.

Congratulations to the Jebster and to the selection committee for making the only choice.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum