HEAT Extend Offers to Martin, Przybilla

5 posters

Go down

HEAT Extend Offers to Martin, Przybilla Empty HEAT Extend Offers to Martin, Przybilla

Post by 112288 Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:02 am

via Brian Windhorst of ESPN

Basketball News & NBA Rumors

The Miami Heat, interested in any and all veteran big men who become available on the market, are in the race for two such players that could make their decisions by the end of the week.

The Heat have offered contracts to both Joel Przybilla and Kenyon Martin, their agents told ESPN.com. Przybilla is expected to make a choice between the Chicago Bulls and Heat, according to agent Bill Duffy. Martin is interested in several teams, with the Heat in the mix, according to agent Andy Miller.

Back to top Go down

HEAT Extend Offers to Martin, Przybilla Empty Re: HEAT Extend Offers to Martin, Przybilla

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:45 am

Both of these guys would be helpful to the Celtics. Kenyon Martin is a bigman that can score, rebound and play defense. Pryzbylla can rebound and clog the lane ans get his share of garbage points underneath. what a blow it would be to the Celts if Riley were able to get those 2 under contract. I thought there was a posting here or somewhere else some months back that indicated the C's had the inside track on Martin, but I could be mistaken. If Boston had a choice between Kaman of New Orleans, and Pryzbylla, I'd hope Ainge signed Pryzbylla.

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

HEAT Extend Offers to Martin, Przybilla Empty Re: HEAT Extend Offers to Martin, Przybilla

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:47 am

I liked what I saw of Jajuan Johnson in the 4th quarter vs.Toronto.

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:28 pm

We've already discussed the declining pluses and considerable minuses of Kenyon Martin. I'm not sure why the Heat would want him over what they already have as a backup SF/PF, which are younger, more athletic, more mentally stable guys.

Przybilla could help someone, but he has his own set of risks. He's only played 36 games since December 2009 when he ruptured his patellar tendon (and then reinjuring it three months later in the shower). Although he only averaged 14 minutes in those 36 games last season, his rebounding rate was good (10.1 per 36 minutes), but his scoring wasn't (4.4 points per 36 minutes). What the Heat could really use is a post presence on offense, and Przybilla won't provide that.

This sounds more like roster tinkering by the Heat than anything major.

As for Przybilla vs. Kaman for the Celtics, I think Kaman would be the better option. He's shown much more offensive capability, and that's something the C's definitely need.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:35 pm

Godzilla is a journeyman center who can't even make up his mind if he wants to play. I mean, here it is, February, and he's unsigned?

Kenyon Martin's IQ is so low he dragged down the average basketball IQ on the Nuggets by 30 points. He makes "stupid" puff out its chest in self-congratulatory pride of superiority. If he's such a prize why isn't he on George Karl's speed-dial? Nobody knows K-Mart's (I've long thought that his nickname referred to where he bought his brain) game like Karl.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:46 pm

Hey Bob:

Don't put down K-Mart. They still do lay away! (LOL)

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:36 pm

If they are still available as they appear doesn't that tell you something?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:49 pm

beat wrote:If they are still available as they appear doesn't that tell you something?

beat

beat,

In the case of Martin he was locked into his contract in China and hasn't been available. That is not true of Przybilla.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:36 pm

Bob

That's why I used IF!!

beat

PS didn't see my shawdow today..... not sure what it means other than it's been cloudy all day.
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down