observations from 11/3 vs. PHI

3 posters

Go down

observations from 11/3 vs. PHI Empty observations from 11/3 vs. PHI

Post by House for 3 Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Tommy had an up-and-down evening last night. He mistook Shelden Williams for Eddie House, which is hard to do. He did have some very good observations about the game, though. Shelden is proving to be a very capable rebounder and defender. He is definitely a 6'7.5" guy masquerading as 6'9", but he is able to get away with it because of his long arms. He does a good job challenging shots and making a strong play for rebounds. His hands are, as advertised, somewhat suspect. when he gets into the flow on offense, he seems to know what he is doing, rolling to the hoop at the right times, and showing a surprisingly good touch on his J.

One observation by Tom that I really liked is that one of the things the Cs do so well on defense is that when a guy helps over a pick and roll, they all do a great job of using one hand to potentially contest a shot, while using the other to defend the passing lane to the roll guy. so many players go after the shot with both hands, allowing for an easy drop down. The Cs get their hands on huge numbers of passes in the pick and roll. Just fantastic defense.

House for 3

Back to top Go down

observations from 11/3 vs. PHI Empty Re: observations from 11/3 vs. PHI

Post by jeb Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:24 pm

House

Shelden is well coached. It shows. It seems somebody within the Celts org SAW all these qualities in the kid. It's great for us how good he is.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:36 pm

House, I concur on the pick-and-roll defense last night. The C's seemed to constantly be both in the passing lane, and defending the shot. They did a great job of reading whether the sixers were going to shoot or pass. There was one play where both KG and Sheed were on the floor and KG had his back to the ballhandler. A pass was made and KG throws his hands up, still with his back to the ball, and nearly gets the deflection. I'm sure Sheed told him the pass was coming because there is no way KG would have known otherwise. He may not have got his hands on the ball, but the communication out there is unbelievable.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by House for 3 Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:18 pm

Another thing I noticed last night was the sound on the Comcast telecast. I suspect it was because the Sixers building was so pathetically empty, but you could hear everything on the court like they were playing in the next room. Every time the ball touched the rim it made this gigantic audible thud like it was a cinderblock. It was very different than the sound games usually had. You could hear all the talking by the players on the floor, including how much the Cs talk on D.

House for 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down