David14
mrkleen09
beat
gyso
LilRip
17 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What To Do With Baby? - Page 2 Empty Re: What To Do With Baby?

Post by beat Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:22 pm

Kelly

I agree we do NOT need a PP or a RA on the floor with the second group as constituded right now. Eddie Sheed Quis all have a leadership quality.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:27 pm

Sent the previous message before I was finished!

The "standard five guys" I was referring to earlier were intended to be Sheldon, Sheed, Davis, 'Quis and Eddie. I'm not suggesting that these be our only backups and they come in at a standard time every game, but I'd prefer to see this lineup more often than to see a constant juggling act with numerous combinations of players, some of which might not necessarily gel.

Whatever though, as long as they are winning, I'm ok with whatever they are doing!
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:13 pm

KellyGreen17 wrote:Michael I agree that Doc's philosophy since the Big Three has been to leave at least one or two starters out there, but do you really think it's because that's just how he likes it, or do you think he's done it in the past because we haven't really had a strong bench? Even in the championship season our bench really wasn't that great. They were good, much better than last year, but no where near the level of quality we have now. I don't think our bench needs to be baby-sat by the starters this year. I think we have the experience and skill to put 5 bench players on the floor at one time.
Hi KellyGreen17 -
Do i think Doc has handled subbing the way he has b/c he hasn't been this deep before? nope. i think he just prefers it that way. surely i could be wrong, but he's still handling it that way so far this year for the most part, leaving a starter in with the green team. i hope you're right, that the depth gives him more confidence in the bench, and hope Doc gives more responsibility to the 2nd unit AS A UNIT to make their mark.
the starters could use the break - it's a long season ...

Michael in Denver
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:38 pm

A lot of good posts in this thread. I agree with at least parts of almost every one. I've been so busy on the "Lakers bench" and other threads I haven't had the chance to read through it before this.

The value of platooning is the chemistry of having the same players playing together. You know where your teammates will be and will want the ball and you give it to them there. Most teams don't have the luxury of platooning since that effectively requires you to be a minimum of 10 deep. We were almost there last year. We usually had to have 1 starter playing with the bench. This year we're even deeper and can rest our entire starting team as a unit. When we bring them back in it's almost like opening tip-off again and we can blitz their less rested starters or take advantage of the larger lead our bench all-stars created for them.

As far as Davis goes, the purpose of this thread, my thought is that once he's ready he'll get situational minutes. When we need someone to spell Perk against Howard (can't put Shelden on D12, he'd get steamrolled), when we need an outside shooting PF to drag their PF away from the paint (e.g. Varajao). That has been Doc's way, as I've seen it, for a few years now. He's a "matchup coach". When asked why he liked Daniels and wanted Danny to sign him, he said something to the effect of "it was tough coaching against him because he created matchup problems".

This probably won't make Baby happy. He thought he was worth more money, he thought his performance in the playoffs earned him more minutes and a more significant role this year (we all thought it did too) and he thought he could punch someone in the head for flirting with his girlfriend.

Well, a few things have changed somewhat in your absence, Mr. Davis.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

What To Do With Baby? - Page 2 Empty What To Do With Baby?

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:18 pm

Trade him for Ben Wallace
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:26 pm

Bill Laimbeer wrote:Trade him for Ben Wallace

Detroit let Rasheed Wallace go and picked up Ben Wallace.

You own him, you got him.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:34 pm

Williams will be fine in Davis' role........Celts need a backup C....salaries match up fine
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:40 pm

Bill Laimbeer wrote:Williams will be fine in Davis' role........Celts need a backup C....salaries match up fine

This is dumb.

Ben Wallace is 35 years old, who was contemplating retirement this off-season, who makes Shaq at the line look like Calvin Murphy. His salary is $1.3M.

Glen Davis is 23 years old and is making $3M. So the salaries don't match up, not even close.

We have a backup center. He came to us from Detroit, who let him go. His name is Rasheed Wallace. We're 6-0 with him.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:45 pm

Sheed is not now nor has ever been a true C.............cap room for each makes it viable.............lack of a lane presence on the second 5 makes Ben or another big worth a look............
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:28 pm

Bill Laimbeer wrote:Williams will be fine in Davis' role........Celts need a backup C....salaries match up fine

The salaries may match up, but Glen Davis is a BYC player. BYC rules make trades in a one-for-one scenario quite impossible during the first (or Base) year.

Besides, rule one for trades is that both teams have to want to make the trade. Danny won't trade one of our best young players for a old retired player.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:36 pm

Saw Big Baby the other day.............bordering 320 pounds while inactive I would guess.

Davis is not a player one can build around, and erratic behavior coupled with immaturity make it time to sell high.

Rondo, Hudson and Giddens have upside.......last year was Davis' ceiling.
Gaining cap space in such an exchange while meeting a need for THIS season is the premise.

Going to need another big for a title run, post was what to to w/ Davis as Williams has supplanted his value. If not Ben, who do you like as an experienced and playoff tried post player?
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:40 pm

Bill Laimbeer wrote:.............cap room for each makes it viable.................

Let's see.

Both teams are over the cap.

Salaries don't match.

Davis is byc anyway.

Wallace is 35 and hasn't played well since he went to Chicago.

Davis is in his mid-20's and improving every year.

Sounds great.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:41 pm

I'm sure Ainge is texting Dumars as we speak to close that deal.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:48 pm

Detroit can absorb a 1.7 Million cap hit........Celts save that amount. And not tied to Ben.

Davis shows me no sign of improving this year, appeared to have regressed in the preseason.

And asked for alternatives to Ben, as Williams looks fine in the backup PF role and Davis as a 300+ pound perimeter player has less value in a backup role than as an emergency starter such as last year's final month.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:50 pm

Joe does not text.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by international Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:08 pm

my opinion is that we dont have to worry about it,the other teams should worry about the deep bench that we have.doc is going to fine enough minutes to those boys,in the second part of the season he will need to rest kg and perks in order to have them ready for the playoff,is going to be a long run ,that is for sure.maybe sheed could play some small forwards like torontos hedo turkoglow and ron artest.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:27 pm

what to do with Baby? trade him? i bet not - so many reasons already cited. he'll help in many spots, including but not limited to time on the floor against D Howard and Shaq.

someone said he's peaked and on his way down - i don't see that.

the attitude he brings back from this hiatus is going to be key.

Michael in Denver
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:45 am

Laimbeer

Your nothing short of the first troll here.
First trade um for Ben........trollish

Then saying you have seen him at 320 lbs?
If one attack doesn't work try another.......very trollish

Saying Davis hasn't improved this year?
MY GOD........HE HASN"T PLAYED!

Dissin C's is not in of itself wrong.
Baby made a huge blunder.
But your reasons are garbage, pure garbage.

three strikes troll

And yer OUT!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:11 am

beat wrote:Laimbeer

Your nothing short of the first troll here.
First trade um for Ben........trollish

Then saying you have seen him at 320 lbs?
If one attack doesn't work try another.......very trollish

Saying Davis hasn't improved this year?
MY GOD........HE HASN"T PLAYED!

Dissin C's is not in of itself wrong.
Baby made a huge blunder.
But your reasons are garbage, pure garbage.

three strikes troll

And yer OUT!

beat

beat,

You only counted three strikes? What To Do With Baby? - Page 2 Affraid

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:16 am

GYSO

Three's enough for me!!

Plus his avatar sucks!
There is four!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am

I have been nothing but polite and offering a response to what to do w/ Baby..................seems a trade is an option and asked for input as to whom Celts might get in return......hardly 'trollin'
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:49 am

Joel Pryzbilla might also be an option if Williams has indeed shown enough to warrant a backup PF spot and Ainge opts to move Davis.....am I the only one concerned with Glen's maturity.....seems the Celts abrass are as well.

And he did not look good in the PRE deason was my comment.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:49 am

Pre season...excuse typo....not trolling here.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:14 am

Bill Laimbeer wrote:I have been nothing but polite and offering a response to what to do w/ Baby..................seems a trade is an option and asked for input as to whom Celts might get in return......hardly 'trollin'

Bill,

Most of your posts are designed to elicit a response. They are either pure fabrications or show a total lack of any kind of understanding of how the NBA CBA works. In every case, you make a statement and offer NOTHING to back up that statement.

You never stop to answer any replies to these responses, you just forge on with another post. Being polite has nothing to do with being (or not being) a troll.

Some of your work:

salaries match up fine.

3mil vs. 1.3mil? This is an easy thing to find, player salaries. Pure fabrication.

cap room for each makes it viable.

We are over the cap and are still bound by the rules. The cap room you suggest is actually provided by a third team in a trade. The third team has to have cap room and can take on extra salary. That doesn't work in a direct 1-1 trade. Especially since Davis is BYC. Pure fabrication.

Saw Big Baby the other day.............bordering 320 pounds while inactive I would guess.

Pure fabrication. Glen showed up to training camp in the best shape of his life. 320 pounds would indicate a 40-50 pound gain in a week. Pure fabrication.

Detroit can absorb a 1.7 Million cap hit........Celts save that amount.

We are over the cap and are still bound by the rules. See my previous comment. Pure fabrication.

Davis shows me no sign of improving this year, appeared to have regressed in the preseason.

Pure fabrication. Glen picked up right where he left off from last year's playoffs, actually showed signs of mixing it up under the basket by carving out space prior to taking the shot among the big trees. I called it "creating the blue sky" and he was doing this in every game.

Did I say Pure Fabrication?

So you see, each statement by you, taken by itself, would be harmless if you took the time to stand by it and explain it to those who question it. You don't. You just go on with another provocative statement, then to another, etc.

It is the body of work that you present that may indicate Trollish behaviour. You won't last long on this board if you keep on in this way. Please slow down and take the time when others debate your statements. Otherwise it will be taken as just another lame attempt to poke the other members of this board.

gyso

Back to top Go down

What To Do With Baby? - Page 2 Empty its a big tent here!!!!

Post by gacracker Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:23 am

This poster seems polite and respectful enough. Probably won't pay the $20 dues so a short timer.

For those here who have a need to go to BDC occasionally to go after trolls, BL's presence might save you a trip or two.

You're okay in my eyes, Bill. I do have to laugh though when I think of what Double Zero did to your namesake (punched him right in the kisser) with the refs looking right at them and not whistling a foul.

Karma for sure.

gc
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next