David14
mrkleen09
beat
gyso
LilRip
17 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What To Do With Baby? - Page 4 Empty Re: What To Do With Baby?

Post by gacracker Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:42 am

Welcome aboard, Bill. You're probably not going to last but welcome anyway.

This is a message board dedicated to convivial discussions of anything Celtic in nature. The key word is convivial.

I got jumped on recently for being a "cracker" and by implications... racist. Not terribly convivial but we are all all learning what convivial really means.

Stay convivial and you will remain welcome at least as I understand things.

The Celtic way of life encourages diversity, inclusiveness and equality. You do bring some diversity. We do need to practice inclusiveness.

I am not sure exactly how that translates at a message board but perhaps we will all find out.

These are all good guys... except for me. Twisted Evil

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:50 am

gacracker wrote:Welcome aboard, Bill. You're probably not going to last but welcome anyway.

This is a message board dedicated to convivial discussions of anything Celtic in nature. The key word is convivial.

I got jumped on recently for being a "cracker" and by implications... racist. Not terribly convivial but we are all all learning what convivial really means.

Stay convivial and you will remain welcome at least as I understand things.

The Celtic way of life encourages diversity, inclusiveness and equality. You do bring some diversity. We do need to practice inclusiveness.

I am not sure exactly how that translates at a message board but perhaps we will all find out.

These are all good guys... except for me. Twisted Evil

GC

Appreciate the sentiment and hope to engage the board in positive posts and 'convivial' debate.

Your posts have been informative and well thought out, I see nothing wrong with anyone's choice of name if not profane or offensive. I do not feel yours or mine would qualify as that.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:54 am

Beat I agree with your assessment. Perhaps it's beating a dead horse to try to get him to understand the flaws in his logic...if you can call it logic. Thought I'd give it a shot, but maybe I best let it go.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:59 am

Kelly

If he continues like he started it's a matter of time. He's been called out on it and seems to have settled in a bit. That's fine leave it at that, this place is tooooo good to let a questionable one (who I think means well) bother any of us.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:04 pm

I have not insulted anyone and repect all points of view..........my opinion with Davis is not one I am alone in expressing.

Differing outlooks are what make good boards great.

As beat mentioned one more quality C might have seen the Celts advance LY and might be of benefit TY too.............I hope Big Baby can become that upon his return.

Ben Wallace was just a playoff proven vet that I thought might help....also offered Pryzbilla as an option....with Oden playing well....Portland might see fit to move him.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:08 pm

He lost me when he proposed trading 23-year old Glen Davis (he'll be 24 on January 1, 2010) for 35-year old, bricklaying Ben Wallace on the grounds that "we don't have a true backup center". Like 6'9", 240# Ben Wallace is. His defensive timing is shot because age has caught up with him and, unlike Shaq, he doesn't have the body to cover for the loss of skills.

Can you imagine actually WANTING a player that shoots 41.8% from the free throw line career? Rasheed Wallace is shooting better than that from 3 this year-to-date! Can you see putting BEN Wallace in to try and spell Perk against Dwight Howard? Sheesh.

He's just trying to unload yet another Joe Dumars mistake.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:10 pm

Bill

I would be surprised if Oden ever (career) averages a double double, he really is limited offensively. He also appears to be a bit snake bitten with the injury bug, and being that has been issues to his feet that is not good or healthy for a big. Lotta stress on them suckers.Pryzbilla is to soft and has done little this year.

Wallace is out of the question (check his recent playoff stats) tough to put up numbers when you don't get off the bench much.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:59 pm

gyso wrote:
Bill Laimbeer wrote:I have been nothing but polite and offering a response to what to do w/ Baby..................seems a trade is an option and asked for input as to whom Celts might get in return......hardly 'trollin'

Bill,

Most of your posts are designed to elicit a response. They are either pure fabrications or show a total lack of any kind of understanding of how the NBA CBA works. In every case, you make a statement and offer NOTHING to back up that statement.

You never stop to answer any replies to these responses, you just forge on with another post. Being polite has nothing to do with being (or not being) a troll.

Some of your work:

salaries match up fine.

3mil vs. 1.3mil? This is an easy thing to find, player salaries. Pure fabrication.

cap room for each makes it viable.

We are over the cap and are still bound by the rules. The cap room you suggest is actually provided by a third team in a trade. The third team has to have cap room and can take on extra salary. That doesn't work in a direct 1-1 trade. Especially since Davis is BYC. Pure fabrication.

Saw Big Baby the other day.............bordering 320 pounds while inactive I would guess.

Pure fabrication. Glen showed up to training camp in the best shape of his life. 320 pounds would indicate a 40-50 pound gain in a week. Pure fabrication.

Detroit can absorb a 1.7 Million cap hit........Celts save that amount.

We are over the cap and are still bound by the rules. See my previous comment. Pure fabrication.

Davis shows me no sign of improving this year, appeared to have regressed in the preseason.

Pure fabrication. Glen picked up right where he left off from last year's playoffs, actually showed signs of mixing it up under the basket by carving out space prior to taking the shot among the big trees. I called it "creating the blue sky" and he was doing this in every game.

Did I say Pure Fabrication?

So you see, each statement by you, taken by itself, would be harmless if you took the time to stand by it and explain it to those who question it. You don't. You just go on with another provocative statement, then to another, etc.

It is the body of work that you present that may indicate Trollish behaviour. You won't last long on this board if you keep on in this way. Please slow down and take the time when others debate your statements. Otherwise it will be taken as just another lame attempt to poke the other members of this board.

gyso

Excellent encapsulation gyso.

On top of that, he presents an absolutely laughable idea with no value to the Cs, no knowledge of the Cs' cap structure, byc issues or the CBA in general, and does it all with a smug certainty as if he were Moses coming down from the mountaintop bringing us the ten commandments.

Polite ? In his clipped, chippy, responses to everything ? With his inflammatory statements (BBD is 320 lbs.) ? Polite ? That's funny.

Bill Laimbeer is the perfect avatar b/c this person (maybe he's Martinilover on a dose of meds ?) is one of two things:

He either can't play the game (doesn't have the knowledge) so he fires up cheap shots to try to get in the mix, or he's just 100% pure troll- looking to provoke and antagonize. Either one is also a perfect description of Laimbeer the player, so it's an avatar that fits like a glove.

beat, I'm with you- if it looks like a troll, sounds like a troll and smells like a troll, well..... it's probably a troll.

Ladies and gentlemen, Bill Laimbeer, the runaway leader, and in fact the only contestant, in the race to see who will be the first person to get banned from the board.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:07 pm

If I am banned for the type of posts I have made that will be a sad statement on the site itself.

I have received inflammatory responses to posts made in goodwill, respect the views of others and appreciate opposing viewpoints.

I would request anyone feeling that way take a good look at ALL my posts.

In some cases it is OK to agree to disagree.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Bill

lets look back a bit
first post from you here.

Trade him for Ben Wallace

second

Williams will be fine in Davis' role........Celts need a backup C....salaries match up fine

No BU needed and saleries do not match.

third

Sheed is not now nor has ever been a true C.............cap room for each makes it viable.............lack of a lane presence on the second 5 makes Ben or another big worth a look............

How many teams have a true BU center? Ben is not worth any looks

fourth

Saw Big Baby the other day.............bordering 320 pounds while inactive I would guess.

Davis is not a player one can build around, and erratic behavior coupled with immaturity make it time to sell high.

Rondo, Hudson and Giddens have upside.......last year was Davis' ceiling.
Gaining cap space in such an exchange while meeting a need for THIS season is the premise.

Going to need another big for a title run, post was what to to w/ Davis as Williams has supplanted his value. If not Ben, who do you like as an experienced and playoff tried post player?

Still harping on supporting Ben W. and upping the anti on BBD.

next

Davis shows me no sign of improving this year, appeared to have regressed in the preseason.

Originally you did not even mention preseason so you edited it but PRE SEASON stats totally dismiss this.

Now your more recent forays here have been "better" and non hostile but your gunning from out of the box certainly needs to be called into question.

You don't need to insult someone directly on here to be considered a troll at least in my opinion. Throwing stuff out there to see what sticks is very troll like behavior. Throwing stuff out there, that is factually wrong to validate your point is worse.

I'm sure you can/could be a welcome addition here, but geesh at least get off the BEN wallace kick.........he is worthless to us and most teams, and will be done this time next year, heck for most reasons he is done now.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:33 pm

Thanks beat,

Essentially we just disagree on the value of Davis and his level of maturity. Options for BBD are open to discussion. I thought that was the premise of this post given its title.

I hope we all can leave it at that without personal attacks. I am not a Troll and have not denigrated the Celts one iota, in fact, I like the Celts and wish only the best for this year's team.

Appreciate your response and advice.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:34 pm

Bill

Look you made a post without reference to Ben....it's a start.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:38 pm

babyskyhook wrote:

He either can't play the game (doesn't have the knowledge) so he fires up cheap shots to try to get in the mix, or he's just 100% pure troll- looking to provoke and antagonize. Either one is also a perfect description of Laimbeer the player, so it's an avatar that fits like a glove.

bsh,

I am hoping for a third explanation. Bill Laimbeer has said that he has been to other boards. Maybe he learned at those other sites that you are supposed to be "all provocative and up in other's members faces" when you post on a foreign board. It may be learned behaviour. He might have taken notice that that style doesn't play here and perhaps has made adjustments. Time will tell.

He may have underestimated the knowledge base of this board. Your involvement in this board adds to that knowledge base by giving us a perspective from a fan from not only another team, but from a team that is our historical rival.

We want this to be a TF forum. It is also a no-BS forum. If you propose a stupid trade offer, you will be called on it, whether is is based on player comparisons, CBA cap rules or whatever.

BTW, I enjoyed your rant in another thread on towel boy Sasha. Now don't be suggesting any kind of trades involving him for Glen Davis!!! What To Do With Baby? - Page 4 Icon_rolleyes

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:43 pm

I think you boys are just hopped up on a hate buzz cause of that gawd awful picture.

Dag...I hope I never get in yalls cross hairs.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:45 pm

Thanks jeb, appreciate the outlook.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:10 pm

[quote="gyso"]
babyskyhook wrote:

We want this to be a TF forum. It is also a no-BS forum. If you propose a stupid trade offer, you will be called on it, whether is is based on player comparisons, CBA cap rules or whatever.

BTW, I enjoyed your rant in another thread on towel boy Sasha. Now don't be suggesting any kind of trades involving him for Glen Davis!!! What To Do With Baby? - Page 4 Icon_rolleyes

gyso

I have no problem with a crackpipe idea once in a while, but when called out on it, to respond in an arrogant tone with a steady stream of made-up non-facts is my issue. Humility goes a long way in my book. Time will tell on the troll question. Actions speak louder than words.

As for Sasha, yes, I was hoping LA could trade him to you guys and get the first round pick back that they had to send to the Cs when that little biyatch Gary Payton refused to report to the Cs. You know, the pick that the Cs then sent to Atlanta, which then got sent to PHX, which then became:

RAJON RONDO!!!

I'm sure Danny would love to make that deal, as the Cs have a real need for Sasha, the salaries match, there's no BYC issues and the Cs would get tons of capspace out of the deal. cheers cheers cheers

In all seriousness, it is a bitter irony for me that the Cs got Rondo courtesy of the Lakers thanks to Gary Payton (my other most hated Laker ever) being a tool.

OUCH!
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:23 pm

I continue to take the high road and appreciate your opinion.

I see no arrogance in my posts but respect your outlook. I will say that in 16 hours on this forum I have received more disparagement than in a lifetime on others. I do see a knowledgeable group and hope we can put this behind us.

In order for the forum to grow acceptance of diverse opinions is a prerequisite. I hope to be a part of that growth.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:34 pm

Bill

Hang in there. If you are a troll it aint gonna go well for you here.

The thing is doode. These guys on this forum are serious hoops heads. You got to do the research and roadwork to box in this forum.

I been a hoop freak my whole life and I feel CONSTANTLY humbled here. But it is a fine fine group of people. Serious talk.

Any old way.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:40 pm

jeb65 wrote:Bill

Hang in there. If you are a troll it aint gonna go well for you here.

The thing is doode. These guys on this forum are serious hoops heads. You got to do the research and roadwork to box in this forum.

I been a hoop freak my whole life and I feel CONSTANTLY humbled here. But it is a fine fine group of people. Serious talk.

Any old way.

Jeb

Thanks, jeb, the feedback is appreciated.

Never enter a forum to 'box'..........not a 'troll' (someone please define and make distinction within my posts)....and look forward to an exchange of ideas, opinions and pleasantries. I don't feel being down on Davis as a result of personal decisions HE made makes ME evil or troll like.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:44 pm

Bill Laimbeer wrote:

If pressed to evaluate Detroit my feeling....and it is just that......is that the free agents signings Joe made this often were misguided and Detroit would have been better served enduring a lost season, gaining a high pick in 2010 and using their available cap dollars next off season.

This is a good post. Smart strategy, factual and presented in good way.

It's VERY different from the original string of "Ben Wallace to the Cs for BBD" posts on every level.

Your posts today seem to be coming from a very different place than those from yesterday, which is a good thing.

Maybe gyso is right about you bringing a style to this board from others you have visited and underestimating the knowledge base on this board, and that you are in the process of adjusting now that you've realized that style doesn't play here.

I hope that's the case, because otherwise I just wasted way too much of my time on this. BUt it seems like a good possibility, and if it is, you will be welcomed here, because it is a good group of people who enjoy hearing views from the other side, such as your post above.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:46 pm

Bill

Inre boxing and such. I got a funny way of talking. Just a metaphor...or is it a noun?

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:49 pm

Bill

Oh yeah. On Davis. I guess I am forgivin having had a few drunken scraps in my young guy past.

There are enough tough guys on that team who LEAD that if Davis floats up anything but hunger and effort he will reap the whirlwind or if you prefer pay the "ten mile tow in" at practice and within his own team.

I think Glen will be fine and Shelden is playing so well the practice scene is going to be epic.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:58 pm

Hey Sam - do we have an IGNORE button here? Laughing
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:31 pm

Perhaps the name change and new avatar will help..............lol

Used Laimbeer on many forums for years without incident.........we'll try another mentor from Vegas.

Go Celts !
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:59 pm

JT said "not a 'troll' (someone please define and make distinction within my posts)...."

Jerry, beat had already done that, where he said above your post, "You don't need to insult someone directly on here to be considered a troll at least in my opinion. Throwing stuff out there to see what sticks is very troll like behavior. Throwing stuff out there, that is factually wrong to validate your point is worse." Your posts already have been very thoughtfully and carefully dissected and seem to meet this definition.

trying to pin the problem on your fellow posters only digs the hole deeper. instead of insisting there's nothing wrong here except an intolerant forum, why don't you say that you got off on the wrong foot, or (better) say that you made some assertions that you want to withdraw ... knowing the guys here for a while, i'd bet taking a little ownership and responsibility yourself would clean the slate for a fresh try just fine.

but of course, you're free to maintain your current stance of "this board will be great if it tolerates my opinions voiced as i choose to say them". ... up to you.

Michael in Denver

PS - Laimbeer was a mentor ?? Oh My ...

Last edited by bigpygme on Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next