Anybody having issues posting today?

+4
Sam
Jerry Tarkanian
beat
KellyGreen17
8 posters

Go down

Anybody having issues posting today? Empty Anybody having issues posting today?

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:01 pm

It seems every time I post a reply on a thread today I can no longer read the previous few posts. I have to logout and log back in to view the updated posts and see my last posted message. Is anybody else experiencing these issues, or know of a remedy?
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Anybody having issues posting today? Empty Re: Anybody having issues posting today?

Post by beat Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:02 pm

Not me!
All seems to be working fine.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Anybody having issues posting today? Empty Re: Anybody having issues posting today?

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:04 pm

Hmm...I can see who has posted last on a thread, but when I go to view it, the only post there is mine. It happened with this thread too. Had to log off and back on to see your reply.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:09 pm

No issues here............am running a redundant high speed internet connection with two providers.....perhaps it's an ISP issue.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:27 pm

Sorry that's happening Kelly. I'm having no problems, and I'm on an island where my provider was offline all night and is sporadic now. Maybe Pete or Gyso or NYCelt can figure it out. They're the technical gurus on this board.

Just out of curiosity, when it happens, have you tried hitting the Function 5 button that refreshes threads?

I hope the problem goes away.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:32 pm

kelly,

On the top of the main list, just above Hot Topics, there are (3) choices, View Answered Posts, View Your Posts, View Unanswered. Try selecting a different choice & see if this helps.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:38 pm

Kelly

You can also refresh by clicking on the Celtic LOGO on the top left of the page. That will take you to the home page.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:52 pm

I have tried all the options you guys listed, thanks for the suggestions. I'm still having issues though. It may be the computer I'm using, I'll have to try from home tonight and see if that does the trick. It seems the first time I read a thread I can view everyone's responses, and then if I go from the thread to Hot Celtics and Basketball Topics and then back into the thread, everything is gone. For instance, as I write this now, I can only see my original post, none of the reponses.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:05 pm

Kelly,

You can try one more thing if you haven't already, there is a delete forum cookies choice, lower right of screen.

In addition to that, you can delete the browser cache & cookies for this site in the web browser you are using.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:07 pm

KG17,

If you are at work, perhaps the IT guys there have made some settings for the internet that are causing you to have those results.

It may be the age or the computer and/or the browser. I had problems on the BDC board with my old computer. It had Windows 2000 with the latest possible Internet Explorer (IE) upgrade. I switched to a new "refurbished" computer with Windows XP Pro and the problems went away.

As you say, check it out at home and see if it makes a difference.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:35 pm

Thanks guys. Pete I did the delete cookies so we'll see if that helps.

GYSO, you may be right about IT here at work. I do have a fairly new computer, and I think we are running on the newest version of IE. If not, there's nothing I can do about it!

It's a problem I can work around but I do appreciate all your help. I'm glad nobody else is having issues. And if I can't post, I can still read, so I think I'll survive! Thanks again!
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:36 pm

FYI, I think deleting the cookies did the trick. My last post went through without a hitch and I can read all the posts. Thanks Pete!
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:39 pm

Kelly,

Glad it is solved! Post away.......

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:44 pm

Pete and gyso-

what I have found happening to me lately is that if I write a lengthy post (which, for better or worse, I frequently do), when I try to send it, I have to log back in first, but after logging in I am presented with a blank reply box. In other words, I lose everything I've written if I don't copy the post first and then paste it in once I have been re-logged into the system.

Any ideas for a solution besides what I am doing now ?

PS- when I log in, I uncheck the "always log me in automatically box". MIght that have anything to do with it ?

PSS- this doesn't happen if I am shooting off a quick post like this one. It posts with no problem.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:51 pm

babysky,

Try the automatic log on, also, sometimes your internet connection will time out with no activity, which is what it sounds like. This may be a setting in your router. This is a common issue with people who use web mail as well.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:58 pm

Sky,

If that happens occasionally but not always, you may be experiencing the phenomenon we explain at the beginning of each "game-on" thread. The forum requires 10 seconds between posts. If you post within 10 seconds of when another person posts, it may not accept your post, and it prints a small message above your post to that effect. Possibly you didn't notice the message and felt you had to log in again; and, when you did that, you lost your message. But, in reality, you didn't have to log in again. All you had to do when it didn't accept your post the first time was to wait the 10 seconds and click on "Save" until your original message posts.

Most of us (especially the longer posters) experienced this at some point in the process. It happens when people are posting fast and furiously (as on the "game-on" thread). And we've been noticing a pretty heavy level of posting volume under normal conditions lately.

I, better than anyone, know how frustrating it is to lose a long, hopefully thoughtful post. So the first rule when it doesn't post is do not log in again. Instead, look for the little message. The second rule is cliick on "Save" a few times.

Perhaps you knew all that and it's something else. But, having once almost thrown my computer out the window in frustration, I thought I'd mention it.

The forum does have a few idiosyncrasies, but we hope the content and fun is worth living with them.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:25 pm

Sam

Do some of the fellas have computer skills? Or is everyone as dopey cromag as me?

Seems like somebody is working hard to improve stuff here.

Jeb

Hows the fruity drink sippin?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:59 pm

Jeb,

This site would not exist without the technical skills, huge intelligence, common sense, and good will of NYCelt, gyso and Pete. And we've just added a fourth administrator, dboss, who is setting up Excel to automate the advanced stats that are temporarily in limbo until that program is finalized next week when I return.

The fruity drinks are fine, but the umbrellas keep going up my nose.

Last night, I held a "sort of" grandchild in my arms. He's the new son of a Bahamian man for whom I was guardian when he was a kid. He couldn't get into school in Nassau, so he would live in my Boston-area house during the school year and my younger daughter would live in his Nassau house during the summer (nine people, three bedrooms, and a can and the backyard for a toilet). I'll trade an umbrella up the nose for that experience any day.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Sam

Well I just got the computer I post on and am looking forward to learning how to use the damn thing.

Kindve a rough vibe on the board today.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:11 pm

Jeb,

Yeah, the vibe was unfortunate. It will happen occasionally, but it's still unfortunate.

I came in on it late because I was trying to have a little fun. Spent much of the afternoon (including a power outage) on it, which didn't thrill me.

I believe it's over now. In fact, I guarantee it's over (one way or another).

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:18 pm

Well apologies for my part. Tryin to make it right. This is the first time I have felt this kind of negative stuff or vibe over here and it dont feel good.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down