3's and the charity stripe....loss number 1

+2
mrkleen09
LACELTFAN
6 posters

Go down

3's and the charity stripe....loss number 1 Empty 3's and the charity stripe....loss number 1

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:10 pm

To Sum up: Phoenix beat up Boston at the 3 point line and on the freethrow line....not pretty.
I might add...I didn't buy it when the media seemed to be ignoring the C's somewhat in their predicting before the season started and I didn't buy it when suddenly the C's were sliced bread. Still 6-1 is not bad....What can they take away from this loss if anything?

Last edited by LACELTFAN on Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

3's and the charity stripe....loss number 1 Empty Re: 3's and the charity stripe....loss number 1

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:18 pm

And the Refs called ZERO charge/block calls our way, and they let Steve Nash get away with traveling, moving picks and the list goes on and on.

Biggest thing to me is that Doc went with a non-performing second unit, especially Eddie House for too long in the 4th. Should have had the starters back in at the 9 min mark, not the 7 min mark.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

3's and the charity stripe....loss number 1 Empty Re: 3's and the charity stripe....loss number 1

Post by jeb Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:27 pm

lotta movin picks kleen. They hurt us with them too. Still we got to figure out that 3 ball. Sometimes they just hit em.

And sheed's were not goin. If he had just hit one of those it might have turned it.

Richardson killed us and amare as well. Nash is a great guard and a gym rat.

BAck to earth I guess.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:37 am

Exactly, Jeb...back to earth. People tend to get caught up in the media hype, I think but essentially nothing has changed since the season started IMHO. I think the Celtics got off to a faster start then anticipated. Now things will settle a little and the Lakers will improve, and several teams will start to pull away from the rest.
Nice to start 6-1 though...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:34 pm

They set the pace & we fell into it. I view it as a learning experience & hopefully we will adjust when faced with this again. It is too much pressure to go undefeated, or to have a winning streak. Now back to earth & smart ball I hope.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:15 pm

Hey guys-

I didn't see the game but looked from the boxscore like PHX was attacking the rim (esp JRich and Amare) and the Cs weren't. And they hit 3's.

Sheed was bound to have an 0 from 3pt line game, given that he's been hitting almost all of them so far.

Looked like a bit of a running game but not a track meet, which makes sense given the two extremes of tempo at which these teams will usually play.

PHX is s lot better than I thought they would be this year. I thought they would be on the playoff bubble, but given their start, and the fact that they could beat the Cs, I'm now assuming they'll easily be a playoff team, maybe as high as a 4 or 5 seed, depending on their health vs the Spurs and others.

Did you guys feel this was a game that the Cs just mailed in (like Lakers v Dallas last week), or were they just tired after 3 games in 4 nights ?
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:35 pm

Sky

Didnt feel mailed in to me. They tried. The Suns just set the tempo and looked pretty damn good doin it. We couldnt slow em down and Richardson's athleticism just poleaxed us.

I dont know if you ever played Sky but sometimes the other fellas just hit their shots.

I am concerned about two things. 1.) Our perimeter d (on pick and pops and 3's) 2.) We are making some pretty middlin players look like all stars on d.

The Suns look good to me. Everybody on the same page. Tons of effort. Not enough horses to make noise but they will beat some good teams and be real fun to watch.

We did look a bit tired but that didn't beat us in my opinion.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:46 pm

jeb65 wrote:

2.) We are making some pretty middlin players look like all stars on d.

Jeb-

I didn't quite catch that one.

do you mean the Cs weren't running their offense right and so they made the Suns seem to be playing better defense than they really were ?
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:48 pm

sky

as bad as it looked we were in the game with 5-6 minutes to go and even at the minute mark had a chance till Nash nailed a trey to put it on ice by 7.

good effort + poor exicution = loss to a good team

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:14 pm

Got it.

I saw the Nash 3 on Sportscenter this am while recovering from too much red wine last night.

Nash is a flat out baller. Great guy, too. I first met him after a really tough loss to the then-underdog Lakers in the playoffs that put PHX in a 3-1 hole. He could not have been nicer or more gracious. Just a true class act. Made it easier to take when PHX came back and won in 7.

He wanted to get into making small films, so I met with him a few times to give him some advice on how to go about setting something up, and he is always a completely normal, down to earth, regular guy. He's got a small production company now and is making some documentaries. They just did one for ESPN's 30 for 30 series.

He's as good a guy as you'll meet. So I'm always happy to see him do well.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:20 pm

Here's a link to the film. I love the sound of it- really inspiring.

http://30for30.espn.com/film/into-the-wind.html
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Sky

Some euro dude I never heard of on the wolves lit us up for (pecherov) 24 then last night Jared Dudley and Jrich really hurt us. I know Richardson has skills but if we cant stop him what are we goin to do with Kobe.

I concur on nash...never met him but total gym rat. Seems like a force for good.

My wife works in the doc world sometimes.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:58 pm

And Sky on the red wine I will refer you to the post you sent me the nite I was sippin in Sf. So atta boy.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down