Rondo up and running

5 posters

Go down

Rondo up and running Empty Rondo up and running

Post by dboss Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:24 pm

I can understand why some people think that Rondo is arrogant. But he is my favorite player on my favorite team.

Take last night's post game interview.

He was asked about the rest that the team had and whether it helped the team.

Rondo replied that it was good for the 'old guys' In other words the stretch of 8 games in 12 days was not an issue for him BUT the old guys needed some time to revitalize themselves. But not Rondo...He is always ready to run..

He was also asked about William and his back problem. Rondo replied that he also had a bad back. In other words, I'm as good if not better than William with or without a bad back.

Rondo says exactly how he feels about things. and his actions speak louder than words.

Last night on several occasion there is Rondo with the ball ahead of everyone, he slows down and waits for his teammates to catch up before running the offense. On defense there he is flicking those long fingers at the ball as Williams tries to run a play, harassing him, looking for a steal. An opportunist he is. So deliberate he is. Little by little putting his stamp on this team.

He wants to run all the time at breakneck speed but then he remembers that the old guys have old legs and simply cannot keep that quick of a pace. There is a great pass and another alleyopp to KG who flushes it with two hands and falls to the floor to brace his fall. There he is with 3 seconds left in the quarter and he goes coast to coast for a layup. There he is dribbling out and reversing to go in for a layup. There he is again fighting for a rebound down low with the big timber. There he is the stoic Rondo making another statement for immortality on the basketball court. There he is, a guy that defies physical limitations. A player that respects the 3 big concept but knows that he is the one who passes out the candy.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Rondo up and running Empty Re: Rondo up and running

Post by pete Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:40 pm

dboss,

Nice post. I can really see Rondo thinking that way.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:56 pm

dboss,

When the Three Amigos have faded into the sunset, I expect one of the silver linings to be that you, I and others like us will get to see the racehorse basketball we savor. In the meantime, one of the most amazing things about Rondo is that he's becoming such a force without utilizing his most unique skill (open court basketball) more than occasionally.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:42 pm

dboss,

Well put.

Rondo is showing confidence that borders on cocky. Perfect. When you stop and think about it that's the exact attitude he needs to be able to function with a bunch of older, all-star teammates. Furthermore, he's showing the goods to back the attitude up.

To me, Rondo's detractors have missed the point and will soon end up falling silent. All the talk about his being nothing without a better outside shot...but then they miss the fact that he rebounds like a power forward, plays lock-down defense, distributes the ball in an uncanny style that is getting more sharp and accurate with each passing game and gets to the rim and finishes like lightning. The oft criticized foul shooting is improving as well. I'll go with Sam's sentiment that it would be nice to see a unit on the floor that could get out and run with him.

There are very few point guards active today that I'd swap for Rondo, and that number is coming down fast.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiorelladad Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:43 am

If I had to choose a PG to swap him with I would go with Chauncey and not Paul. To our ball club a strategist like Billups would be a better fit than Paul with his scoring.

I think that part of Rondo's play is what's coming to the surf this year. He's always had his speed and his moves, but now he's actually reading the defense like a shark smells blood, his passes are surgical in timing and target & his ability to swipe and cut passing lanes is like seeing a cat play with a lizard.

That said I would not swap Rondo at all. He's thinking like Billups and he's only 24. His potential is untapped. Now that is a scary thought.
fiorelladad
fiorelladad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down