https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TNjUWLHA2rc

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday Dave Cowens Empty Re: Happy Birthday Dave Cowens

Post by beat Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:42 pm

Bob

Hondo will always be my altime favorite as I did not see Cousy and only Russ his last 3-4 years.

Bird would be second but a very close third was Dave Cowens. No one left it on the floor like him and that clip above where he pokes the ball away from the big O and dives for it is my all time favorite hustle play.

Just one tough SOB. Career was too short but with the way he played not to be unexpected.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:01 pm

beat wrote:Bob

Hondo will always be my altime favorite as I did not see Cousy and only Russ his last 3-4 years.

Bird would be second but a very close third was Dave Cowens. No one left it on the floor like him and that clip above where he pokes the ball away from the big O and dives for it is my all time favorite hustle play.

Just one tough SOB. Career was too short but with the way he played not to be unexpected.

beat

beat,

I tried to find a video of Cowens blasting Mike Newlin over the scorer's table, but couldn't find one.

Bummer.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:14 pm

bobheckler wrote:
beat wrote:Bob

beat

beat,

I tried to find a video of Cowens blasting Mike Newlin over the scorer's table, but couldn't find one.

Bummer.

bob

Newlin after he flopped the first time............ Cowen's face musta been as red as his hair!! " NOW THAT"S A BLEEPIN FOUL !!! "
\
beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:07 pm

Guy was an incredible rebounder, best defender of his era, could guard any position all over floor, just a fierce dynamic competitor with skills, but loved doing the dirty grunt work.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:56 pm

Probably the all-time best example of a "lunch-bucket" type of player. He could outplay some of the more talented forwards of his time simply because he wanted it more. They always talked about him being undersized for his position but all he would do was hustle and win. Would have made a good defensive end for The Patriots; one entertaining player.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:38 am

Cowens is my favorite post-Russell Celtic. Just love the way he played the game.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down