Celtics Not interested In Trade Per Boston Globe

2 posters

Go down

Celtics Not interested In Trade Per Boston Globe Empty Celtics Not interested In Trade Per Boston Globe

Post by 112288 Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:27 pm

Sources: Celtics not interested in Nocioni
Link|Comments (7)Posted by Gary Washburn November 17, 2009 04:00 PM
An ESPN report Tuesday morning stated that the Celtics, Philadelphia 76ers, and Sacramento Kings had discussed a trade that would send Tony Allen, Brian Scalabrine, and disgruntled Sacramento forward Kenny Thomas to Philadelphia, J.R. Giddens and Philadelphia's Samuel Dalembert to Sacramento, and sharp-shooter Andres Nocioni to Boston.

According to two sources, there has been no discussion from the Celtics' side on this deal, and one of those two sources said the Celtics have not reached out to Sacramento about inquiring about Nocioni. The issue for Boston is the length of Nocioni's contract. He is signed through 2012 with a team option for 2013. This is no way the Celtics, with decisions regarding Ray Allen and having just committed $55 million to Rajon Rondo, are going to take on that kind of money.

Not to say Boston couldn't use a gusty outside shooter, but not with a lengthy contract and could eventually serve as hindrance to other deals. So in this case, it's not the player, but the contract and money. The Celtics passed on signing James Posey for the same reason.

Back to top Go down

Celtics Not interested In Trade Per Boston Globe Empty Re: Celtics Not interested In Trade Per Boston Globe

Post by NYCelt Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:36 pm

I don't know about you, but I always get a laugh out of these situations. A team denies any interest even though specific players and destinations have been named. Especially when three teams are involved.

It sure looks like somebody sporting a shamrock logo has at least been in on the discussion.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Celtics Not interested In Trade Per Boston Globe Empty Re: Celtics Not interested In Trade Per Boston Globe

Post by 112288 Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:49 pm

NYCelt wrote:112288,

I don't know about you, but I always get a laugh out of these situations. A team denies any interest even though specific players and destinations have been named. Especially when three teams are involved.

It sure looks like somebody sporting a shamrock logo has at least been in on the discussion.

Regards

Would not be too surprised. Perhaps this is also a wake-up call to everyone. You know Danny did this with Rondo over summer.

Have a great night NY Celt 112288

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down