Outside
Sam
tjmakz
steve3344
cowens/oldschool
20 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

The Lakers' Season after Starting 1-4  - Page 8 Empty Re: The Lakers' Season after Starting 1-4

Post by beat Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Cow

will the Knicks get to 120 or 130?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

The Lakers' Season after Starting 1-4  - Page 8 Empty Re: The Lakers' Season after Starting 1-4

Post by beat Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:08 pm

Laker D has forced 2 Knick turnovers and it's almost the 1/2 !!
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:28 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:WOW Melo killing Lakers, Lakers gave up 41 points in the first quarter!!! why does D'Antoni look stunned whenever reporters question his defensive awareness/strategy? his defensive reputation is well deserved.

Nobody would have stopped the Knicks in the 1st quarter.

The Lakers pg's are making NOTHING happen on offense.
3 straight possessions Duhon gave up his dribble 3 feet past the 3 point line and had to pass the ball.
Can't he make an effort to drive to the basket?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:41 pm

beat wrote:Cow

will the Knicks get to 120 or 130?

beat

they might be going for 145

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:42 pm

this is almost a Game ON! for a lakers- knicks game???

c'mon guys, what have we become?

the Lakers are the enemy- my disdain for the building of the heat a few seasons almost made me forget that.. everything else is short term- the 76ers have been rivals from time to time.. but eventualy even we wanted them to Beat L.A.!

Detroits Bad Boys (and whatever Rodman was) were short term rivals in the late 80's.

The cavs with Lebum where sort of rivals too there for a number of yrs.

the Heat are todays hotshots, the love child of the media.. the knicks the current hot shots waiting to take our place- nothing more.

the the real deal in the NBA is Celtics- Lakers

its what Andre vs Hulk was to pro wrestling

what Michibitch's vs Ohio state is to college football

its democrats vs republicans

its taste great vs Less filling

its mary ann vs ginger

its ford vs Chevy

its ronald reagun vs communism

its God vs the devil

its KK VS AK suited in poker

IT is the rivalry, its the maincourse in the NBA, everything else is a sidedish.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:43 pm

and its nice to see them lakers down by 19...
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:45 pm

old slow team and they brought in a coach who wants to score 120 points a night, that ain't happening- Charles Barkley

Last edited by cowens/oldschool on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:49 pm

Howard a cheapshot artist can't believe they didn't give him a flagrant for that takedown of Melo

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:03 pm

21 pts game with more than 2 minutes left in the third and new York has 92 points...

fun to know the lakers are squirming (sorry to our Laker brethern here on the board)
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:50 pm

even Dwight Howard is so ineffective, Kinicks scrambling without Melo for most of second half, he was ready to for 50.... with a minute or so left in 4th and Knicks clinging to 4-5 point lead, Knicks contolled ball for more than a minute on offensive backtaps kept alive by Chandler.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:14 am

Hey TJ

It wasn't just nobody playing the Knicks last night it was the LAKERS !!

beat

Last edited by beat on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:31 am

Beat, I didn't think anyone disliked the Lakers as much as I do, but you are beginning to make me wonder.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:44 am

Tardust

Can't stand them period. Nothing more to add. Right behind a Celtic win in the things I like is a Laker loss.

beat

And Matty I could not agree more. Until the Knicks prove themselves worthy.. (not James Worthy) ( I did that for MD) they are not even on my radar .... yet.

It's the LAKERS for crying out loud.... no true Celtic fan could ever root for um regardless of whatever the circumstances at least that is my opinion!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:08 am

Hey, guys, here's an idea. Let's compile a list of struggling teams in the NBA and systematically kick them when they're down. That's the true spirit of the game, right? Better yet, let's do it so incessantly that it seems as though we have nothing more constructive to come up with.

We have Lakers fans on this board, and they tend to focus on making reasoned and civil posts regardless of the current state of the Celtics or Lakers. Some good-natured give-and-take is an obvious hallmark of a forum such as this. But, frankly, as a moderator on this board, I'm sensing a mob bullying, "load it on" mentality in this thread. That really doesn't represent what's best about pro basketball or about being a rabid Celtics fan.

And please don't feed me the tired "all in good fun" bull; I'm here to say that's not the way a reasonable person would perceive some of this stuff. It has to be leading directly to a feeling of futility of our Lakers fan members at retaining their membership. And it's just plain not nice.

We rebelled against it when trolls on BDC were constantly flaming the Celtics. This board of pilgrims was created in the spirit of conviviality and knowledgeable exchanges. Which of those two factors is represented by this thread?

Thanks, and go Celtics!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:10 am

About the Lakers - Given that they can't stop the pick and roll, they need to start playing a zone defense.

I agree with Sam that it's time to stop the Laker bashing. I have always rooted against them since they are a threat to the Celts lead in NBA championships. However I have always respected them enormously. For decades they have been the most worthy opponent the Celts - who ARE the greatest team in NBA history - have ever faced. In fact, other than the 1958 St. Louis Hawks with Bob Petit, they are the only team to beat the Celts in an NBA Finals for a championship.
The 58 Hawks by the way won against an injured Bill Russell, with Bob Petit who scored 50 points in the final Game 6, and two former Celts - Easy Ed Macauley and Cliff Hagan - on board.

Getting back to the Lakers, Kobe has been playing his heart out and he deserves huge props for playing at a high level through serious adversity.

Last edited by worcester on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:33 am

I've always said that, although I obviously root for the Lakers to lose to the Celtics, the Celtics tradition and accomplishments would have meant much less if not for the great tradition of rivalry with the Lakers.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:45 am

I agree with Sam and Worcester. It's one thing to critique a performance, it's another to chortle at it. Enough, I say. Your point has been made, your views are well known. Let's be convivial, the etymology comes from 'com', meaning together and 'vivere', meaning to live.

The Lakers' Season after Starting 1-4  - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3N-SxDdjBqC3gK2GBQE-0SGTB9vE9LHWDyLiNF2EL4i_mj3hGpQ

I watched the first 3 quarters of the game last night and then decided against renting the bar stool for the last quarter. Nothing against the game, it was just time to go.

I now understand TJ's lament about not having anybody who can run an offense. There was just about zero offensive execution in the first half for the Lakers. 13 assists for the game by the Lakers. They'd get the ball and shoot if from wherever they were at the time. 28' shots were taken, even though there was nobody between them and the rim for 10', and that included Kobe. Defensively, they gave up 69 points in the first half.

The second half, however, they looked much better. They played with more energy, more passion, more pride. They sliced a 22 point Knick lead down to single digits, and then it ballooned up again, as often happens as the other team rallies back. Then they got a break with Anthony going down with an ankle sprain.

Ebanks looked good. I predict he's going to start ahead of Jamison as they go small, until Gasol comes back. Ebanks is the type of athletic player that plays well in Antoni's system.

I cannot for the life of me understand what Jodie Meek's problem is.

Kobe played 44 minutes and they play again tonight in Washington. Not good if you're a Laker fan, he is playing way too many minutes. When he came out of the locker room after halftime he had a wrap around his waist for back spasms. Obviously, if Kobe is impaired the Lakers are looking over a deep chasm. I don't understand why Antoni kept him in the game in a game that was out of reach. Kobe had 6 of the team's 13 total assists. Gotta give Kobe some props for that. He shot, of course, but he also tried to involve others (at least, in the 3rd quarter he did. In the first half he was Me-balling, and that didn't work).

The Lakers' Season after Starting 1-4  - Page 8 Mf0e1m-b781038370z.120121213225234000gge1bkpdm.1

TAFKARA played good D on Melo, VERY good in fact, in the half court. Full court, he had the same problem the rest of the Laker team has, they're slow.

From the Knicks side, they look really, really good. My God, they can shoot! They also ran well, passed well, executed well. They would have beaten almost every team last night. They had 16 fast break points. That's quite a few. They only had 6 TOs. That's excellent. They had 10 steals. Some of that was Laker sloppiness but most of them were off of quick hands stripping the ball and getting deflections. Mike Woodson has them playing really, really well.

To Hell with the Lakers, I'm worried about the Knicks now. The way the Knicks are playing we might not make it out of the east.

1. Knicks
2. Heat
3. Brooklyn
4. Every other EC team between us and the EC Finals.
5. The eventual winner in the WC, regardless of who they are.

There's my Hate List.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:05 pm

What a good writer you are Bob. You just need to be syndicated. Unlike others of us who are in the Syndicate.

Last edited by worcester on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : sp)
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:30 pm

I will respond to bob's comments about the game last night but I am too sickened to care about the NBA or the Lakers right now after reading about what happened in Newtown, CT this morning.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:42 pm

tjmakz wrote:I will respond to bob's comments about the game last night but I am too sickened to care about the NBA or the Lakers right now after reading about what happened in Newtown, CT this morning.

me too, the world has gone mad.....those poor kids and people in that town, everyone give your kid a special big hug today/tonight, call your father or mother and tell them how much you love them......

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:02 am

This is one of the cruelest, most heart wrenching events ever. Why? God bless those beautiful children and the adults who tried to protect them. It all makes me very, very sick.

Basketball takes a backseat tonight.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:22 am

Most mass shootings have involved gunmen on psychoactive drugs...a fact rarely talked about by the media since Big Pharma is such a big advertiser. Columbine shooters on prescription drugs... The list goes on and on...
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:07 am

worcester,

I agree. Its amazing to watch a commercial for medications and then see all the possible side effects, scary stuff. Its so beyond my ability to comprehend someone doing something like this. My heart breaks for those families.

In addition, I watched KG and the other players hugging Mchale last night, a very powerful moment which highlights what is most important in life. I'm sure his sorrow was magnified by the CT shooting yesterday. I don't know how he was able to coach last night.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:55 am

Pete, I saw that post game moment as well. So very touching. I think it's a mark of real manliness for men to show their emotions, and KG, Kevin, and President Obama all did so quite movingly yesterday.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:22 am

NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next