Mike Brown Fired

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mike Brown Fired

Post by Outside on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:17 pm

TJ, I think you're being a little sensitive about the Kobe GIF. I thought it was just plain funny. I saw it as a satire on the situation, not a knock on Kobe at all.

Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:29 pm

My Laker friend is saying Phil Jackson is coming back.

As the World Turns. Or maybe it's All My Children.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Bob, When Jim Buss interviewed Mike Brown for the Lakers job, it was after the Lakers with a porous defense had lost to Dallas in the semi's. Mike Brown presented very detailed defensive schemes about how to defend pick and rolls and other maneuvers that the Mavs worked successfully against LA. Buss was impressed by Brown's meticulous preparation and hired Brown on that basis. Too bad the Laker players weren't as impressed. They didn't play hard for him and the results are obvious this year. Now I personally think 5 games is way too short a chance for Mike Brown, but who am I to tell the Buss family what to do. Still, I would love it if they hired Stan van Gundy just to see Dwight blow a fuse, but that will never happen.

worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:12 pm

worcester wrote:Bob, When Jim Buss interviewed Mike Brown for the Lakers job, it was after the Lakers with a porous defense had lost to Dallas in the semi's. Mike Brown presented very detailed defensive schemes about how to defend pick and rolls and other maneuvers that the Mavs worked successfully against LA. Buss was impressed by Brown's meticulous preparation and hired Brown on that basis. Too bad the Laker players weren't as impressed. They didn't play hard for him and the results are obvious this year. Now I personally think 5 games is way too short a chance for Mike Brown, but who am I to tell the Buss family what to do. Still, I would love it if they hired Stan van Gundy just to see Dwight blow a fuse, but that will never happen.

worcester,

They were saying last night during the Lakers-GSW game that Phil Jackson and Mike D'Antoni are the leading candidates for the permanent job.

My money is on Phil, big-time. They want to win this year? Then go back to the offensive and defensive playbooks that 3 of the starters already know (Blake is not a starter, he's a hideous placeholder). The triangle isn't simple, and Nash and Howard will have a learning curve (especially Howard), but it's the best option available to them.

As far as Jerry Buss's idiot son's decision to hire Brown goes, there's more to building a team than impressing the owner, like, you know, involving your star player in the decision? Kobe was out of the loop and, guess what, he never put his heart into Mike Brown. If Kobe doesn't, neither will Pau, TAFKARA or anybody else because it's Kobe's team.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:18 pm

Idiot son is an apt description. Phil makes supreme sense. We'll see how persuasive Jerry Buss' daughter is with her feminine wiles.

worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:30 am

bobheckler wrote:This is what actually happened

bob

Bob, for the record, I thought this was funny. As a Lakers fan, no offense taken. Not that you would lose any sleep over it if I was offended, LOL. On the original video, I was thinking man if looks could kill. I was just trying to figure out you did that. Amazing computer skills.

MG

MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum