sinus007
bobheckler
dboss
Sam
9 posters

Go down

The Cousins Market Empty The Cousins Market

Post by Sam Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:41 am

The following was contained in a Sacramento Kings website dated Jan. 3, 2013. I'm not commenting on it—simply reporting it.

Sam

NBA trade rumors have surrounded DeMarcus Cousins since his latest emotional meltdown.

Here are the landing spots being talked about and why a swap will or will not go down.

3. Detroit Pistons

Vince Ellis of the USA Today reported that the Pistons aren’t willing to trade players who’d make a Cousins deal possible. He wrote:

And let's get this out of the way—the Pistons aren't the least bit interested in dealing away Monroe or Drummond. Drummond is untouchable and Monroe is at the level just below. A source e-mailed me with this Sunday night: “We have two, young big men—they're 'Pistons.”

Who does that leave? Brandon Knight and Rodney Stuckey? Unless Detroit makes Drummond or Monroe available, Cousins isn’t headed to Motown.

2. Boston Celtics

David Aldridge of NBA.com reported that the Celtics are interested in acquiring Cousins.

The problem with Boston, though, is that its best offer would be a package made up of Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo. First off, that swap wouldn’t be in the Kings’ best interest to accept. And according to Aldridge, the Celtics are unlikely to even offer Bradley’s services.

1. Charlotte Bobcats

Imagine Noel and Thomas Robinson in the same frontcourt for the next decade.
Andy Lyons/Getty Images
Right now, Charlotte may just be the most likely landing spot for Cousins if the Kings do indeed deal him.

Mark J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports reported that, according to sources: “The Bobcats could make a run at trading for DeMarcus Cousins. They have young players and as many as three first-round picks next summer.”

Charlotte currently has the fourth-worst record in the NBA, so its pick would likely give the Kings realistic odds to land the No. 1 overall selection. If the Bobcats offered Bismack Biyombo, Jeff Taylor and two first-round picks, one of which could turn into the likes of Nerlens Noel or Shabazz Muhammad, Sac-Town would have to consider it.
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

The Cousins Market Empty Re: The Cousins Market

Post by dboss Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:53 am

Sam

I sure Hope that sully and Bradley are not part of any deal.

Plus I just don't like Cuz.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:52 pm

The Cousins Market sounds like a dating site in West Virginia.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi,
I'm with Dboss.
Don't trade the future...

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:32 pm

I don't care what kind of "Upside" Cousins has, he is not worth three young players like that, especially with his history. The last thing the Celtics need is a trade that will really upset the club completely. Look at the effect the Perk trade had on Boston. I still feel if Perk was still on that team in 2011-they would have won the title.

This trade seems just too unappealing to me. I know we all have our own feelings about these guys, but, this is not the trade I would like to see happen.

Fans blame Ainge for some lousy picks, then they want him to trade away
the two most talented guys we have drafted in a while.

This is not the answer

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Rosalie,

You've got it right in my opinion. Again, and as usual.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:08 pm

I completely agree, nycelt.

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:55 am

moi aussi
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:06 am

I think the Cousins market dropped off the face of the earth last nite with Cousins' monster game. I would not give what the Kings would be asking now. The chance to get him was right after the suspension. Timing is everything.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:14 pm

Just a little gasoline for the fire.

Sam

NBA Rumors: Boston Celtics Should Go All-in for DeMarcus Cousins
By
Josh Schoch
(Featured Columnist) on January 5, 2013

The Sacramento Kings may be willing to make the mistake of trading star center DeMarcus Cousins, and the Boston Celtics need to do everything possible to land the exceptional big man.

According to Marc Stein of ESPN, the Kings are looking to swap the young gun for a veteran or two who could help the franchise, which currently sits at 13th in the West.

The early word from the DeMarcus Cousins trade watch, according to the latest rumbles on the personnel grapevine, is that Kings co-owners Gavin and Joe Maloof remain reluctant in the extreme to part with their young big man, especially at a time when -- after three suspensions already this season -- Cousins' trade value isn't exactly on the upswing.

There's a growing sense among potential suitors that under-fire Kings general manager Geoff Petrie, who has overseen zero trips to the playoffs under five coaches in the six-plus seasons since Rick Adelman left town, would be willing to move Cousins, preferably in exchange for a dependable veteran of quality or two who could bring some instant improvement to a franchise stuck in lottery land and still plagued by an uncertain future in terms of where this team will be calling home in the long term.

Cousins is the ideal player to bring to Boston right now for a Celtics team that should be entering a rebuilding phase.

The team is 14-17 this season, and is ninth in the East. It is aging quickly and is going to lose a few players like Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jason Terry to retirement in a few years (if not sooner).
This is no longer the team that won the 2008 NBA Finals, and is instead one of the oldest teams in the league.

The Celtics need someone who can play alongside star point guard Rajon Rondo for the next 10 years. The 26-year-old point guard is arguably the best floor general in the league, but his best weapons are much older than he is.
Not Cousins.

At just 22 years old, Cousins has plenty of time left in the NBA. The biggest question about Cousins is whether or not he can get his act together, but there might not be a better coach in the world to help him do so than Doc Rivers. David Aldridge of NBA.com appears to agree as well.

The Boston Scenario goes like this: surely Cousins would straighten up and fly right if he was surrounded by winners; if he had Doc Rivers barking in one ear and KG barking in the other, he'd have no choice but to give in to the Mystique.

The Celtics are considered among the leaders for Cousins (per Aldridge), and they certainly have a wealth of veteran stars who could interest the Kings.
Many execs around the league have the Celtics and Pistons at the top of the list of Cousins admirers, even after this latest episode...

The Celtics are willing to take the gamble, according to another league source, and embrace the challenge of keeping Cousins on the right path. But if Petrie can't add any payroll, it's hard to see a scenario with Boston that would be enticing for the Kings, unless they're enamored with rookies Jared Sullinger or Fab Melo as centerpieces of a deal.

Including guard Avery Bradley might get a conversation going, but the Cs love Bradley's two-way game and have imagined him a cornerstone of their rebuild; Bradley's rapid development the second half of last season before his shoulder injuries put him on the shelf in the playoffs made it much easier for Boston to absorb Ray Allen's departure.

I'm not saying it's going to be easy for the C's to trade for Cousins, but with his stock so low and the team desperately needing a young, talented player, this could be a match made in heaven.

The Celtics have to pursue Cousins right now. Even during a down year he is still averaging 16.6 points and 9.9 rebounds per game, which would put him at second on the team in scoring and first in rebounding.

Boston needs a true center. It needs a young gun who can help Rondo. It needs Cousins.

If the Kings are stupid enough to deal their center the Celtics have to swoop in and grab him.
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:20 pm

Amazing how they recycle old news. If you look at the article above it has today's date, January 5. It's the exact same article Schoch wrote about two weeks ago with our record updated. I've heard of recycling newspaper, but now we recycle news.

Since that time it appears pretty certain that Cousins will be staying in Sacramento.

Lazy journalism.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:32 pm

Just some guy trying to get his name back on the NBA front pages with his theory. Hero journalism, if it ever came true he could be the one who said it.

This story is getting very old and boring. The Kings love it because it keeps people talking about their team.

Bradley proved last night that he is a very valuable cog in the Boston Celtic wheel. Sully is coming into his own and it seems like Lee is beginning to get "it". I think the best is yet to come here.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down