Getcha Red Hot Trade Rumors Here

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getcha Red Hot Trade Rumors Here

Post by sam on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:50 am

Pssst. My barber said he heard the Celtics are going to trade Garnett for Butler and Bledsoe. That's Rhett Butler and Drew Bledsoe.

But my barber's wife (he doesn't know we have a thing going) swears the two teams haven't talked and that Butler is damaged goods ever since he tripped over a dead Confederate at Gettysburg.

Then a kid using the urinal next to mine, who swore that he was a sports writer since he had written a term paper on groin pulling, said he had inside word that the Celtics are going to auction off Garnett's services and that Paul Pierce would be the auctioneer. But when I whipped around from my urinal to ask him for details, he suddenly ran out of the bathroom screaming.

And my wife (who's a great boogie boarder) has recently taken up ouija boarding. She says the little plotz on her ouija board tells her the Clippers don't want Kevin Garnett. They want Kevin Bacon because, in every game, Bacon can be counted on to cut loose....footloose.

Dontcha just love the potpourri of rumors out there? I can't wait to get up every morning and read the latest trade trash from every Pulitzer Putz who's slithering around out there. The clever writing just sends me into spasms of rapture: Yes it is. No it isn't. Well it could be. But it isn't. Is too. Is not. So's your mother. I mean you just can't find great writing like that any more.

Geez, how can I ever make through the six hours before the National Enquirer is slipped into my tail pipe? I just love their sports section.

Sam

sam
Admin

http://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Getcha Red Hot Trade Rumors Here

Post by dboss on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:46 am

Ha!

dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:14 am

There is too much inane and uniformed bloviating!!

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:14 am

Thanks for the update Sam, I'll repeat these rumors at work today. By the end of today they should lead on ESPN!

bobc33

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:22 am

Hi,
On a more general note. The cardinal rule of modern media: you don't have news to report - make it up.

AK

sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:47 am

Sounding like Eddie Murphy in "Beverly Hills Cop":

"I don't fall for no Enquirers in my tailpipe!"

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by sam on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Just potatoes, huh Bob? That's what potatoes are good for. Tailpipes, swim suits, and gaining weight.

Sam

sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:57 am

Latest rumor: KG said no to Denver.

So far he has said no to Denver and the Clippers. Only 27 more turn downs before we can say this is all bullshit.

Oh, wait a second, I think we can say that now.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:14 pm

who comes up with the best rumor before tonights game gets a free batch of cookies and a cheesecake. Has to be nationally televised though......

Get going Matty, you are the best bet here

Rosalie

RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:50 pm

One of my favorite days of the season is the day after the trading deadline. Only 16 more days until February 22.

Until then, I guess my best options are to:

• Hide out in the wilderness.

• Plug my ears and say "la la la la la" for 16 days.

• Give in to the madness. Lee, Terry, Bass, and Collins for Kevin Durant -- the trade machine says it works!

Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:59 pm

Well....Outside......I might consider talking about that last one. But personally, my husband would throw me out in the snow if I started singing!

Rosalie

RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi,
From BleacherReport:
KG said "I bleed green. I die green"
Also, KG suggested he'd agree to a trade if it's to LA and PP is included.

AK

sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by sam on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:28 pm

Sinus. Shows the inaccuracy of media.

KG actually said, "I DYE green" He meant his hair.

Oh, wait!

Sam

sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:36 pm

sam wrote:Sinus. Shows the inaccuracy of media.

KG actually said, "I DYE green" He meant his hair.

Oh, wait!

Sam

Sam,

That was an old, recycled Rodman quote. It was a slow news day and "sorry, nothing new" doesn't feed the bulldog.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:41 pm

Watching the Raptors game and the first thing out of the commentators' mouths is KG trade rumor. What part of no trade clause don't these guys get? I'm constantly amazed by how little homework sports commentators and writers do. I realize that I'm a fan and I know what's going on with the Cs and they're just one of thirty teams. But I have a day job. For these guys this presumably IS their job. Or it's just easier to ignore the facts to make the headline?

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:43 pm

IDIOTS! That is what I call them, they are just looking for a crazy story to cause some talking.

RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:56 pm

atcross wrote:Watching the Raptors game and the first thing out of the commentators' mouths is KG trade rumor. What part of no trade clause don't these guys get? I'm constantly amazed by how little homework sports commentators and writers do. I realize that I'm a fan and I know what's going on with the Cs and they're just one of thirty teams. But I have a day job. For these guys this presumably IS their job. Or it's just easier to ignore the facts to make the headline?

atcross,

Welcome to the forum!

We hope you drop in and post here often. You might enjoy checking out the Game On! forum during an upcoming game.

Regards

NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sam on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:40 am

Atcross,

Welcome to the forum. We have a lot of fun, are very supportive of one another, think we have a pretty savvy group of basketball fans, and love our Celtics.

I don't know whether you're located in the Greater Boston area, but we're planning a board party on March 16, which includes dinner, a Celtics game, and optional breakfast the following morning. In case you might be interested in joining us, there are details about the party on the thread entitled "ST. PATTY'S DAY WEEKEND- UPDATE CELTICS - TICKET PURCHASE - ITINERARY.

I hope you'll enjoy the forum, and I look forward to your posts.

Best regards,

Sam

sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:56 am

Thanks for the welcome. And thanks for the invite but the drive from Western Colorado is a killer. I do watch just about every Cs game every year (thank you, league pass.) Used to follow the forum on the Globe but there wasn't much to see but fire Doc, trade Rondo trolls. There's better content here.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:40 am

Kobe traded to Boston?

With the Lakers coming to town, here are a couple of pictures of Kobe working out in Celtics green.

Okay, so if you haven't heard about these already, Kobe released these pictures from his 1996 pre-draft workout with the Celtics. The other player in both photos is the great Dennis Johnson.

Have a wonderful trade rumor day.

Outside

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top