Game On! Celtics @ Bobcats - March 12, 2013

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game On! Celtics @ Bobcats - March 12, 2013

Post by NYCelt on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:31 pm

I don't think this is a good one to gauge how we would be without Pierce. We were all around terrible; he probably couldn't have saved this one single-handedly. I would also presume we would get someone in return for Pierce so who's to say.

Just an ugly game.
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:45 pm

NYCelt wrote:I don't think this is a good one to gauge how we would be without Pierce. We were all around terrible; he probably couldn't have saved this one single-handedly. I would also presume we would get someone in return for Pierce so who's to say.

Just an ugly game.

I think what you can gauge is we didn't have anyone who creates open shots that PP does each game, missed his rebounding, and our defence looked as bad as it has looked in I don't know how long. The 18 pts a game as well. Its kind of coincidental that our assists way down, rebounding way down, scoring way down, and defence horrible all the same nite that we don't have him.
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:53 pm

Exactly, like it or not, he is such an important part of this team that it is scary what they will be like when he goes. He draws so much attention from other teams that that is why these guys are open to shoot. And another thing, when are they going to get it thru their heads that they have to go to the basket more. These long three pointers just are not going to win these games
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:56 pm

Also like it or not, there aren't that many SF's that are better than him at this point in his career either.
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:57 pm

Lebron, Durant, Melo, other than that the pickings are slim.....Jeff Green so talented and so up and down, if he only had Pierces craftiness and his will.
cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:14 pm

In a team game like basketball you just cannot lay an outright stinker tonight entirely on the fact that Pierce sat out. You have to look at how ineffective players like KG, Lee and Terry were tonight. We were out-rebounded something like 48-29; Pierce is as solid as they come in that department, but he couldn't make that gap up. Completely aside from Pierce being out, our effort was pitiful.

Against a team like Charlotte it also may have hurt more that Rondo was out than Pierce.

I'm not downplaying Pierce's remaining value, just pointing out this was way more than being minus Pierce tonight.
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top