Gigi Datome could be playing with the Celtics next season.

+2
bobheckler
international
6 posters

Go down

Gigi Datome could be playing with the Celtics next season. Empty Gigi Datome could be playing with the Celtics next season.

Post by international Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:22 am

http://www.notizie.it/basket-datome-sbarca-in-nba-accordo-con-i-boston-celtics/

international

Back to top Go down

Gigi Datome could be playing with the Celtics next season. Empty Re: Gigi Datome could be playing with the Celtics next season.

Post by international Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:28 am

https://youtu.be/iuqnXd34GX0

international

Back to top Go down

Gigi Datome could be playing with the Celtics next season. Empty Re: Gigi Datome could be playing with the Celtics next season.

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:54 am

international,

I tried to find the button to translate that from italian into english. Is there anyway to do that?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by international Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:08 am

I don't know Bob,but basically it says....Datome is going to be the fourth Italian in the NBA next season and that they are going to make official after the end of the finals in the Italian league.He is playing in that final and they don't want him to think about something else.Datome is 26 years old and according to the source he is going to sign for the minnimun because his dream is to play with the glorious Celtics.For what I have seen he can help the Celtics right away,a great shooter and he is very athletic.He is 6-8 and can play small forward or shooting guard and he can play the 4 sometimes.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by international Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:11 am

I forgot to mention that he is the captain of the Italian national team that includes among others...Danilo Galinari,Marco Bellineli and Andrea Bargnani.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:07 am

international,

Hey, thanks a lot for this pearl!

Here's some more meat for this meal.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/6/11/4418584/rumor-celtics-interested-in-gigi-datome

Unfortunately, his draftexpress write up hasn't been updated since 2009.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Luigi-Datome-263/

http://www.sportando.net/eng/italy/serie-a/56790/gigi-datome-denied-any-rumors-about-the-celtics.html

Colangelo of Toronto is also interested.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:10 pm

I always worry when there's no reference to a prospect's defense.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:31 pm

Sam, one of my prize possessions is a photo taken of me with the original Gigi, Leslie Caron. Yes, she's asking for my autograph, but I turned her down since she didn't have the $500 in cash I usually charge.

Getting back to basketball, if Datome can dance on the floor like Leslie Caron, then he stands a chance of being able to play adequate D.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:32 pm

sam wrote:I always worry when there's no reference to a prospect's defense.

Sam

Sam,

He's a Euro, what do you expect? Give me a latino: Puerto Rican, Argentian or Brazilian anyday.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:37 pm

worcester wrote:Sam, one of my prize possessions is a photo taken of me with the original Gigi, Leslie Caron. Yes, she's asking for my autograph, but I turned her down since she didn't have the $500 in cash I usually charge.

Getting back to basketball, if Datome can dance on the floor like Leslie Caron, then he stands a chance of being able to play adequate D.

Worcester,

And just like good dancers, good defenders have to do everything the other person is doing, just backwards and reversed.

They should grateful they don't have to do it in heels too.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:38 pm

worcester wrote:Sam, one of my prize possessions is a photo taken of me with the original Gigi, Leslie Caron. Yes, she's asking for my autograph, but I turned her down since she didn't have the $500 in cash I usually charge.

Worcester,

And just like good dancers, good defenders have to do everything the other person is doing, just backwards and reversed.

They should grateful they don't have to do it in heels too.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:50 pm

Red shoulda drafted Ginger Rogers then.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:48 pm

Worcester,

I agree. Leslie Caron is the bomb.  She was cool in her early 20s and she's cool at almost 82.  Her smile alone should be worth a special Oscar, along with that of Julia Roberts.

Sam

Last edited by sam on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:41 am

worcester wrote:Red shoulda drafted Ginger Rogers then.

Hubba-hubba!!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:44 pm

Gigi Datome just signed a 2 year contract with Detroit.

Talk about culture shock from Italy.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:10 pm

Who is this Brazillen Center the Celtics are signing to a two year contract. Check The Celtics Blog, I just read it.

How many guys are on the roster right now. Some deals are coming as soon as this trade goes thru!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down