Could the Celts use Nate Robinson?

+4
RosalieTCeltics
mrkleen09
MDCelticsFan
8 posters

Go down

Could the Celts use Nate Robinson? Empty Could the Celts use Nate Robinson?

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:06 pm

In light of the recent DNPS he has been acquiring, and since he seems to have fallen out of favor with D'Antoni, would he be a decent serviceable back up to Rondo. I think he handles the ball better than Eddie, and he can score. The best part would be he wouldn't be killing the Celts anymore, he's be a viable member of our bench.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Could the Celts use Nate Robinson? Empty Re: Could the Celts use Nate Robinson?

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:09 pm

I don’t like his attitude to be honest. Maybe that is a result of playing on such a crappy team for so long, but he seems like a cocky, me first kind of player that could be disruptive in the locker room.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:30 pm

He can stay in NY and showboat all he wants, I really do not like him at all.
Sure, he can hit a three in quick time, but he just doesn't play a team game.
new York can struggle with him all they want, we don't want him here.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:09 pm

No!!!!!!! Too much of a loose cannon!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:36 pm

hes a talented player however if we can develop Hudson he can eventually do everything Robinson can do plus he can defend

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:45 pm

How much longer before they ship Hudson to Maine for a stint with the D-league? It seems that it would be beneficial to both he and the team for him to continue working on his game, not just in practice but during a real game. I know with TA back (? for how long before he gets hurt again or Doc just sits him), and Davis nearly ready to return, that there will be someone leaving. As far as I am concerned, it should be Allen, but the kid, Hudson,
will probably go for a short time, at least.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:01 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:How much longer before they ship Hudson to Maine for a stint with the D-league? It seems that it would be beneficial to both he and the team for him to continue working on his game, not just in practice but during a real game. I know with TA back (? for how long before he gets hurt again or Doc just sits him), and Davis nearly ready to return, that there will be someone leaving. As far as I am concerned, it should be Allen, but the kid, Hudson,

Hudson could use real time play. He need to keep his game sharp and would be a good idea to send him down 'till Feb and then come back for the run. The C's have to get a back up guard and I cringe every time Rondo hits the floor. We lose him and it spells big trouble for us. The rest of the league would hold a gun to the C's head for a point guard if that happens. danny shoiuld try to land something now!

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Don't be surprised to see Tyrone Lu activated as a backup point guard in the near future. He practices with the team daily, is learning all the plays and the players. I really think he is the reason Danny hasn't gone shopping for another point guard. Any one else got any thoughts on this????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:09 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Don't be surprised to see Tyrone Lu activated as a backup point guard in the near future. He practices with the team daily, is learning all the plays and the players. I really think he is the reason Danny hasn't gone shopping for another point guard. Any one else got any thoughts on this????

Alston on the NJN. That would be a good team to trade with. Perhaps give a young player or a second round pick.

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:41 am

Besides the personality issues, Nate is BYC, like Big Baby, so any trade would be complicated and difficult b/c of the unequal salaries involved. Also- there are only four teams under the cap at this point (two of them barely so), thus limiting the possible participants in a byc player trade and making it even more unlikely.

Nate has clearly proven that he has talent, and there will always be a market for what he can bring. Maybe a year on the bench will force him to grow up.

If the Knicks continue to play well, I think NY will sit on him until this summer, then s+t him somewhere, unless they can package him before February with either Curry or JEffires to for expirings to get one of those salaries off the books this summer.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:45 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Don't be surprised to see Tyrone Lu activated as a backup point guard in the near future. He practices with the team daily, is learning all the plays and the players. I really think he is the reason Danny hasn't gone shopping for another point guard. Any one else got any thoughts on this????

Rosalie,

Yes, I have a thought on this. Tyrone Lue is insurance policy that comes due around the trading deadline. After the Celtics trade a few expiring contracts in 2-1, 3-2 or 3-1 trades, it opens up a roster spot or 2. Then the fully trained Lue gets activated.

Tyron Lue is also an insurance policy for the event that Rondo gets hurt. In that scenario, another player (TBD) has to be released and the contract eaten because there is no injured reserve in the NBA. I have noticed that Rondo hasn't gone to the floor as often and as hard as he has in the past. Last game vs. the Bucks was an exception. He went down hard last night on a drive. Hopefully that truly was an exception and he continues to dribble through instead of giving up the dribble (and his body) too soon.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:25 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:How much longer before they ship Hudson to Maine for a stint with the D-league? It seems that it would be beneficial to both he and the team for him to continue working on his game, not just in practice but during a real game. I know with TA back (? for how long before he gets hurt again or Doc just sits him), and Davis nearly ready to return, that there will be someone leaving. As far as I am concerned, it should be Allen, but the kid, Hudson,

FYI, T. Allen cannot be assigned to the D-League as only first and second year players are eligible. His only value right now is his expiring contract. I realize yesterday was his first game back and he's going to be rusty, but what I saw was just more of the same foolish turnovers that we have always seen from him. It seems his body moves faster than his brain. It's really too bad, he was showing signs of being a valuable player before his knee injury.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:22 pm

How did you like that offensive foul where he just bowled the guy over just because he was so excited to be going to the rim? You knew before the play even got whistled that he just had it in his head he was going to try to score.
You are right, his head just is not in the game. I think he is another Gerald
Green, only older. Never, ever going to live up to the hype.

Now with the news that Daniels is going to be out at least eight weeks, that leaves a hole in the lineup. I am so disappointed, he was really working himself into a nice spot in the rotation.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:46 pm

Rosalie it's funny that you compare him to Gerald Green, I was thinking the same thing earlier and almost posted it but didn't for whatever reason. Totally agree with you. I think the main difference between the two is that Tony does have athletic skills that pertain to basketball (though he's reluctant to show them most of the time). Gerald had althletic skills but they were probably better suited for track and field.

That offensive foul was just great. Almost as good as when he tracked down a loose ball off a long rebound and just chucked it out of bounds. It looked like he was playing hot potato. Someone needs to tell Tony it's ok to hold onto the ball for more than 3 seconds. Maybe he's allergic to leather.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down