jeb
MDCelticsFan
dbrown4
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cleveland Watch Empty Cleveland Watch

Post by dbrown4 Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 am

OK, I'm not kicking a team when they are down but what's the deal in Ohio? They are way behind their first 20 game pace vs. last year. Mikey getting thrown out because LeBron didn't get a foul called on him. (Actually, if you slo-mo it, LeBron lowered his shoulder and plowed into Battier just before the "foul" in question happened. Good no call by the refs.) 2 L's in a row, OK, 1 1/2 with OT, but Houston dumped them.

I'm thinking someone or ones are starting to see the guillotine blade is sharpened and now starting its inevitable motion. Do Mikey and Danny need to polish up their resumes now or just wait for the end of the season to start packing? The pressure up their has got to be off the charts for management, fans and players. Wouldn't wanna be there. Have enough pressure of my own.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Cleveland Watch Empty Re: Cleveland Watch

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:12 am

I would suspect Brown would not be axed during this season. If the Cavs don't bring home the title this year, Brown's firing could be a last ditch effort to keep Lebron in Cleveland. That is assuming a high profile coach is available to replace him after the season is over. Ferry should be on a longer leasch since it looks like he's doing all within his power to give Lebron the best possible supporting cast.-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:24 am

"Zen" "Master" your wanted in Cleveland.

It is clear to me now "King" James is a punk. A bad seed. His ego is running the show.

As for Brown he aint a coach he's a pal.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:46 am

jeb65 wrote:It is clear to me now "King" James is a punk. A bad seed. His ego is running the show.

Care to back up this statement Jeb?

He has had a few moments of immaturity - but a punk? I dont see it.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:47 am

Yeah, but Danny's "Off-Season Panic Moves" as someone at ESPN pointed out, are beginning to raise their ugly heads. They are backing up. It's just a question of by how much and how tight the leash is.

It would be disrepectful to cut Mikey loose mid-season, but things are desparate there, all the way around. The only one that is going to win anything there this season is LeBron and that's the lottery. He won't have his team with him. He may be the only one left standing.

Md, I think you are right. Unless things get real ugly like a major losing streak, Mikey is OK. Danny has made moves but not the right ones.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:49 am

Jeb: You're far too harsh on Lebron. He's just somewhat misguided at times, and at other times needs to be more judicious about his choice of words and topics. If you want to see a punk, look at the scum that wears #24 for the Lakers.-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:53 am

Kleen

Not looking for a fight dude chill out. Take it out of overdrive for two seconds. Call it whatever word you like and perhaps a poor choice of words on my part.

I guess his descent into showboating and me first crap is freaking me out a bit. It is getting worse at a rapid clip. I used to pull for the guy. I cant believe what a hard right turn the whole thing with him has taken.

I can't see it ending well.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:08 am

Jeb,

I'm not sure what he is, but he is just 24. I couldn't find my ass with both hands at that age. And then add millions of dollars on top of that. Things are spinning rapidly out of control there. Next few weeks should be very interesting, that's all I'm saying.

They are starting up the dancing bs again. Not a fave o' mine. Of course, they just cancelled that class after the Houston game. Oh, and don't forget the D. West time bomb waiting to explode. That one has been tidily swept under the rug for now. I'm expecting some kind of drama soon. But then again, I am wrong most of the time with basketball predictions.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:15 am

D-MD

I regret using the word punk. It's early out west and I aint had any coffee. Let me switch it to brat. Though I aint sure that is strong enough.

Maybe I am a worry wart but I am CONCERNED for the kid.The whole scene just looks real ugly to me.

And dbrown I hear you on the young and dumb bit. I was an olympic dumbass at that age.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:30 am

I watched the last quarter of the Cavs-Rockets game last night in disbelief.... and glee for sure. I was particularly struck with the trash coming out of LBJ's mouth which was discernible with the mike at the rim/backboard. I would frankly prefer KG's f-bombs to the bickering I heard. Measureably classier IMHO.

Cavs and particularly Shaq looked terrible. I missed the spate of technicals which must have been a hoot.

I have to give it to the Rockets and clutch shooting by ex-Laker Ariza (sweet!) and Brooks. They outplayed the Cavs. Skunked 'em.

LBJ may need to go into therapy to work thru some of his messiah complex issues. Maybe some group therapy with the entire team. Touchy/feely stuff. Who knows. alien

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:19 am

jeb65 wrote:Kleen

Not looking for a fight dude chill out. Take it out of overdrive for two seconds. Call it whatever word you like and perhaps a poor choice of words on my part.

Man, some of you guys out here have a real problem understanding the difference between debating and fighting. No one is looking for a fight Jeb. If you make a statement, you should be willing to back it up.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:37 am

If I ever have to fight anybody, I'm going to hire Floyd Mayweather to do it for me, or maybe Manny Paccio. I have to wait and see who the winner will be in March as to who gets the job! (LOL)-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:39 am

It didn't mean that much to me daddy-o. If you realize you misspoke you can also examine it and tweak it more to your liking.

Your language is a little direct and aggressive sometimes buddy.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:21 pm

In general, it seems that opinions (at least on a message board) are best expressed with minimum emphasis on labels. If I say I don't like someone, that's an opinion and really can't be contested as such because I know more about myself and my opinions than anyone else does. If, instead, I say I don't like someone and he's a jerk, the addition of the label "jerk" becomes potentially contestable because no one has a monopoly on
the definition of the word "jerk."

I happen to feel that, the more I'm exposed to the words and actions of Lebron, the less I like him. I don't have to punctuate my statement with a label in order to clarify my meaning. If someone wants to ask why I feel that way, the request will probably be less contentious if I haven't included an emphatic, potentially contestable label.

At the same time, while healthy debate is welcomed, debate per se is not the objective of all discourse on a message board—especially not the confrontational tone that is inherent in some forms of debate. If our exchanges with one another are framed as non-confrontationally as possible, it would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:46 pm

Sam

Well said. Punk is a loaded word and was a poor choice. It also didn't convey what I was thinkin very well.

To me James started a pretty bad nosedive last year with all the cutting up on the sidelines and it's worse this year with an uglier tone.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:48 pm

jeb65 wrote:It didn't mean that much to me daddy-o. If you realize you misspoke you can also examine it and tweak it more to your liking.

Your language is a little direct and aggressive sometimes buddy.

Fair enough Jeb.....but as you can see, I asked you for an explanation long before you came back and claimed it was a misstatement.

Sorry if you think me asking for an explanation was a attack...I simply wanted to hear your explanation as to why you consider him a punk.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:56 pm

handshake. dancing and mugging in victory. Poorly handled success. This year it seems to have poured into the way he is playing.
His play is more selfish. Less team oriented. The whole thing with him just seems to be getting rapidly worse.

The handshake thing really got to me. I was willing to cut him some slack before that.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:10 pm

With me, it's the know-it-all, self-aggrandizing, patronizing, benevolent smirk Lebron has on his face
a lot of the time. Funny how he has that in common with my least liked
Laker. Isiah had it too, come to think of it.

I've heard all the claims about how he's just a kid. This is his seventh year in the league. He's had to deal EXTENSIVELY with notoriety for a long time now. He seems reasonably smart. How long should it take someone with brains to learn how to act in an environment with which he's had experience for seven years?

Whatever he does next year, he'll be even more deified in the process than he is already. Will that help him get his head on straighter than it is now?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:05 pm

This is always going to be a problem with a message board/forum. You can't get the intent of what someone is writing unless you know the person or hear them deliver what they are writing.

As for LeBron, he is a cocky dude. At least up to now, 7 years in, he has every right to be that way because he can back it up. Now he doesn't have a ring. And the NBA world is starting to turn its head to ask LeBron that question. And with our analysis to date, he is at a tipping point. And it appears he is going down the slide part of it and not up the ladder to the championships he so desparately desires.

I'll make this statement. If he continues on his current path, he will become and AI or a Charles Barkely. Great player, no rings. All the other greats with championships figured it out. You can't win it on your own merits.

Can anyone name any NBA championship team that had one starting superstar and the rest minor role players? It takes at least 2 superstars starting on a team or one ss and one almost ss to win a championship. You can win one game, one series or maybe even two series or even make it to the finals in the NBA, but winning it all takes more than one. Ask AI. Kobe tried a long time before he found Shaq. He tried it his way. And to his credit, he saw the light and changed his game/ego. As much as I/we loathe LA, Kobe knows a way to win a championship or four. Jordan had to have Pippen. He makes that statement in his acceptance speech. The Celtics are the first organization I can recall to stretch this to 3 starting stars.

AI is done. He will not get a championship in his NBA career. LeBron was/is sitting on that fence right now. And it looks like he has, unbeknownst to him, made his choice. I never thought about Phil in Cleveland, but that coach may be his only saving grace. Despite my hatred of that same smug look on Phil's face as LeBron's, Phil knows how to mesh a mega superstar personality into a team concept better than any coach I've seen in the NBA. You will never see Phil coaching at a New Jersey next season. He only goes to contenders with (personality )problems (and) getting over the hump. He has 10 championships to prove he knows what he is doing. Perfect for Cleveland. Perfect for Phil. I just don't think Danny can pull that one off. At least not with his actions so far. If Phil doesn't retire with his bad back, this is an interesting possibility, to say the least. If Phil retires at the end of this season, LeBron's chances of winning a title in the NBA are zero. So that leaves LeBron to LAL or Phil to CLE. I can't wait for this summer!!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:06 pm

KG has been in the league for 14 years and he gets into players faces every night. Paul Pierce was a pro for 9 years when he gave Atlanta the choke and cut throat sign. I don’t see how the amount of years you have been in the NBA has any bearing on this subject or your ability to suffer a momentary lapse in judgment.

Lebron is not my favorite player personally and I think walking off the court without shaking hands, or the little jig he danced against the Bulls last week show an absolute lack of maturity. But I fail to see how that makes him anything other than a human that makes bad decisions from time to time. It clearly doesn’t make him a “punk”

He is 25 years old, has the weight of an entire franchise on his shoulders, and is on a short list of guys who are the face of an entire sport. I guess I am a bit more willing than you guys to cut the kid some slack.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:12 pm

GA,

What exactly was LeBron saying, w/o getting too explicit? I recorded the game but wasn't paying attention to that part.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:35 pm

I think one of the major problems with LBJ is that nobody is willing to stand up to him. If he had a coach that actually coached him, and teammates that didn't just slobber all over him, but instead helped him to see areas that he can improve on, maybe that would help in his maturation process.
I don't by any means think this makes him less responsible for his actions, but it certainly doesn't help.

I fear it's too late for him to make any major changes now. I think he's bought into the whole "King" thing and is blinded by praise that is thrown at him by sports writers, fans, his teammates, his coach, and his endorsers.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:52 pm

Why belabor the "punk" thing? That was retracted graciously.

When "momentary" lapses in judgement occur with increasing regularly, they become the norm and cease to be "momentary."

And the body language I see from him in every game is incessant.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:59 pm

As far as Phil Jackson is concerned, I think he's done with coaching after his contract expires with the Lakers. I think he's tired of the grind and the aggrivation. I wouldn't look for him in Cleveland or any place else. Not that many viable ready made situations to step into. He doesn't want to put something together. His stints in Chi-town & LA prove that!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:05 pm

MD,

Yeah, I'm just thinking of Phil completing the set. Michael, Kobe and LeBron. He could do it if he wanted. You have to admit, Cleveland, as is, would be in his wheelhouse.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next