pete
gacracker
dbrown4
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thank You, Sam and Adminstrators Empty Thank You, Sam and Adminstrators

Post by dbrown4 Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:21 pm

I just wanted to thank you Sam and the Adminstrators for this forum/site. I have to admit, I check out the Boston.com forum from time to time. I know, thrity lashes with a wet noodle, but it has turned into a joke. I just read one thread that made me laugh because it sounded like several 3rd graders out at recess fighting over the dodgeball. Really. I'm serious.

I post (OK, ramble) a good amount on this site knowing the responses and the respect that I receive are well thought out and well intended. But the Boston.com forum site is now a complete joke. It really is pitiful. And for my $20, this site is a steal. Thank you all for pulling up the carpet and moving out. I am honored to be a part of this site and hope to be posting and reading for a long time.

Great move!!

David Brown
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Thank You, Sam and Adminstrators Empty Re: Thank You, Sam and Adminstrators

Post by gacracker Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:55 pm

dbrown4 wrote:And for my $20, this site is a steal. Thank you all for pulling up the carpet and moving out. I am honored to be a part of this site and hope to be posting and reading for a long time.

Great move!!

David Brown

Dee: Agreed. 20 bucks is an amazing steal. Between you and me, I am not at all convinced that Sam and company are in it for the $$$. If they were, some of us legit PITA's would be charged accordingly to make it worth their time/effort/hassle/grey hair/aggravation... and we would willingly pay because no one else would possibly want to put up with our stuff! Laughing

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:01 pm

dbrown & GC,

Thank you!

The fact that this site is informative & enjoyable to all (this includes me!) makes it well worth the time. In addition, posts like yours, helps us stay pumped up, reinforces that we are on the right track, and keeps the creative juices flowing on how to make this place even better.

Thanks again,

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:05 pm

I concur fellas. I am new to the blog thing and frankly just got a computer. I am a junkie for this place. So many different intellects and views. Some real straight talkers and some real deep thinkers. An education every day on the game and team I love the most.

Well done indeed.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:29 pm

gacracker wrote:
dbrown4 wrote:And for my $20, this site is a steal. Thank you all for pulling up the carpet and moving out. I am honored to be a part of this site and hope to be posting and reading for a long time.

Great move!!

David Brown

Dee: Agreed. 20 bucks is an amazing steal. Between you and me, I am not at all convinced that Sam and company are in it for the $$$. If they were, some of us legit PITA's would be charged accordingly to make it worth their time/effort/hassle/grey hair/aggravation... and we would willingly pay because no one else would possibly want to put up with our stuff! Laughing

GC
IMHO:
There is no way that Sam or the others are being fairly compensated for what they are providing...It is their love of the Celtics and convivial nature that is driving this bus. I go over to the other site now and again just to poke at a trolls because of my twisted sense of fun but this is the place to come talk about Celtic basketball.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:08 pm

dbrown,

All I can say is this site is a godsend. I was really close to giving it all up (posting on Celtic boards, that is) due to the same-old lame-old going ons over at the BDC. That is where I started posting on Celtic boards and where I got introduced to a lot of you guys.

The opportunity to be involved in this forum from the ground up has been quite a thrill for me.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:15 pm

LACELTFAN wrote:
gacracker wrote:

Great move!!

David Brown

GC
IMHO:
There is no way that Sam or the others are being fairly compensated for what they are providing...It is their love of the Celtics and convivial nature that is driving this bus. I go over to the other site now and again just to poke at a trolls because of my twisted sense of fun but this is the place to come talk about Celtic basketball.

LA:

Precisely my point!!!!

I simply said it in a more leasurely, less direct way than you!

I took the long and winding way around and came in to the parlor (or onto the bus) using the back door.

There is no compensation to speak of at all. Its all love.

Whodathunkit?

P.S. Sorry for confusion!

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:23 pm

well, i wasn't confused, GC.
absolutely, huge thanks to Sam and the guys for setting it up and running this train ...
this is a wonderful place to visit (and i'd love to live there ! - or here ... LOL).

Michael, still in Denver
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:35 am

I "pop" into BDC once in a while. I used to be addicted, but that was because there was nowhere else to go.

I looked at the threads there a day or two ago and it was the same old adolescent pissing contests between Lakers and Celtics. Rebels is one of the only one there that, IMO, has a balanced perspective and most of them, I hate to say it, are as basketball ignorant as the Laker trolls. I may have missed one or two others, but that tells you just how thin their ranks have become (no bench strength). Didn't even want to reply to anything I saw.

I'd rather be a peon in heaven than rule hell. That's why I'm here.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:37 am

I tip my virtual hat to Sam and the crew.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:49 am

I agree with all of the above! I love the respect that everyone shows here. We can disagree about things, but still keep it friendly. That's the sign of a well moderated board and everyone's ability to find common ground even though we have diverse opinions. Thanks everyone!
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:23 pm

dbrown and all others,

It's the board members that make this work and continue to grow as Sam envisioned.

Thanks to all of you.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:07 am

I think we all need to go out and look for furniture!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:31 am

Nycelt

Are there any smart guys over at bdc wading through that shite that have not come over yet?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:30 am

jeb65 wrote:Nycelt

Are there any smart guys over at bdc wading through that shite that have not come over yet?

Jebster: There is a new, kinda edgy, def witty new-guy-on-the-block named something like "shaken-not-stirred" that has some real Sams Club "pop" to him. Very sincere really IMHO. Knows his beeball.

Invite him to rookie camp for a look-see. Checkhimout. Bring him along slow. You know the type.

Create some buzz here. (This place is dullsville!) Psssssssst: take some heat off of me.

Give the mods some action. Wake 'em up a bit! Very Happy

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:26 pm

Gc

Is it passable cool to invite guys over? Or is that frowned upon?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:32 pm

jeb65 wrote:Gc

Dunno.... Maybe.... Depends.... shaken-not-stirred is one of MartiniLoverXXX's aliases as best I can tell.

BTW, "XXX" is now "209" and counting.

Nice to visit BDC from time to time. Nostalgia! Wouldn't want to live there though. Twisted Evil

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:36 pm

GC

SO doodes a troll. Not so hot is it chief? I'm talking about some of Sam and Gyso's pals that just didnt make the jump. I understand another group split there and that there is another celtics blog made up of former bdc guys? I'm trying to figure if some good posters are still at bdc that we could lure a little bit?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:54 pm

jeb65 wrote:GC

SO doodes a troll. Not so hot is it chief? I'm talking about some of Sam and Gyso's pals that just didnt make the jump. I understand another group split there and that there is another celtics blog made up of former bdc guys? I'm trying to figure if some good posters are still at bdc that we could lure a little bit?

Jeb:

1986 just made the jump from BDC. He might know something.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:59 pm

GC

Copy. I go over there ever once in a while. It seems obviously diminished as all the smarter guys fled for higher ground. I'll axe 86.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:12 pm

i'm emailing my brothers to see if they have time and interest - was thinking of it as a great Xmas gift, not something they'd usually find under their tree ! we'll see ...

Michael in Denver - nice day
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:14 pm

bigpyg

Sweet gift. I'd be stoked if I got it.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:10 pm

GC,

I believe you're probably talking about dslack's forum. The URL is:

http://www.setbb.com/celticsboard/

He wanted to provide a free alternative for people. You can check it out yourself and give us your opinion.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:25 pm

jeb65 wrote:Gc

jeb,

Of course you can invite guys over. GC was just funnin' with us about ML and his new name. I caught his drift on the first read. No worries, you have to have a sense of humor to get by in this world.

There are a few "old friends" still over there and it would be great if they came over and joined this forum. I still read the BDC off and on and post there as well. It is sad what they let go on there.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:55 pm

Sam wrote:GC,

I believe you're probably talking about dslack's forum. The URL is:

He wanted to provide a free alternative for people. You can check it out yourself and give us your opinion.

Sam

Sam:

Maybe this post was meant for Jeb? Doesn't seem to ring any bells with me.

Hard for me to keep things straight anymore.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next