A SPECIAL PRE-HOLIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!!

+2
RosalieTCeltics
Sam
6 posters

Go down

A SPECIAL PRE-HOLIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!! Empty A SPECIAL PRE-HOLIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!!

Post by Sam Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:13 pm

Sam’s Celtics Forum Announces Our Holiday Cheer Affiliation with

Dana Farber Cancer Institute and The Jimmy Fund

This forum was founded to provide a pleasant environment within which we can all exchange viewpoints with posting buddies. But, while we’re posting merrily away, there are many children whose holiday season will be anything BUT pleasant because cancer has become their constant companion.

Sam’s Celtics Forum is pleased to announce an affiliation with The Jimmy Fund, established to offer an opportunity for forum members to provide hope to children who have known the depths of hopelessness. We’re calling it our Holiday Cheer Program, through which we’re asking our members to help us collect holiday season contributions for The Jimmy Fund. 100% of whatever you are in a position to contribute yourself or to collect from friends and family will go
directly to The Jimmy Fund to support the work of the Dana Farber Institute.

On a smaller scale, we’re also going to be contributing to an annual holiday party that will be held next week for needy children by the Celtics Dancers.

You’re probably aware of the amazing state-of-the-art work done by the Dana Farber Cancer Institute to research and combat cancer. And perhaps even more aware of The Jimmy Fund, the legendary charitable arm that was established in 1947 to help finance the Dana Farber Cancer Institute’s fight against cancer in children. What you may not know is that, as early as 1988, two-thirds of those who became patients of Dana Farber were cured; and the success rate has steadily improved since that time. This is a results-oriented medical resource that now serves both children and adults. For years, The Jimmy Fund has been closely associated with the Boston Red Sox. Now, through Sam’s Celtics Forum, there is also an (unofficial) Celtics connection.

We’re well aware of the belt-tightening taking place at this time in our history. But we ask that you consider the impact you can have on the lives of others who may be facing something far more grim than belt-tightening...a fight for survival! And, in the spirit of the fun we try to interject in all board activities, we have some tangible inducements for your efforts. At the end of the giving period (which we’ve set as New Year’s Day, 2010), we’ll be holding a drawing of prizes to be awarded to some lucky contributors.

We’re organizing the drawing around the concept of the NBA draft ping pong balls. Every donor will be eligible to win any of the prizes. The chances of winning will increase in direct proportion to the amount of his or her donation.
Pending other prizes that people may wish to make available, the three that we know about now are:

• An autographed basketball signed by radio personality and the arguably most underrated contributor to Celtics
championships…Cedric Maxwell (donated by the board member known as “Pete”)

• A copy of “Red and Me” by Bill Russell (donated by the board member known as “112288”)

• An autographed copy of “When the Game Was Ours” by Jackie MacMullan (donated by Sam)

All contributions should be made by check payable to “Jimmy Fund” and mailed to:

Sam’s Celtics Forum; P.O. Box 758; Wellfleet, MA 02667. Please include your board name, and we will acknowledge your contribution by email for tax purposes.

We thank you for any assistance you can provide (regardless of amount) to help offer hope to very deserving children during this holiday season.

A SPECIAL PRE-HOLIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!! Icon_santa From the Administrators and "112288" Who Thought of this Great Initiative A SPECIAL PRE-HOLIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!! Icon_santa

Last edited by Sam on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

A SPECIAL PRE-HOLIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: A SPECIAL PRE-HOLIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!!

Post by Sam Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:11 am

I didn't adequately thank 112288, Pete and NYCelt, all of whom have worked particularly hard on this initiative.

The kids and I thank all of you.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

A SPECIAL PRE-HOLIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: A SPECIAL PRE-HOLIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!!

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:18 pm

This is a great project. What better way to Celebrate the holidays than to help out children in need of a helping hand and a boost. Thanks Sam, and all of you who have joined in making this possible. My check is in the mail.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:11 pm

Thanks Rosalie. You're always in the forefront.

Happy holidays.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:20 am

Sam, can I donate by Pay Pal. I'm on the road for the good part of the next few weeks.

Thanks,
David14
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:43 am

Sure David. I'll convert it to a money order payable to The Jimmy Fund. Thanks for donating.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:37 pm

Sam wrote:Sure David. I'll convert it to a money order payable to The Jimmy Fund. Thanks for donating.

Sam

Thanks Sam, I don't know about the rest of the guys on the site, but I hardly ever have "custody" of the check book in the family. I'm just assigned to go out and earn the money.

I'll donate through Pay Pal by tomorrow.

Take care,
David14
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:41 pm

David,

Although may name is on it, I have not seen my checkbook in 25 yrs! I don't even see my paycheck, just get my allowance. Perhaps there is a support group for this issue.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:56 pm

Pete, we definitely have that in common. I'm not sure when the last time I actually wrote out a check!!! I think my wife has trained our dog to grab it from me if I try to sneak a look!!!

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:44 pm

where would you send a check?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:58 pm

Checks should be made payable to The Jimmy Fund and mailed to:
Sam's Celtics Forum; P.O. Box 758; Wellfleet, MA 02667.

And many thanks,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:55 am

This is for such a good cause...bump
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:14 pm

It's been two hours since Pete bumped this...bump.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:20 pm

Back to you NY

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:05 pm

Bump
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down