Is Jamison One Of The Free Agents Possibly Available?

+2
swedeinestonia
sdceltfan
6 posters

Go down

Is Jamison One Of The Free Agents Possibly Available? Empty Is Jamison One Of The Free Agents Possibly Available?

Post by sdceltfan Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:57 pm

I have posted how much I love Chris Bosh. Another player that I feel would be a great Celtic is Jamison from Washington. He would no doubt come cheaper than Bosh, but will he be available? He seems to have great character, is a leader, can generate his own shot, and has high BB IQ.

Need some help here. Is there a possibility?

Go Celtics!!

sdceltfan

Back to top Go down

Is Jamison One Of The Free Agents Possibly Available? Empty Re: Is Jamison One Of The Free Agents Possibly Available?

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:42 pm

Hoopsworld have Jamison at 13 million + change for 2010-11 and 15 something for the year after.

He is good though.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Is Jamison One Of The Free Agents Possibly Available? Empty Re: Is Jamison One Of The Free Agents Possibly Available?

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:33 pm

I watched Jamison in GSW for years. A tweener who seems to have figured out how to make it work.

Who'd we get rid of at the 3-spot to make room for him? Ray Allen, moving Pierce back to 2 at his age? Not sure that'd be good. For the money he'd have to start, though.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:16 pm

Always quick to get rid of Ray Allen, just isn't going to happen. The Celtics will re-up Pierce's contract this summer and sign Ray. He has proven that he is truly a team player. If need be, he will come off the bench. I read just the other day that he will be able sign as the "Bird Exception" and his salary will not count against the cap. This is not to say that they are going to give him the money he is making now, but their hands are not as tied as one once thought. Why would they break this team up? Please don't give me age as the reason, Danny will have many spots ready to be filled with other capable young players this summer. Tony Allen is gone, possibly or probably Scal, who knows what will happen with Giddens and Walker. They
didn't pick up the option on Giddens so he is a free agent at the end of the year. Walker, I believe, has one more year, but I could be wrong there.Even
Hudson's spot is available, if need be.

I just do not believe they will trade or not resign Ray. He is here for the duration.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by sdceltfan Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:55 am

Rosalie, I remember the Bird, McHale, and Parish regime where the Celtics became suddenly very old, then injured, then out of the league. Ainge remembers it. In fact he was a big part of those Celtics. After Bird and McHale exited the league, the Celtics were forced to trade Ainge because the frontline was decimated with no one to replace them. That is precisely why the Celtics are going to have to begin to break this team up next year. More than anyone Ainge sjhould be aware of this. I have no doubt he is.

I have always been a big fan of Allen, but the fact remains his value too the Celtics will continue to diminish. This season's roster should definately not be tampered with, unless the Celtic are hit hard by injury bug. But I feel next season the Celtics have to begin transitioning themselves to a younger, more athletic team.

I have mentioned Bosh. Certainly 2 guards like JR Smith would be attractive. Lee from the Knicks. Younger, talented, proven players are out there.

Go Celtics!!

sdceltfan

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:26 am

Bosh would not fit on this team, I think Jamison would be a great choice. I have always loved his game. Lee, he really is going for a pay day. He will be available, though and I absolutely think he is a Celtic type player. I would love to see him in green. I still feel Ray will be on this team, in a reduced role next year. He has just about admitted himself that he will play wherever they want him to, he wants to retire here. I am absolutely not against getting younger, that is a fact that will have to be dealt with. Danny is no fool, remember, he lived through Bird, Parish, McHale!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:30 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Always quick to get rid of Ray Allen, just isn't going to happen. The Celtics will re-up Pierce's contract this summer and sign Ray. He has proven that he is truly a team player. If need be, he will come off the bench. I read just the other day that he will be able sign as the "Bird Exception" and his salary will not count against the cap. This is not to say that they are going to give him the money he is making now, but their hands are not as tied as one once thought. Why would they break this team up? Please don't give me age as the reason, Danny will have many spots ready to be filled with other capable young players this summer. Tony Allen is gone, possibly or probably Scal, who knows what will happen with Giddens and Walker. They didn't pick up the option on Giddens so he is a free agent at the end of the year. Walker, I believe, has one more year, but I could be wrong there. Even Hudson's spot is available, if need be.
I just do not believe they will trade or not resign Ray. He is here for the duration.

Rosalie,

Sorry, but that isn't true. I have read it elsewhere as well, but that doesn't make it true. Bird rights is just an Salary Cap Exception that sets the rules regarding the signing of a team's own free agents.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q27

"All salaries are included in team salary (and count against the cap). The Bird exception simply says a team can exceed the cap to sign certain players..."

Ray will need to take a substantial pay cut, with a contract that offers him less and less each year in order for him to stay on with the Celtics. I don't know if that has ever happened before. I wonder if anyone has ever signed a three year extention where the average yearly salary was less than half of the salary of the last year of his last contract?

Sorry,

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:53 am

SD,

I don't remember the sequence: Old, Injured, Out of the League.

Not to be a nitpicker, but I remember it as Injured, Hobbled and Out of the League.

There is nothing to suggest that the new guys will follow the same path. I don't see anything like Bird's bad back and McHale's broken foot on the current team. If the team can continue to regulate the minutes for them, I believe they won't have any of the same issues for the next few years.

KG looks to be back in form, better than ever. Perhaps his bone spur affected him in a negative manner in his very first year as a Celtic. Walnut size spurs don't grow overnight.

Ray still runs around like the energizer bunny and still manages to be a go-to guy late in games. I don't see that changing soon.

Paul seems to be able to feel out a game and he lets the flow of the game dictate how often he needs to take over at the end. He doesn't seem to force it like he had to last year.

I don't expect that there won't be minor issues along the way, but I don't see any correlation between then and now.

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:12 am

GYSO

I think all of us that lived thru the demise of that era (late 80's into the 90's) are all a bit gunshy. I do think having Ainge who lived it and saw what happened can be nothing but a plus. We do need to keep moving forward. James Posey is an small example, we made a reasonable offer he made his decision. Will when their times come will a like similar reasonable offer be made to RA, KG and PP, ( of course define reasonable)

Certainly health will be an issue will these guys and I don't doubt for a minute management knows it to.

There is more that befell Bird McHale and Parish than just those injuries, Bias' death had a lot to do with it too. And we know that would have extended the warranty on the then big three.

Here we were somewhat bitching about things over the course of the season yet look now, tied with LA for best record and a couple games up on our east rivals.

As of today I'll take it no problem.

beat

Last edited by beat on Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:56 pm

I firmly believe Ray will stay here. He is no fool. Basketball has never been more enjoyable (in his professional years) than it has been these last two plus years. He is still a dependable, capable, reliable player. It would be silly
to let him go. Time will tell, but I will stay with the thought that the big three will not be broken up.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down