Sully Carries C's On His Rebuilt Back

4 posters

Go down

Sully Carries C's On His Rebuilt Back Empty Sully Carries C's On His Rebuilt Back

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:06 am

One last look back at Sully's monster 25 point, 20 rebound game as well as what some people said about him on draft day.  This is the first 20+ point, 20+ rebound game since KG's first game back in 2008.  Not a bad act to follow.

Let's be honest here.  I was on the board, here, on draft day along with a good many members.  We were all looking for Danny to draft a center and when he took 6'9" Sullinger we all groaned.  Not one of us, not one, said "wow, what a coup!".

Still, here's an opportunity to laugh at other people, and that's always fun, right?

He sucks so it don't matter RT @IAMAGM: Expected lottery pick Jared Sullinger has a very serious back problem http://t.co/msH7n5To
— Barry Q (@KingLuis_) June 19, 2012

If you were an NBA team, could you really feel comfortable taking Jared Sullinger. He is so soft. #bust
— Aaron Ledbetter (@aleds77) April 1, 2012

Jared Sullinger will be a bust in the #NBA. Count on it. #guarantee
— Eliot Shorr-Parks (@EliotShorrParks) December 21, 2011

BleacherReport.com – 2011 NBA Draft: Jared Sullinger and 10 Players with the Most Bust Potential: http://bit.ly/hfHnxB
— Bleacher Report NBA (@BR_NBA) March 28, 2011

Now, enjoy the fruits of being wrong.  

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Sully Carries C's On His Rebuilt Back Empty Re: Sully Carries C's On His Rebuilt Back

Post by Sloopjohnb Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:31 pm

I really like a guy who's undersized and has no lift but can not only play inside but tatoo opponents while doing it. The way he uses that big caboose reminds me of Adrian Dantley and Mark Aguirre.

If his back problems don't recur he should be a good one.

Sloopjohnb

Back to top Go down

Sully Carries C's On His Rebuilt Back Empty Re: Sully Carries C's On His Rebuilt Back

Post by Sam Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:39 pm

BobH,

I went back to that thead, and you're correct that no one had a ringing, unqualified endorsement of Sully. I think Worcester came closest. I excerpted some quotes.

Sam

PRIOR TO THE SULLINGER PICK:

Sullinger's back scares the bejeezus out of me, but other than him I'd take any of the rest. – BobHeckler

Unless Sullinger is damaged now he might be a good pickup, but the next pick needs to be more certain — KennCelt

If Boston takes Melo and Sullinger, that would be a nightmare. (my opinion) _ TJMakz

….not at all high on Melo but Sullinger at 21/22 is not a bad pick, IMO. —Willjr

….(Sullinger to Boston?) No way. — Cowens

BOSTON PICKS SULLINGER:

Roll them dice. — Outside
Well, wanted beef, we got beef. — Bobheckler

Lukewarm here; but he can play. — NYCelt

Just what I wanted a landlocked PF with a bad back

BOSTON PICKS MELO:

Did we just take Acie Earl and Eric Montross all over again? — NYCelt

Exactly what I thought Boston shouldn't do. — TJmakz

Sullinger and Fab Melo... Bigger, tougher up front ...AB and Jeff Green and Rondo providing speed. We'll e tough and fast for years to come — Worcester

We just got slower and younger. — KennCelt

Sullinger I'm okay with because he at least has a low post game and a high basketball IQ — Willjr

Looking for the silver lining here, both Sullinger and Melo should be fantastic on the boards. Sullinger will not get moved off his spot. — BobHeckler

Sullinger, even healthy isn't the PF stud I was hoping for. But, with his wingspan, he seems to be the type of player who will mix it up and play a little taller than he is. — Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:21 pm

BleacherReport.com – 2011 NBA Draft: Jared Sullinger and 10 Players with the Most Bust Potential: http://bit.ly/hfHnxB
— Bleacher Report NBA (@BR_NBA) March 28, 2011
10 Sites Most Likely to Spew Shallow and Ill-Informed Garbage about the NBA:

1. Bleacher Report
2. ESPN
3-10. Take your pick, but they all pale in comparison to numbers 1 and 2.

It was fair to have concerns about Sullinger on draft day, considering his modest height, leaping ability, and quickness for his position and his known back problems.

Since then, he's shown that a wide body, 7-1 wingspan, and hard-nosed attitude can more than make up for his physical shortcomings. His back issues did cost him half his rookie season, and he's come back nicely from that, but they are still a concern going forward.

Anyone drafted 21st has some risk, and anyone with back issues is a risk. Shoot, everyone taken anywhere in the draft is a risk. But considering where Sullinger was chosen in the draft and how well he's worked out so far, he's been a risk that has paid off. I just hope that back issue doesn't crop up again.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down